Got the hog rig back

6 hours ago, ianm said:

Are you saying you think Ben is "a bit light on the loafers".?

It’s 2022 , and I think we should accept Ben , however he wants to identify himself . If he wants to parade around the fields with pink hunting accessories, then that’s up to him . ?

• Haha 4

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Near about laid out my entire hog hunting rig between a few buddies over the last year but lately I've had people on my back left and right about shooting hog on their property so finally got all my s

It’s 2022 , and I think we should accept Ben , however he wants to identify himself . If he wants to parade around the fields with pink hunting accessories, then that’s up to him . ?

Okie dokie so Main rig set up.  The rifle is a standard AR-15 noting really fancy. The lower is a FMK polymer lower. Have had it for 8 years now and it's been holding up just fine. I did hav

Posted Images

1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

Black - boring

Green - everything I buy is green

Orange - I support Celtic ?

So pink it is! My daughter likes it at least! ??

16 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

Black - boring

Green - everything I buy is green

Orange - I support Celtic ?

So pink it is! My daughter likes it at least! ??

I applaud you Ben . You are obviously someone who is comfortable in your sexuality, and cares not one jot what I or anyone else thinks . 
           The rest of us are just a bunch of “ Tackleberrys “. 

421ADE03-3F02-46DE-BC61-A465055CB8CD.jpeg

• Haha 2
On 31/08/2022 at 09:37, foxdropper said:

Post vids as and when Wolfie .Look forward to it .

Working on editing one right now.

Screenshot_20220902-061127-468.png.8696bcbf4ec6a9ce5bef43181a8245aa.png

Problem is buddy last the charger for my IR lights battery so gotta order a new one so I can get some night footage ?

• Like 3
On 31/08/2022 at 08:18, FOXHUNTER said:

Cracking set up Wolfie ..

Please enlighten us calibre etc..

Okie dokie so

Main rig set up. 

The rifle is a standard AR-15 noting really fancy. The lower is a FMK polymer lower. Have had it for 8 years now and it's been holding up just fine. I did have a spring kit in it to drop the trigger weight down from a mil spec 5.12lbs to 3.2lbs but due to the lighter hammer spring it would soft punch and not ignite the primers in this steel cased Russian ammo. So had to put the old one back in which isn't great for accuracy.  Stander pistol grip I for got the stock but it's and after market.

The upper is a Bear Creek Arsenal 18" rifle profile flat top cambered in 7.62x39. not sure heavy not super light.  x39 is the AK-47 sks a d a few other rifles cartridge. Used to LOVE. It because of just how damn cheap it was to shoot. Used to be able to got to Walmart, the hardware store heck anywhere that sold anything gun related and get 40rd of wolf or Tula steel cased HP or SP 123gr for like $10 . Problem is ever since all the crap with Russia we can get it anymore and the brass cases hunting stuff is just crazy. Reloading is an option but that has its own problem. Honestly looking at replacing it with a .300blk since I can form my own brass from .223/5.56 which I jaut put up at the range all the time.

Anyway the gun its self is a real "and poverty pony" think I paid $160 for the complete lower when if first got it and the upper was $200 something. It's a 2MOA gun all day not sexy and as much as I love putting bullets in the same holes,really it's good for what I need to for.

Anyhow love the caliber because it's a thumper. .30 cal bullets really drops them DRT ( Dead Right There). Especially with a good CNS shot. But not half the recoil of a .308. Drops like a shot duck after 200yd but honestly I rarely take a shot with this rig over 150yd

Now why a AR15 ? 

1. Versatile. If I want a .223 I just pop two pins take Off my current upper slap on tmy .223 super pop the pins back and boom different caliber in legit 30sec no tools.

2. Modular . Super easy to mount whatever I want whereever I want on the rifle with either pic rails ,keymod , or M-lok rail systems . Also it's   easy to set it up for someone else like muu brother or GF . Six position stock makes length of pull a breeze. 

3. Semi Auto. Point blank I need a semi. Especially when Im tryin to kill as many out of a sounder as possible no time for messing with a bolt action. Especially when they start running. It's not fair in some aspects yes. But I'm not trying to be fair. It's control . Farmers and land owners don't want fair.

4. Mags. If I want I can run legit up to a 30rd mag. Personally I don't need that many but I know guys whe wholl get on a sounder and empty two 30's no because their just sending rounds out wildly like Rambo, there just that many hogs and you might need two or three on a running one. 

Scope is a old ATN Xsite II  beefy gal but love it because it's tough and since this model came out like 10 years ago and has since been discontinued their dirt cheap. Have seen them being sold for as little as $200 used. Picked up mine for $400 as a kit almost brand new. Now I will say though it's not the best thing for precision shots. Shooting game ? Perfectly fine ,but not I'd do load development ore serious target shooting with. But yeah I have dropped kicked and even ran over this scope and it just keeps on keeping on so can't complain. I know guys with the new 4K pros have problems breaking them easily.

My IR is a coyote reaper XXL not much to say about it. Lights up the night like a foot ball stadium. Has adjustable brightness and can go from a spot to a flood effect by just twisting the casing or a small knob on the end. It can be hooked up to wired palm switch but I really don't like that.

Tripod is a BOG Death grip ( yes we like naming things I know some think it's childish but ? merica it's what we do). Other then weight I lover it. Can extend taller then me (5'1") each let has a rubber foot that can be scared in to expose a steel spike for shooting in dirt or in concrete depending. The ball head isn't a 360 like what some guys run. Can tilt foward backwards and pivot 360 but it cannot can't. No real big deal really.for what I do. 

Also each leg can individually lock in either a 20, 45 or 80 ,I think , degree angles. With this I can go from have it flat on the ground for prone shooting to standing and everything in between.

Whole rig rig weight probably 25lbs but it's honestly not that bad.

Edited by Wolfdog91
  • Like 3
On 31/08/2022 at 16:26, shovel leaner said:

What kind of accuracy are you getting from the tripod wolfie ?  I’m thinking about buying one . But I just can’t see how one point of support can be that steady . 
             Could you put a bullet in an 2” target at 150 meters ? Do us an honest non bias test . Walk around so that you are slightly out of breath . Then , quickly set up for a shot and put one shot on target. I have  some homemade quad sticks but they have limitations tracking a moving fox . 

That's honestly more of a thing of the shooter. I know PRS competition shooter shooting sub MOA targets out to 600yd on tripods. But thos guys are running half pound triggers and shoot hundreds of rounds in practice. balprec19-shooting-tripod-kneeling.jpg.1e9308c1fc6f83f11432c3b19cf2a675.jpg

Me , I can keep on a 4" plate out to 200yd and that all I really need honestly 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

That's honestly more of a thing of the shooter. I know PRS competition shooter shooting sub MOA targets out to 600yd on tripods. But thos guys are running half pound triggers and shoot hundreds of rounds in practice. balprec19-shooting-tripod-kneeling.jpg.1e9308c1fc6f83f11432c3b19cf2a675.jpg

Me , I can keep on a 4" plate out to 200yd and that all I really need honestly 

4” at 200yard would bag anything I’m after, rarely need to shoot further… but fcuk lugging 25lb round the fields?

Just now, si brown said:

4” at 200yard would bag anything I’m after, rarely need to shoot further… but fcuk lugging 25lb round the fields?

Ah it's really not that bad lol. All how you carry it. And honestly its promote like 15lbs. Anyway rifle slung over the shoulder and tripod over the other . Easy peasy. 

Just now, Wolfdog91 said:

Ah it's really not that bad lol. All how you carry it. And honestly its promote like 15lbs. Anyway rifle slung over the shoulder and tripod over the other . Easy peasy. 

Different world over this way Wolfe.. light and traditional for deer stalking, anything in a plastic stock for raking about on a night. 

that said there’s a lad a few miles from me who owns a .50 cal for target ranges. 

29 minutes ago, si brown said:

Different world over this way Wolfe.. light and traditional for deer stalking, anything in a plastic stock for raking about on a night. 

that said there’s a lad a few miles from me who owns a .50 cal for target ranges. 

Well this tripod is pretty specific using this rig. If I was doing some like waht your talking about them yeah definitely a different deal.