The Unintended Keeper ( Diary of a keeping blagger )

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well that’s it for another season  last Saturday was game shooting at its best, lovely clear day, freezing cold and just syndicate members shooting ( and my mate Mosh, but he’s with me, so that’s

Well thank you SL. I have just completed my suspension and read the above posts.  Going forward I will not make any more negative comments and hopefully get this section back to the way it u

So. I’ve decided to start a new thread for the 22/23 season up at the shoot now as you know I’ve been involved with my shoot for a long time ( 15 years or so ) my intention when I joined was to s

Posted Images

4 hours ago, ianm said:

Have a look at the pard DS 70, half the weight of the Alpert and a very good scope. The onboard illuminater isn’t bad either and it has a led

I’ve been a bit put off them from a couple of people, a lad I know works for a company where he gets to review loads of NV and thermal from all the major manufacturers and he got one to test and slated it, so much so they wouldn’t print his review and someone else I know bought one and had nothing but bother with it, they wanted him to send it to them for repair but couldn’t tell him when he would get it back, in the end where he got it from gave him a refund and he bought a C50 that he’s had no problem with, but when you read the reviews on them people seem to love them 

6 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I’ve been a bit put off them from a couple of people, a lad I know works for a company where he gets to review loads of NV and thermal from all the major manufacturers and he got one to test and slated it, so much so they wouldn’t print his review and someone else I know bought one and had nothing but bother with it, they wanted him to send it to them for repair but couldn’t tell him when he would get it back, in the end where he got it from gave him a refund and he bought a C50 that he’s had no problem with, but when you read the reviews on them people seem to love them 

C50 still beats them all for image quality and build. 

Mates got one on hmr. Lrf works a treat tried it against other rf and spot on. Picture quality in nv was really great. My only downside is field of view very narrow. A bit of struggle spotting that's all

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

C50 still beats them all for image quality and build. 

I found the day image on the alpex was slightly better than the C50 and I couldn’t see any difference at night, what I also like about the alpex is the dusk mode is automatic where as you have to switch between them on the C50, saying that I’ve used them both and I wouldn’t have a problem owning either of them

14 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

I  have told him

Needs to try one

Thing is you can buy a s/h Drone for the price of these new offerings and they are the best n/v scope ever made or ever will be.

10 hours ago, David.evans said:

Can you still get parts for them tho Ian ?

atb 

There is a chap called Kev Gundry that can fix them but to be honest there is very little in them to go wrong.

Out and zeroed the .223 and .243 today after clearing and swapping the scopes, the.243 was just 4 clicks up which I had expected as I marked everything before I removed it, the NV was an absolute mile out but it’s 1 shot zero works a treat, with a bit of luck I won’t miss now because I went to the gun shop on the way home, got 20 for the .243 and 40 for the.223 and got very little change from 90 quid 

2533D5CC-C69D-4A3F-B01B-971D0A21D9F8.jpeg

• Sad 1