It's a tough old game..

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still have a team of lurchers (cripples & pensioner's) just! I'm down to the 4 lurchers now,old Don is still here with me,he will be 14 on his next birthday,Boots will be 10 year's old come the

This is Bear..even after having a broken neck he's still capable of doing almost everything he could before his accident..it's just the smaller ground game he isn't as nimble at picking up as he was p

This is Rose & the break she suffered earlier this year..

Posted Images

This is Bear..even after having a broken neck he's still capable of doing almost everything he could before his accident..it's just the smaller ground game he isn't as nimble at picking up as he was prior to breaking his neck but he can still run ok,jumping etc is all good too ..he's a beautiful dog in all aspects,never seen a dog with such a lovely temperament as him,not a bit of aggression in the dog but in the field he'd take on a lion & the rest of the pride too all at the same time ? I know nigh on every lurcherman wouldn't own him as he is after such an injury & being honest back in my younger day's I don't think he'd be here today as I'd of had him put to sleep but as I've aged you could say I've got softer both with him & his sister Rose too after her serious injury snapping both her radius & ulna bones completely in half because being realistic she isn't going to be the animal she was but they are here,I'll do my best by them,they are part of the team & as I've mellowed with age giving up on a team member isn't an option & I know they wouldn't give up on me either & the pair of them will always give their best no matter what I put in front of them or how much work I put their way ?..I adore Bear & in my heart I believe he'd of been the best dog I've ever owned I really believe that,he started out in his working life like no other dog I've previously owned,honestly he was poetry in motion in all & everything he done,everything was done effortlessly,efficiently & in text book fashion but alas fate took both his ambitions & both our hopes away but I love everything about him,he's maybe a useless cripple to most but he's my boy & I'll never put him in a situation where he will be embarrassed at work,he'd die trying as his injuries prove..a big powerful,brute of a dog yet he's the ultimate gentleman..he's perfect in every way to me,disabled yes but far from finished..my big Bear ❤️

2021-03-03-51.jpg

• Like 14
27 minutes ago, FUJI said:

This is Bear..even after having a broken neck he's still capable of doing almost everything he could before his accident..it's just the smaller ground game he isn't as nimble at picking up as he was prior to breaking his neck but he can still run ok,jumping etc is all good too ..he's a beautiful dog in all aspects,never seen a dog with such a lovely temperament as him,not a bit of aggression in the dog but in the field he'd take on a lion & the rest of the pride too all at the same time ? I know nigh on every lurcherman wouldn't own him as he is after such an injury & being honest back in my younger day's I don't think he'd be here today as I'd of had him put to sleep but as I've aged you could say I've got softer both with him & his sister Rose too after her serious injury snapping both her radius & ulna bones completely in half because being realistic she isn't going to be the animal she was but they are here,I'll do my best by them,they are part of the team & as I've mellowed with age giving up on a team member isn't an option & I know they wouldn't give up on me either & the pair of them will always give their best no matter what I put in front of them or how much work I put their way ?..I adore Bear & in my heart I believe he'd of been the best dog I've ever owned I really believe that,he started out in his working life like no other dog I've previously owned,honestly he was poetry in motion in all & everything he done,everything was done effortlessly,efficiently & in text book fashion but alas fate took both his ambitions & both our hopes away but I love everything about him,he's maybe a useless cripple to most but he's my boy & I'll never put him in a situation where he will be embarrassed at work,he'd die trying as his injuries prove..a big powerful,brute of a dog yet he's the ultimate gentleman..he's perfect in every way to me,disabled yes but far from finished..my big Bear ❤️

2021-03-03-51.jpg

I think, no, I know, I've judged you a tad wrongly in the past.

Good luck to you and yours in the future.  ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

you must be running some rough old ground fuji 

I do run rough ground in the main mate but unbelievably both dog's suffered their breaks on ground far from rough,you couldn't make it up because some of the ground I work them on is bordering on suicidal then when you think it'll be a relatively easy & a safe day's hunting the worst case scenarios happen..you just never know the minute mate,a guy told me over 40 year's ago that every slip you give the dog can be it's last & he ain't wrong I do know that much ?

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, FUJI said:

I do run rough ground in the main mate but unbelievably both dog's suffered their breaks on ground far from rough,you couldn't make it up because some of the ground I work them on is bordering on suicidal then when you think it'll be a relatively easy & a safe day's hunting the worst case scenarios happen..you just never know the minute mate,a guy told me over 40 year's ago that every slip you give the dog can be it's last & he ain't wrong I do know that much ?

wise words mate i’ve had a few come a cropper myself it can happen any time ?

14 hours ago, FUJI said:

I learned that 1 along time ago wer the 5th lads wer the fifth ?