The Unintended Keeper ( Diary of a keeping blagger )

1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

You wear your hat , and I will wear mine ?

F042017C-0B5A-4F92-95D1-611686A07860.jpeg

876FAD89-0D99-4B51-A689-1A76585D33FE.jpeg

Odd how bill gates is buying up every bit of spare farm land in America and at the same time has the biggest insect processing plant in the world. And the Belgium authorities compulsory buying 3000 farms but nothing to see here ………

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well that’s it for another season  last Saturday was game shooting at its best, lovely clear day, freezing cold and just syndicate members shooting ( and my mate Mosh, but he’s with me, so that’s

Well thank you SL. I have just completed my suspension and read the above posts.  Going forward I will not make any more negative comments and hopefully get this section back to the way it u

So. I’ve decided to start a new thread for the 22/23 season up at the shoot now as you know I’ve been involved with my shoot for a long time ( 15 years or so ) my intention when I joined was to s

Posted Images

On 30/11/2022 at 19:06, foxdropper said:

Should be ashamed of themselves …..

anyway back to reality and the bird flu thing is getting very real .

Two shoot near me have sent off a dozen or so pheasants picked up dead .Watery mouths and thin as hell .

First indications are it’s bird flu .They are expecting all shooting to cease by Xmas .Keeper on one place already shooting birds with .22 .

Hard to know what to do 

Only just coming to you? A lot been hit hard around here 

2 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

The threat was there mate but apparently it’s here now .I’ve not seen anything but rumours are flying about ??

Herd plenty of them aswell. Unfortunately some have lost everything and keepers have had there notices. ??

On 30/11/2022 at 18:16, shovel leaner said:

I also enjoy Foxhunters posts . I would like him to continue to share his “ hunting “ experiences. 

Well thank you SL.

I have just completed my suspension and read the above posts. 

Going forward I will not make any more negative comments and hopefully get this section back to the way it used to be.

I am a very reactive person and as such respond quickly to any negativity thrown in my direction but seeing as its nearly New Year my resolution will be to be nice to everyone. 

I come on here to read about shooting as that is my passion so let's keep it to that.

A few pics from this week ?

20221129_113751.jpg

20221129_120534.jpg

20221203_081732.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I have just completed my suspension

? early release for good behaviour ? The way things are going on here they’ll have you signing on to probation ?

good that you are back on, I don’t think this section can afford to lose any more, fingers crossed sausage, coot and Gav will make a comeback 

I was going to go out after a doe this afternoon but after been dragged around Teesside Park Christmas shopping, that was that out the window, I’ll definitely be out at something tomorrow, I can’t go the whole weekend without being out 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Bad forecast tomorrow...wind and rain ?

It’s lashing down here now, I’m not bothered what the weather is like I just need to get out, I start getting cabin fever if I spend to much time inside ?

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Stavross said:

It’s lashing down here now, I’m not bothered what the weather is like I just need to get out, I start getting cabin fever if I spend to much time inside ?

I went out last night despite weather but had a 'mare. Missed 2 ?. I knew it wasn't me, felt good. Checked zero coordinate on pard 008S when I got back, and yep they'd shifted again. 3rd time it's happened, lost all faith in it now, going back to rear add on. ?

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

I went out last night despite weather but had a 'mare. Missed 2 ?. I knew it wasn't me, felt good. Checked zero coordinate on pard 008S when I got back, and yep they'd shifted again. 3rd time it's happened, lost all faith in it now, going back to rear add on. ?

It’s a strange one that Ben, when I first got a 008 I mounted it on the impact and never hade to adjust the zero once in about 8 months.. I had to go onto YouTube and watch a tutorial as I’d forgotten how to do it!

that gun had been dropped and bouncing round the back of the truck all that time, i only had to re zero as I was putting it on another gun!

I’ve another mate who’s had loads of 008’s and he’s never had a problem with the mounts, they sometimes need shimming when first fitted but that’s no great shakes and takes about 5mins to do

34 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Get shot of it and get an Alpex 

Only thing putting me off is weight. My shoulder is fucķed, can't carry extra weight. I'm tempted by new tubed pard but this glitch puts me off