Rabbit shooting thread

Popped over the moors to one of my rabbitting permissions yesterday that I havent been to this year to assess the rabbit population. 

After a cuppa with the old boy I set off for a wander in search of my quarry.

Not the numbers there usually is but still saw a few.

After it getting dark another cuppa was in order with his 2 farmer mates and I then set off with the lamp.

By now the wind had dropped off and it was desperately still so never saw a great deal but  still an enjoyable trip ?

20220830_161626.jpg

20220830_163244.jpg

20220830_185609.jpg

• Like 6

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Numbers been shaping here too lately  Had a evening out with few of the lads last Friday .Did ok 

Popped over the moors to one of my rabbitting permissions yesterday that I havent been to this year to assess the rabbit population.  After a cuppa with the old boy I set off for a wander in sear

Posted Images

1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

You never saw many? Or are these old pictures?

Pictures are from yesterday, I never saw as many as I usually would. I appreciate I still shot a few but normally would see a lot more.

I think numbers are down on previous years.

1 hour ago, Dervburner said:

Yerr, not many there Mark. Waste of time going out…….?

Not a waste of time at all in fact I really enjoyed it just meant not the usual numbers about.

One of the other farmers said myxy has reared its ugly head on his farm so not expecting to get the usual numbers there either. 

Cant shoot his place until the cattle are indoors so time will tell what his place produces.

20220830_183004.jpg

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Not a waste of time at all in fact I really enjoyed it just meant not the usual numbers about.

One of the other farmers said myxy has reared its ugly head on his farm so not expecting to get the usual numbers there either. 

Cant shoot his place until the cattle are indoors so time will tell what his place produces.

20220830_183004.jpg

I was joking Mark, good result fella, well worth it ??

Not big numbers but this was the first time I had the pleasure of standing on the front of a combine, I can’t think of any shotgun shooting I enjoyed  more than this, I missed loads more than I hit but drive by rabbits is really good fun

00C61FAB-70B7-47F7-A7A5-52820390E251.jpeg

• Like 6