The village tip

On 28/08/2022 at 15:47, philpot said:

My shooting partner runs our village tip and from time to time he gets some very useful stuff.  Yesterday was such a day with a chap taking in a large rolled up tank netting parcel which will go onto our new perm for two permanent hides and another chap took in 6, 3 x 3'' powder coated aluminium tubes 48'' long with aluminium end caps so a new set of squirrel feeders will be produced from those.

Today I got a call from Chris to say he had some more stuff.  Well this one is different, he gets quite a few old springers in which he does a bit of reno on but this one is a bit odd to say the least, an SMK rifle with the barrel missing. The model is shown as an XS79CO2-88 so one would assume it is co2 powered BUT there is an air cylinder with a foster type fit fill point on the end of the cylinder. Looking on the web, all I can see is the co2 model and the stock on this is quite different as can be seen in the photos.  My pal would like to possibly get a barrel as a project but as yet I have not checked with any of the spares companies for availability.  I would be interested in any info you guys may have on this unusual gun. 

Also there was a scope with the gun but no idea what make it is, any info again would be nice.

DSCF3876.JPG

DSCF3881.JPG

DSCF3878.JPG

DSCF3883.JPG

DSCF3885.JPG

DSCF3886.JPG

Any information would be most interesting and helpful .

Phil

Interesting looking rifle. As others have said seems to have had a bit DIY/custom mods. 

• Like 1