Saved a life ?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I pulled a couple of chaps out of crashed cars and administered cpr. I presume the survived as I did't called to Coroner's Court. I came across a house on fire at Bramley, Rotherham. An old guy in his

I was at a first aid course and the instructor who was a St Johns ambulance “ hero” was regaling us with stories of his life saving, involving performing CPR and wrapping people in tin foil blankets a

Anyone saved someone’s life I’ve saved 2 on pure instinct saved a boy from drowning when I was about 18 gave my daughter mouth to mouth when she was 8 weeks old 

Posted Images

I pulled a couple of chaps out of crashed cars and administered cpr. I presume the survived as I did't called to Coroner's Court. I came across a house on fire at Bramley, Rotherham. An old guy in his 80's had made his way out but his wife was upstairs still in the house. It was full of smoke.  I had to find her, carry her out and even grabbed a chair for her as I passed through the kitchen so she could sit in the garden till the ambulance came. With the dog we found a guy intending suicide. He had fastened a rope to a railway bridge near to North Anston. He got walked home poor fecker. His business had gone under. Came across an upturned car in a ditch south of Grimsby when I was on my way fishing. Had to break the side window, climb in, support him and then cut through the seat belt. I passed him out to others then climbed out myself. Within 5 minutes brake fluid caught light and the car went up. 

I'm sure there were more, but I failed cpr on three caualties including a cot death and a club turn who had collapsed on stage. All they did was pull the curtains. There was me pumping away on stage while everybody else was talking and drinking behind the curtains. His wife kept straightening his toupee and I was spitting out diced carrots between every cycle. You can't win them  all.

• Like 12
28 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

a club turn who had collapsed on stage. All they did was pull the curtains. There was me pumping away on stage while everybody else was talking and drinking behind the curtains. His wife kept straightening his toupee 

Sid James or Tommy Cooper? 

• Haha 1

Yes mate. From 23m in a quarry. She decided the only way was up which to be fair is not ideal. Stopped her ascent, got her on a buddy bottle and she made it. Happy days. Also was saved myself. Was diving a submarine, 2 sets, I was leader and decided to go to the the bottom. We infiltrated, did what we did and went for the surface. Got tangled in a net which unfortunately had the wire in the mesh which got tangled up on my pillar valve.  Luckily my colleague was cool enough, as was I, to sort it out. We were at 53 m so bit of a problem. Ended up with 25 bar at the surface which is pretty close to a problem. Again. Happy days. Jok.

• Like 3