What job.

16 hours ago, socks said:

If you could have been born somewhere else and maybe in a different era what would have been your perfect job. 
for me it would be 50 years ago and being a cowboy. I love riding love working outside love working with animals and I would have loved to have had a crack at rodeo. 

Pimp or armed robber in the 70s

• Haha 1

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree ? I doubt many will complain about a Fillipina nurse, an Indian doctor, a Japanese scientist or an Australian engineer coming here to do a job where they are needed. But the thousand

I wouldn't change anything. Really happy with where I am and what I've built. Wake up at 8am to coffee in bed, walk the lad to school, over the field with the dogs. Leave for work at 9.30....try and g

I am doing a job now that I never expected to do or planned for, but should have. Working as a carer for rapidly deteriorating very elderly parents with individual mental and physical problems. Luckil

Posted Images

16 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Think id go back to the 80's and work for the Metropolitan Police....Flying Squad preferably,money for ol rope the crooked c**ts were getting absolutely minted for doing f**k all other than turning a blind eye.

Beyond that i make Socks right id quite like to of lived in those old Wild West times and copped for a few of them stagecoach robberies....men living off their wits and suchlike.

The SERCS were the boys. Organised armed robberies and took their cut. Creamed off a share of all drugs they found and any money recovered. It's in a book called Bent Coppers written by a journalist. Only a fraction of them were prosecuted and even less convicted. 

The Flying Squad were amateurs compared to SERCS. 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, mackem said:

Your telling us you slipped the net and fled to France ??

Cheeky sod!

When I left the station for the last time, a day earlier than they anticipated as I had 8 hours on my time off card they had overlooked, I dumped my keys, pass cards, etc on the sergeant's desk and walked out never to return. My locker was empty. The car was parked outside with 'The Great Escape' primed to play on the CD. Not even my best mate knew I was checking out early.  

I tell people that I left the police in 2011, but the police had left me long before that. I wouldn't have wanted to have joined earlier though. All that corruption, drinking and rule breaking, Life on Mars stuff wasn't for me. 1987 to around 2003 was brilliant. Then it went seriously downhill.

I think the generation born from 1945 to 1960 have had the best of the world. I wouldn't have wanted to be born in any other period.

Edited by Nicepix
  • Like 3
20 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Cheeky sod!

When I left the station for the last time, a day earlier than they anticipated as I had 8 hours on my time off card they had overlooked, I dumped my keys, pass cards, etc on the sergeant's desk and walked out never to return. My locker was empty. The car was parked outside with 'The Great Escape' primed to play on the CD. Not even my best mate knew I was checking out early.  

I tell people that I left the police in 2011, but the police had left me long before that. I wouldn't have wanted to have joined earlier though. All that corruption, drinking and rule breaking, Life on Mars stuff wasn't for me. 1987 to around 2003 was brilliant. Then it went seriously downhill.

I think the generation born from 1945 to 1960 have had the best of the world. I wouldn't have wanted to be born in any other period.

Life on Mars actually looked brilliant, you could have been Gene Hunt 

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Ok well I’ll have one them ?

You got a decent life mate, a friend of mine made a house buying sum of cash last week, I called him a lucky c**t, he laughed and said everyone is someone's lucky c**t ?

5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I’m same as a few other folk who already posted mate, an doubt I’d change much mate, even if I didn’t have to work tomorrow, I’d most prob end up doing real similar stuff anyways, still young enough to have kids around aswell so pretty much got what iv worked towards an a decent balance between work an life, few nicer toys than ones I got would be nice tho haha ?

??

14 minutes ago, mackem said:

Life on Mars actually looked brilliant, you could have been Gene Hunt 

I worked with every one of those characters in my first few years. PACE eventually cleaned them out. But the drinking, arrogant culture lingered on for years.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Nicepix said:

I worked with every one of those characters in my first few years. PACE eventually cleaned them out. But the drinking, arrogant culture lingered on for years.

You should write a book, and a bit of retired-careers advice, you should have been a bit flexible with your interpretation of the job and made a few extra quid before you left for pastures new. 

20 minutes ago, mackem said:

you should have been a bit flexible with your interpretation of the job and made a few extra quid before you left for pastures new. 

Mackem, he’s out! Stop trying to get him in the books! :D

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
7 minutes ago, mackem said:

You should write a book, and a bit of retired-careers advice, you should have been a bit flexible with your interpretation of the job and made a few extra quid before you left for pastures new. 

I couldn't help anyone now. I'd just tell them to get a proper job. The job these days isn't anything like I know. I was fighting a rearguard action for the last few years. Refused to toe the party line and had asked the Chief some very embarassing questions on the force intranet regards his own dodgy business affairs. He alledgedly put a contract out on getting me sacked. The first one tasked to do it was too thick and lazy to find his own car keys, not that there was anything to find. The second one told me all about it. I'd taught him how to do the job properly when he was a probationer and he wanted no part in their dirty dealings. 

As for the corruption; I would have had none of it. Not my thing. I even insisted on paying in full for the meals bought from takeaways that were sometimes offered free. Nobody had any leverage on me.

I paid extra pension contributions and am happy to live on the small pension I get. End of next month I'll get my oap too  ?

• Like 6
15 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

I couldn't help anyone now. I'd just tell them to get a proper job. The job these days isn't anything like I know. I was fighting a rearguard action for the last few years. Refused to toe the party line and had asked the Chief some very embarassing questions on the force intranet regards his own dodgy business affairs. He alledgedly put a contract out on getting me sacked. The first one tasked to do it was too thick and lazy to find his own car keys, not that there was anything to find. The second one told me all about it. I'd taught him how to do the job properly when he was a probationer and he wanted no part in their dirty dealings. 

As for the corruption; I would have had none of it. Not my thing. I even insisted on paying in full for the meals bought from takeaways that were sometimes offered free. Nobody had any leverage on me.

I paid extra pension contributions and am happy to live on the small pension I get. End of next month I'll get my oap too  ?

We’re you based at ecclesfield?