The Unintended Keeper ( Diary of a keeping blagger )

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well that’s it for another season  last Saturday was game shooting at its best, lovely clear day, freezing cold and just syndicate members shooting ( and my mate Mosh, but he’s with me, so that’s

Well thank you SL. I have just completed my suspension and read the above posts.  Going forward I will not make any more negative comments and hopefully get this section back to the way it u

So. I’ve decided to start a new thread for the 22/23 season up at the shoot now as you know I’ve been involved with my shoot for a long time ( 15 years or so ) my intention when I joined was to s

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Stavross said:

No, they are all split on the soles and and the skin is coming off, just with all the crap weather I’ve been working in for the past 2 weeks, but I’ll soldier on ?

Good job you haven’t got to yomp 30mile with 80k on your back then 

fucin pussy ?

great write up stav , and all your hard work defo paid off , rest up a while now mate and get better ?

atb 

• Haha 2

Well my feet are absolutely fu*ked and I’m really struggling to walk, I haven’t been out since the last day of the shoot and I was starting to go a bit mad, so as my attention needs to be focused on Mosh’s ewe’s this time of year I decided to go there on Friday night as it wouldn’t involve any walking, I decided to go to the reservoir field because I can park my car on the side of the road and just hop the fence, I must of been there a good hour and half before I seen anything, that turned out to be a humbug, I thought I’d give it another hour as although I couldn’t go looking for them it was a nice calm evening and it was just nice to be out, 15 minutes or so late, with the caller on rabbit death cry I seen the unmistakable heat of a fox running towards the caller that was only 20 meters or so to my left, it stopped looked towards me, turned tail and ran, as it got to the hedge I gave it a little shout and it stopped and turned side on, down it went. At about 110 yards, I gave it another 20 minutes and did see another crossing the field the other side of the road towards the farm, my plan was to go back tonight but my feet are hurting to much, I rang the farm owner, told him where it was and would he pick it up in the morning as there was no way I could walk over to get it. He rang me yesterday to say he’d been and moved it and something had been chewing on it, I asked him what it was and he said “ it’s a fu*king fox, you shot it” I meant dog or vixen I said, to which he replied “ I don’t know, it’s a dead fox, what you doing looking at its bits” I suppose he’s got a point, anyway, that’s my first one this year and with a bit of luck if I can fix my feet I’ll have a few more before spring ?

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 6
2 hours ago, Stavross said:

93A0DC28-23BF-4168-8F62-95DE0BE5C4D1.jpeg

What's that green stuff? Has that come off your feet?.

What's wrong with them? You mentioned cracked didn't you?

Have you been putting vasaline on them mate? Unless infected you gotta soften the hard skin.

A water soak will only be temporary, possibly wash more material oils away!

37 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Have you been putting vasaline on them mate? Unless infected you gotta soften the hard skin.

That's just the colour of their drinking water up there mate! You seen Shrek.....??

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Haha 2
38 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

I can’t remember what it’s called, it’s to soften the skin, then I’ve got a whole host of moisturiser and steroid cream, they are getting a bit better, moisturiser, Vaseline and 2 pair of socks before putting my work boots on helps, what would help more is a week off 

I sit in my chair surrounded by half the chemist, it’s my own fault, I didn’t do anything about it until it hurt to walk ☹️

4F5795BD-9502-4000-9817-4673CE8910A8.jpeg

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I can’t remember what it’s called, it’s to soften the skin, then I’ve got a whole host of moisturiser and steroid cream, they are getting a bit better, moisturiser, Vaseline and 2 pair of socks before putting my work boots on helps, what would help more is a week off 

I sit in my chair surrounded by half the chemist, it’s my own fault, I didn’t do anything about it until it hurt to walk ☹️

4F5795BD-9502-4000-9817-4673CE8910A8.jpeg

Isn't one of them haemorrhoid cream ? 

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Take the week off , need to look after your feet .

Bloody awful being stuck indoors .

The job I’m on at the minute needs to be finished before the next lads can come in, hopefully another week or so and I’ll get a few days off