The Unintended Keeper ( Diary of a keeping blagger )

18 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Not shooting any foxes at moment as I’d rather they were about in the autumn .Hate killing milky vixens tbh

I only shoot them where they are a problem this time of year, mainly at the sheep farm, I like summer evenings, July/August when the crops have just come off 

7 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Not shooting any foxes at moment as I’d rather they were about in the autumn .Hate killing milky vixens tbh

There’s load’s around here, I don’t mind an hour on the roost, I had a lad ring me yesterday asking if I would go up to some of his fields, I said I couldn’t think of anything worse and to buy himself a banger, I used to pass all my pigeon shooting on but just tell them no now because of too many people messing me about 

• Like 1

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well that’s it for another season  last Saturday was game shooting at its best, lovely clear day, freezing cold and just syndicate members shooting ( and my mate Mosh, but he’s with me, so that’s

Well thank you SL. I have just completed my suspension and read the above posts.  Going forward I will not make any more negative comments and hopefully get this section back to the way it u

So. I’ve decided to start a new thread for the 22/23 season up at the shoot now as you know I’ve been involved with my shoot for a long time ( 15 years or so ) my intention when I joined was to s

Posted Images

1 minute ago, foxdropper said:

When it’s good you got a job to beat pigeon shooting Stav .Driven birds are ok but very much the same old on a peg .

Any shotgun shooting bores me after an hour, my mate Mosh absolutely loves it all, I’ve been in a pigeon hide with him where they have been coming in from every direction and after a couple of hours I’ve put my headphones in and had a little sleep while he carries on 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Any shotgun shooting bores me after an hour, my mate Mosh absolutely loves it all, I’ve been in a pigeon hide with him where they have been coming in from every direction and after a couple of hours I’ve put my headphones in and had a little sleep while he carries on 

Id stay til dark myself mate .I love  pigeon shooting .I’d of nicked your carts if you fell asleep next to me and double gunned with yours .

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Id stay til dark myself mate .I love  pigeon shooting .I’d of nicked your carts if you fell asleep next to me and double gunned with yours .

There’d be no need, I’d of given them to you if you asked nicely 

I get invited all over shotgun shooting and I very rarely go, even when I get invited game shooting I’ll normally turn it down but offer to go beating for them, I’ve been invited down to Lincolnshire quite a few times where they shoot 400/500 in a day and I always say no, yet I’ll travel all the way down there to shoot a fox ( lol ) I do really enjoy an hour on the roost or around the farm yard on the blacks, but the rest does nothing for me, it’s odd because I can sit out for hours with a rifle and not get bored 

• Like 1

Dont know what you are missing Stav , fantastic and often frantic when they are committed. 

I have often shot a 12 hour shift .

Rather shoot 100 blacks these days than 1 fox ...shoot  1 fox and it's just the same as another but decoying birds is totally different. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I have often shot a 12 hour shift

I’d of got at least 8 hours sleep there ( lol )

I used to be out twice a week with the shotgun over about 15 years, now I’ve been out 5 of the last 6 days and have never once thought I’d get a shotgun out, I’m out tonight and tomorrow I’m out on the moor bashing rabbits and I’m looking forward to that 

48 minutes ago, Stavross said:

There’d be no need, I’d of given them to you if you asked nicely 

I get invited all over shotgun shooting and I very rarely go, even when I get invited game shooting I’ll normally turn it down but offer to go beating for them, I’ve been invited down to Lincolnshire quite a few times where they shoot 400/500 in a day and I always say no, yet I’ll travel all the way down there to shoot a fox ( lol ) I do really enjoy an hour on the roost or around the farm yard on the blacks, but the rest does nothing for me, it’s odd because I can sit out for hours with a rifle and not get bored 

It sounds like moose hunting sitting for hours with a rifle, hearing some birds sometimes a barking dog, a lot of time to drink coffee.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

Electronic is, mouth caller (primos etc) is fine 

Cheers, I wasn’t sure, I used to just hand call them, sounds another daft rule that you can use a month call but not electric, the outcome is still the same 

anyway I’m off out, have a good evening chaps 

Edited by Stavross