What job.

23 hours ago, sandymere said:

Devon is multi cultural,  at least in my experience,  go to a local hospital,  Exeter or Barnstaple,  and 50% of the doctors and a fair proportion of the other professional roles, nurse etc will be either immigrants or from immigrant backgrounds, Derriford even higher. Well respected,  tax paying hard working people. Thats my every day Devon, the Devon world I live in with my family is extremely multi cultural. Probably more so than when I lived in Luton. The drug gangs, junkies stealing to feed their habit etc are white in the main. Colour, race, creed etc is not the determinator of decency. 

I'm assuming by your user name you live around Barnstaple/appledore area? I was down there last week and comparing seeing the rare middle class ethnic minority families in hiking clothing you see around there with the horrors people have to put up with in other areas of England is a bit of a stretch surely?

• Like 2

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree ? I doubt many will complain about a Fillipina nurse, an Indian doctor, a Japanese scientist or an Australian engineer coming here to do a job where they are needed. But the thousand

I wouldn't change anything. Really happy with where I am and what I've built. Wake up at 8am to coffee in bed, walk the lad to school, over the field with the dogs. Leave for work at 9.30....try and g

I am doing a job now that I never expected to do or planned for, but should have. Working as a carer for rapidly deteriorating very elderly parents with individual mental and physical problems. Luckil

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, tandors said:

I'm assuming by your user name you live around Barnstaple/appledore area? I was down there last week and comparing seeing the rare middle class ethnic minority families in hiking clothing you see around there with the horrors people have to put up with in other areas of England is a bit of a stretch surely?

Sandy is originally from Luton, in 2011 54% of Lutons population described themselves as white,it will be far less than that nowadays, Sandy is on a windup,i wonder the demographics within his current area? 1.59% of Devons population in 2017 identified as ethnic, a bit of a contrast surely? 

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, mackem said:

Sandy is originally from Luton, in 2011 54% of Lutons population described themselves as white,it will be far less than that nowadays, Sandy is on a windup,i wonder the demographics within his current area? 1.59% of Devons population in 2017 identified as ethnic, a bit of a contrast surely? 

Sshhh…..new forum rules…..you are only allowed to say:

”Yeah, that’s nice” in response to every single post !

Dont blame me, thems the rules !! Lol 

21 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Um... I'm sorry Sandy but I don't think we can really compare Devon to a lot of the South East or Midlands, or any of the major towns in the North of the country... Your from Luton and it's a million miles away from Exeter, Plymouth or Barnstaple... has Devon changed considerably , yes absolutely, is it all for the good...no way... Exeter is nothing like the town it was 25 years ago, and the outskirts are growing rapidly housing thousands of people from other areas, all different race, colour and religions but the crux is the town and infrastructure can't cope, I've said before the first town in Devon built since the middle ages (Cranbrook), to house people from other councils over spill... but I've worked and lived in many parts of the country and there is no comparison to the multi cultrulism of many of these... my uncle moved from Devon to Surrey nearly 40 years ago, his area is slowly changed where many of his neighbours are Asian, the full row of shops opposite his house are now Asian owned... his views have changed dramatically and I think he may move back... because quite simply at the moment Devon is still less affected by the huge swathes of immigrants settling here, we do not have whole areas/towns where it is Asian only, we don't have large black only communities.... of course we have eastern Europeans working in many manual jobs but I think there are only 2 polish shops in Exeter which is the County capital!, the top end of town has had a mosque for 25 or more years, I think that is the only one?.... It's going to change, no doubt, but Devon and Cornwall just don't have the pull of the major towns and Cities around the country... we have no money and eat carrots all the time don't forget!! lol   

And all them extra fingers

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, tandors said:

I was in tiverton area last week fished the canal at halberton hoards on the tow path  one asian family passed me the rest white alot stopped to ask if i had caught anything

14 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Definitely what makes me laugh the pakis saying they won’t interact 

It does make you laugh when you hear the Pakistani community condemning them though it's the Pakistani slum landlords that's renting them there rundown properties encouraging them into the run down area's of South Yorkshire. 

• Like 1

Indians, Pakistanis and Africans are some of the most caste and racially discriminatory people in the world…..in New Cross, the Africans just walk into paki general stores and help themselves in front of the owner ! Lol

They know they are too shit scared to do anything about it.

I used to deal with a High Caste Indian bloke, they had lower caste Indians working for them and treated them like shit !

He sent one to give me a hand with something once and said “Go with that man, do as he tells you, don’t talk !”

That bloke never said a word all day, just hopped about like his life depended on it at every request I gave him…….it’s a pretty mad thing to witness.

Ask pakis what they think of Jews !! Lol 

Nigerians from one tribe won’t have anything to do with another tribe.

All sorts of things like that.

To me, that’s just normal to be fair.

6 hours ago, sandymere said:

It must be very difficult for you with your whole world fixated on race as this instance demonstrates, a discussion about jobs and kids but to you it’s a chance to get the race card out. It seems a total all-encompassing paranoia, whatever the subject all you see is race……………….

Kids hobbies, race?

200,000 died Covid, what race?

Tiny percentage of the population get to decide who is the next PM, What race?

Global warming, what race?

A child stabbed, what race?

You really need to look beyond your fixation on race to get a little balance in your life, I’m sure there is help there if you manage to get to the point of being able to admit you have a problem.

Alas I’m not able to help other than returning to my stance of avoiding feeding your paranoia by ignoring your repeated references to the subject.

Well how about you go an live amongst the immigrants an see how you get on,pretty ironic your welcoming them in nigel but don't live amongst them,typical govermeny officals attitude tbh.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

That tickled me that 

Next time I am there I will get a photograph, all the men wearing straw boater turbans and ye olde village bakers serving cream tea samosas ad chai ?

• Haha 1