Rhino poachers

43 minutes ago, mackem said:

I truthfully think without western conservation influence, through hunting and tourism, animal populations would rapidly diminish, they take no prisoners. 

The first hand accounts of Africa tend to stress how completely out of touch western ideals are there. The concept of sustainability, ‘take two but leaving one’, is madness to them. Take everything because you don’t know if you’ll live long enough to see the one you left multiply!

And as much as ‘poachers’ are the enemy of the day, in reality we could eliminate poachers and the wildlife would still be annihilated. The encroachment of civilisation is the biggest threat.

• Like 1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't hate the players, hate the game.Backward african living in a mudhut with 10 kids gets given an AK47 by a slightly more savvy African who is employed by an Arab who has a medicinal Chinese buyer

It's the chinks I have a problem with not the hunters. 

No sob story there Walt, it's just how it is, the homily was for max wanting to shoot the trigger men in the legs and cut their lugs off ? those guys face death every time they go out, it doesn't pert

Each to their own 9n what/how they hunt... I completely get the conservation around big game hunting, and these reserves are plentiful due to the money it generates... killing one of the big 5 would hold no interest to me.... running antelope with a lurcher, on the other hand, would be right up my street...

• Like 1

In that video they are hunting for the meat, same as some of us do.

The elephant and hippo was not a nice watch as jukel said but thats because if what we think of the animals, they are the normal animals in fields around their villages to them. One of them could feed the tribe for weeks or months. And also they will likely use every little bit of it, bones skin and lot, which we don't in the 'civilised western world'.

Also it was very old footage. Most of them have Manu shirts now and a HW100 .177

• Like 1
3 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

The locals are doing a lot of lurcher work in Africa seen videos of single dogs killing jackal,caracal, antelope and porcupine etc 

I'm glad we don't have porcupines here , pulling hedgehog spines out of a terrier's face is bad enough...

• Like 1
4 hours ago, mackem said:

I truthfully think without western conservation influence, through hunting and tourism, animal populations would rapidly diminish, they take no prisoners. 

I don't live their life so, generally I don't really comment but, watching that elephant getting speared was uncomfortable. 

I couldn't do it.

28 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

I don't live their life so, generally I don't really comment but, watching that elephant getting speared was uncomfortable. 

I couldn't do it.

Wouldn't see a girl having her clit cut out ,sticking a tyre round some one and sparking it up ,easy viewing, but it's what some do ! 

Edited by waltjnr

Don't really care ,who ever don't think the planet is fukced is delusional, enjoy the memories you've got ,that's all you'll have ,seen things your kids won't see ,and luckily what they witness, you'll be long gone not to have to witness !