What has gone wrong it never used to be like this ?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sad to see IMO it's not just festivals now it's beauty spots on the Moors the Lake District the Beaches. Even just mooching on the coast yesterday dog shit in bags every so often hanging on a gorse tw

we always offer the children's suncream, inflatable toys / any  spare firewood etc to any new arrivals with young kids when we go away abroad or even over here in the motorhome...watched my parents do

I can remember a mate giving a home to a left sleeping bag (£200 worth apparently). When he got home, he hung it on the line to air it, It was then that he found out someone had shat in it ?

Posted Images

14 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

I live not far from the Witcombe festival ( used to be the Witcombe cider festival) and  the noise and people walking past and litter and pissing in your hedge , does my nut . But my kids love it . We get free tickets and you put up with it . It’s something for the young people to go to , and the organisers send out litter pickers to clear up . 

As pissed as a mattress

On 31/08/2022 at 07:07, Arry said:

Sad to see IMO it's not just festivals now it's beauty spots on the Moors the Lake District the Beaches. Even just mooching on the coast yesterday dog shit in bags every so often hanging on a gorse twig or thrown underneath a bush. Plastic bottles down rabbit holes or red bull/cider cans stuffed in a dry stone wall. All degrading back acting like cattle threading in their own bedding and walking in their own fodder, people turning into animals. No respect for the country side and what we have it's just them and the world revolves around them and some body else can clear their shit up like we do for cattle.

Cheers Arry

On holiday in devon arry just been for some milk lovely countryside thatched cottages and costa cups mcdonald boxes scattered in the lanes why they cant put em in footwell till they get home ffs

• Like 4
On 31/08/2022 at 10:21, jigsaw said:

On a side note,I'm contemplating buying a tent and there's a few hundred abandoned ffs....lol..filthy carry on all the same

Tents always get left behind at fests,used to earn good money at  Glastonbury picking all the abandoned tents and contents up and flogging it  on ,don't think I ever left Glastonbury with less money than I went with ,Michael pays folk to litter pick the fest as well .they try hard to keep it tidy but it's hard when you got 2/3 hundred thousand people attending. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, fireman said:

Yes mate and have you seen the pics of the fields afterwards?, spotless is was totally spotless...

I been to horse drawn fest couple times and it's a great party with some sound folk ,most who set it up have been on the road since 80s /,90s ,

I think this is the only group who live in wagons all year in UK, they even got a horse drawn stage .long may it last .

I keep saying to the misses let's go back on the road ,buy a wagon,or horse box and go France and see where we end up 

• Like 1
On 01/09/2022 at 12:37, Moocher71 said:

I been to horse drawn fest couple times and it's a great party with some sound folk ,most who set it up have been on the road since 80s /,90s ,

I think this is the only group who live in wagons all year in UK, they even got a horse drawn stage .long may it last .

I keep saying to the misses let's go back on the road ,buy a wagon,or horse box and go France and see where we end up 

Once my kids are secure as adults them i'm done with the bollocks of "normal" life, thought it was shit when i was younger and didn't know any better, now i know better it's as shit as i thought it would be..

Yeah Sangers stage and used to travel with a few of them old heads myself, wonderful folk indeed. Buy a horsebox and go for it,life soon passes us by and you have to sometimes just do something to make something different happen and my misses and lads are all  well looking forward to getting out in our lorry.I'm in the middle of putting a new floor in the box and getting all the underneath painted and looking smart whilst it's easy to get to,in for a penny type thing and do it now and it's done for my life time...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To be fair after the firework display at Locke Park in Barnsley back in the 1960's the place was a shit tip. And a friend of ours used to collect litter at the Great Yorkshire Show and he said it was unbelievable what they threw away.

2 hours ago, fireman said:

Once my kids are secure as adults them i'm done with the bollocks of "normal" life, thought it was shit when i was younger and didn't know any better, now i know better it's as shit as i thought it would be..

Yeah Sangers stage and used to travel with a few of them old heads myself, wonderful folk indeed. Buy a horsebox and go for it,life soon passes us by and you have to sometimes just do something to make something different happen and my misses and lads are all  well looking forward to getting out in our lorry.I'm in the middle of putting a new floor in the box and getting all the underneath painted and looking smart whilst it's easy to get to,in for a penny type thing and do it now and it's done for my life time...

Good on ya ,I'm sure your family will have a great time . 

• Thanks 1
On 31/08/2022 at 17:16, Aled said:

At the end of all inclusive holidays in Spain, there is a pile of stuff usually left at a point near the pool, this included, stuff like armbands, books, sliders, fishing nets etc. People are encouraged to re-use them....i saw a Spanish security guard get into his Peugeot 205....it was full to the brim of leftover stuff. At least it was be re-used! 

Cheers Aled

The Spanish youngsters are as bad if not worse than the kids at home , even the Spanish adults think nothing of dropping paper bottles etc , it’s a bit like the uk in the fifties and sixties ..

C224328F-0FD8-4C0F-9627-A717F4D3CED5.jpeg.f94b63d53888a410cb4081778d22a417.jpeg

This car park is opposite a night club , the four nights a week it’s open this is what they leave ..at the end of the car park just out of view are four huge bins ..July and August sees it twice as bad ..the council come round at first light and clear up ..it’s mental how they let them get away with it ..

• Sad 2
2 hours ago, sussex said:

The Spanish youngsters are as bad if not worse than the kids at home , even the Spanish adults think nothing of dropping paper bottles etc , it’s a bit like the uk in the fifties and sixties ..

C224328F-0FD8-4C0F-9627-A717F4D3CED5.jpeg.f94b63d53888a410cb4081778d22a417.jpeg

This car park is opposite a night club , the four nights a week it’s open this is what they leave ..at the end of the car park just out of view are four huge bins ..July and August sees it twice as bad ..the council come round at first light and clear up ..it’s mental how they let them get away with it ..

We've noticed that in Spain and also in Cyprus especially where they have been fishing.

About 7 years ago I went off in our camping-car on a fishing break while the wife was in the UK. I parked up on a track alongside the river about 400 metres from the main road where there was a canoe hire place and picnic tables. After fishing, when it got dark I took the spaniel for a walk towards the road and into the town. As I got to the canoe hire place I heard young voices and the sound of breaking glass. Just like used to happen on the sports field back home. Except these kids were disposing of their empty beer bottles in a bottle bank not thowing them against a wall. Others were folding the cartons and posting in the recycling skip. When I got back there was no sign a party had occurred there. 

Different world rural France. 

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

We've noticed that in Spain and also in Cyprus especially where they have been fishing.

About 7 years ago I went off in our camping-car on a fishing break while the wife was in the UK. I parked up on a track alongside the river about 400 metres from the main road where there was a canoe hire place and picnic tables. After fishing, when it got dark I took the spaniel for a walk towards the road and into the town. As I got to the canoe hire place I heard young voices and the sound of breaking glass. Just like used to happen on the sports field back home. Except these kids were disposing of their empty beer bottles in a bottle bank not thowing them against a wall. Others were folding the cartons and posting in the recycling skip. When I got back there was no sign a party had occurred there. 

Different world rural France. 

We fish quite a lot on the Jucar river near Cullera , you wouldn’t believe the amount of rubbish Spanish anglers leave behind , I bet every single time we go we collect a black sack full and it hardly makes a dent in it ..they have this someone else will clear it up attitude ..the English lads that fish to a man take their rubbish home ..

• Like 1