What job.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree ? I doubt many will complain about a Fillipina nurse, an Indian doctor, a Japanese scientist or an Australian engineer coming here to do a job where they are needed. But the thousand

I wouldn't change anything. Really happy with where I am and what I've built. Wake up at 8am to coffee in bed, walk the lad to school, over the field with the dogs. Leave for work at 9.30....try and g

I am doing a job now that I never expected to do or planned for, but should have. Working as a carer for rapidly deteriorating very elderly parents with individual mental and physical problems. Luckil

Posted Images

21 hours ago, socks said:

If you could have been born somewhere else and maybe in a different era what would have been your perfect job. 
for me it would be 50 years ago and being a cowboy. I love riding love working outside love working with animals and I would have loved to have had a crack at rodeo. 

41C62E13-BD46-4D23-82BF-F5F599D8F18B.jpeg.743f4883709cd2f81f3e696c8c868fad.jpeg

• Haha 10

think if i had my time again , i should have stayed in the navy   both the rn , and merchant fleet , ,but i got married ,and that fkd that ,well i did a couple of trips on cable layers when i first got married  but it didnt go down to well especially with a kid on the way , anyway that was half a lifetime ago now  so just a memory now ,,,

• Like 4

I don't know about what job I would have liked....

but I wouldn't have minded going out partying with the rat pack back in the 50..s...60.s....dean martin Sammy Davis....etc...think that would have been a blast

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

If they'd have accepted meal tickets maybe.

Wife's cousin was in the CID about the same time with all the free drinks he got wile on duty at the time he looks shocking these days and has suffered with ill health he will be the same age as you. 

1 minute ago, tatsblisters said:

Wife's cousin was in the CID about the same time with all the free drinks he got wile on duty at the time he looks shocking these days and has suffered with ill health he will be the same age as you. 

I had no time for them and their 'confrences'.  You could never reach them on their radios and their mobiles were always turned off. One night we had a burglary at a shop and couldn't get any CID so I phoned the DCI at home at daft o'clock and asked him if he could nominate someone to come out as we couldn't contact the detective who wss supposed to be available. Ten minutes later the missing detective phoned in. He was in Wakefield on 'enquiries' and was heading back asap. He was shagging more like. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Looking back now I would have loved to have been in the Army in the Royal Vetinary Core like the old man served his national service in and was posted in the middle east with his dog that he was trained with at Melton Mowbray. 

Melton Mowbray - the Slumberland manager?

Given the choice, I'd go somewhere out of the way, nice and warm, a little house on stilts, some fertile land, a small waterfall, a dog to talk to and a fishing boat :yes:

And a smartphone with a solar panel charger so that I could post pictures of all of my fish suppers on THL :laugh:

• Like 2

Education is the only answer.

The more educated you are, the farther you'll go.

Yes, of course there is nepotism, yes of course there's "who you know" !

But if you are ignorant you'll get no where, and be used by people with more education.

Learning to read and write is the absolute basic, and, sadly, far too many don't even reach that standard.

Dont be part of the "poor me, everyone else is to blame" underclass......strive for better ?

Cheers.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

But if you are ignorant you'll get no where, and be used by people with more education.

Learning to read and write is the absolute basic, and, sadly, far too many don't even reach that standard.

Dont be part of the "poor me, everyone else is to blame" underclass......strive for better ?

Cheers.

????

15 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

I agree with what you are saying though I believe anyone who is prepared to do a day's graft wether they are thick as two short planks or a mensa candidate deserve respect to be known as a grafter years ago was a badge of honour now days I very rarely here it mentioned about some one. 

• Like 10
4 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I agree with what you are saying though I believe anyone who is prepared to do a day's graft wether they are thick as two short planks or a mensa candidate deserve respect to be known as a grafter years ago was a badge of honour now days I very rarely here it mentioned about some one. 

I’ve had over 30 young lads out with me cleaning windows or roofs in last nine years and the first one was the only one I could call a grafter now I’m only 10 years older then this group and back when I was there age you kept trap shut head down didn’t answer back when even most of the time it was undeserved and unwarranted and never ever would you complain to them or even your pals on a friday me and my close friends always wore that badge of a grafter with honour and all the shit you got during week when you walked into pub on a Saturday night you knew those blokes giving you it had respect for you because you didn’t put hand in pocket for first hour 

Genuinely when taking a young lad on now you should just be grateful if he’s there in the morning because it’s hard enough for them to do that 5 days a week 

• Like 10