What harm is he doing?

I hate stories like this - this old boy has been living on a 3 acre farm that he's owned for 30yrs and now, just because some nasty little council worker can, they're enforcing the rules and turning his life upside down.

How difficult would it be to just backdate his permission and leave him in peace?

There some proper nasty little arseholes out there in official roles - no wonder they're so hated.

METRO.CO.UK

Newport City Council has ordered former tip worker Stephen Gibbons to move out of his home at an old...

• Like 2

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No one's talking about shanty towns or having the countryside broken up and given to inner-city wretches.  .......... it's a conversation about folk that do have a bit of land, maybe just a small

I'm not advocating a total free for all - the story is about someone that's chosen to live their way on a small area of the land that they own.   How can it be right to pick on him now? It's

A true story. My mate had a stable and paddock on a country lane, the only other building was next door, a very nice, old, stone built cottage owned by an eminent surgeon. My mate applied fo

I thought there was some law were if you live there for so many years you got back dated planing,

Was a lad I knew built a stable he never even had a horse and a light was on even night for five years or so, he told planing he's living there all that time.

Then got planing to change it to a bungalow.

Mind planning is shady as f**k around here.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

I hate stories like this - this old boy has been living on a 3 acre farm that he's owned for 30yrs and now, just because some nasty little council worker can, they're enforcing the rules and turning his life upside down.

How difficult would it be to just backdate his permission and leave him in peace?

There some proper nasty little arseholes out there in official roles - no wonder they're so hated.

METRO.CO.UK

Newport City Council has ordered former tip worker Stephen Gibbons to move out of his home at an old...

funny one this Jon...the person who actually lives there is not the dude in the story .... apparently??? 

38 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

funny one this Jon...the person who actually lives there is not the dude in the story .... apparently??? 

Ah ok mate - I just took it at face value :thumbs:

Still, I can't see the issue with someone building something to live in on their own land - these regulations and control just smell of power hungry bureaucrats to me.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Arry said:

I thought there was some law were if you live there for so many years you got back dated planing,

Was a lad I knew built a stable he never even had a horse and a light was on even night for five years or so, he told planing he's living there all that time.

Then got planing to change it to a bungalow.

Mind planning is shady as f**k around here.

Cheers Arry

I don't know mate - I'm sure there's a law that you can claim a piece of land if you've been on it or using it for so many years unchallenged?

39 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Imagine a world without rules and regulations we would be in a right mess.

Hes been caught out so must suffer the consequences ,should think himself lucky hes had 30 years .

Living in a container ffs 

I'm not advocating a total free for all - the story is about someone that's chosen to live their way on a small area of the land that they own.

How can it be right to pick on him now? It's his land.

• Like 7

Around here there are little shanty towns of Crusty's up green lanes. Caravans in lay-bys with fenced off areas with some chickens etc in the lanes, Laybys on the main roads fenced off caravans, yurts. Caravan in the woods, Tents hidden away. It's No Soaper central and no f**k does anything.

A mate has a small Orchard that used to be a small caravan park has a work shop keeps couple of pig and poultry applied to put up a Bungalow and got turned down. Few days later was contacted by several different builder trying to buy it off him saying they can get planning. It's who you know around here and back handers and funny hand shakes.

Planning is corrupted here.

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, Arry said:

Around here there are little shanty towns of Crusty's up green lanes. Caravans in lay-bys with fenced off areas with some chickens etc in the lanes, Laybys on the main roads fenced off caravans, yurts. Caravan in the woods, Tents hidden away. It's No Soaper central and no f**k does anything.

A mate has a small Orchard that used to be a small caravan park has a work shop keeps couple of pig and poultry applied to put up a Bungalow and got turned down. Few days later was contacted by several different builder trying to buy it off him saying they can get planning. It's who you know around here and back handers and funny hand shakes.

Planning is corrupted here.

Cheers Arry

A true story.

My mate had a stable and paddock on a country lane, the only other building was next door, a very nice, old, stone built cottage owned by an eminent surgeon.

My mate applied for planning permission to build a cottage on the paddock that would be completely in keeping with the other cottage.

He was told the land was green belt and a wild life corridor and planning was objected to by the surgeon and was therefore refused.

Some time later my mate had an offer to buy his land, by a developer, that was simply to good to refuse, so he sold.

Almost immediately building started on the plot, planning permission had suddenly been granted, and it later came out that the surgeon owned the development company, and he built a big house for his daughter and family !

Its not what you know.....it's who you know.

Cheers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1