Stop-Oil in London today.

I think the premier league will be kneeling in solidarity on Saturday and a million fans will pay a £100 each to applaud them do it…..sounds about right don’t it ?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your arguing about fck all. It doesn't matter if co2 is good, bad or indifferent. China just built 3 more coal fired power stations while we continued to fill their order books for things we could pro

Exactly ! let them smash the windows in Downing Street or the Houses of Parliament or the ministers cars, then they would probably get my sympathy.  But targeting ordinary motorists doesn't

Any sympathy with the cause evaporates when you realise they haven't considered the alternatives. For every oil protester there will be an anti-nuclear protestor and an anti-windfarm protestor. For ev

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, WILF said:

When other people protest and smash the gaff to bits they don’t give a flying f**k about “oh, where’s the better place” or “I wonder if Fred the plumber will be half hour late” ……they just wreck shit and everyone can’t bend over backwards enough to give them everything and hail them as brave “Activists” 

Why should British people be any different and why would they not try to emulate something that clearly works…..the British bloke asking nicely , not working out great so far is it mate ? 

It's all too far gone mate - there will never be the strength of uprising in this country to shock the system into a dramatic change. I've said it before, the best you can do is to take care of you and yours while things very slowly change.

1 step forwards, 3 backwards, 2 forwards, 1 backwards, 2 forwards.

What we definitely don't need is to be inconvenced by our own who think they're going to make a difference in their crusade of vandalism - especially now when everything's being cut to the bone and getting that much harder for normal people.

Honestly,  I couldn't care less if they burn Whitehall and Downing Street to the ground as long as they stay out of my way - I have responsibilities and people to provide for.

48 minutes ago, WILF said:

Yeah, who set the bar for all that mate ?

The government set the rules the other summer……don’t blame your own for doing what the government condoned and rewarded in others.

You say that like every one of us were kneeling in support of the mob that dragged that standard down. I'd happily see them all behind bars. Just because I wasn't out on the streets fighting the first lot means I have to accept every instance of it after?

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

You say that like every one of us were kneeling in support of the mob that dragged that standard down. I'd happily see them all behind bars. Just because I wasn't out on the streets fighting the first lot means I have to accept every instance of it after?

British people being able to protest in Britain isn’t a bad thing, nobody can tell me it is mate.

We fall on the side of those who would see them stopped at our peril !

I can’t believe I am writing this to you of all people 

28 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

It's all too far gone mate - there will never be the strength of uprising in this country to shock the system into a dramatic change. I've said it before, the best you can do is to take care of you and yours while things very slowly change.

1 step forwards, 3 backwards, 2 forwards, 1 backwards, 2 forwards.

What we definitely don't need is to be inconvenced by our own who think they're going to make a difference in their crusade of vandalism - especially now when everything's being cut to the bone and getting that much harder for normal people.

Honestly,  I couldn't care less if they burn Whitehall and Downing Street to the ground as long as they stay out of my way - I have responsibilities and people to provide for.

Better to try and fail than never try at all mate ;) 

1 minute ago, WILF said:

British people being able to protest in Britain isn’t a bad thing, nobody can tell me it is mate.

We fall on the side of those who would see them stopped at our peril !

I can’t believe I am writing this to you of all people 

But that's not protest, it's criminal damage. Just like chucking statues in canals and spray painting the cenotaph.

It's called freedom of speech, not freedom of action.

• Like 1
Just now, Born Hunter said:

But that's not protest, it's criminal damage. Just like chucking statues in canals and spray painting the cenotaph.

It's called freedom of speech, not freedom of action.

Words have been tried and proven to fail, nobody give a shit what you say and least of all as a British bloke in Britain…..

So, they have had a look at what works for others and tried that……they are only playing by the rules the government have set. 
It would totally illogical to do otherwise because that has been proven pointless 

The point at which you start smashing stuff up, you can't lean on the pillars of democracy anymore for moral high ground. You've chosen another path. This isn't democratic protest. It's a grey area between protest and terrorism.

If they want to walk that path then that's their prerogative but they lose my support to do so which they had while within the democratic principals we used to hold.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

The point at which you start smashing stuff up, you can't lean on the pillars of democracy anymore for moral high ground. You've chosen another path. This isn't democratic protest. It's a grey area between protest and terrorism.

If they want to walk that path then that's their prerogative but they lose my support to do so which they had while within the democratic principals we used to hold.

I agree with nearly all of that.

But if you can explain the logic behind doing the same and expecting different then I will agree with all of it.

I don’t understand what part of “talking isn’t working and the only thing that has seemed to work for everyone else is direct action” you don’t understand.

Why are we blaming these people for a situation they didn’t create ?

2 minutes ago, WILF said:

Words have been tried and proven to fail, nobody give a shit what you say and least of all as a British bloke in Britain…..

So, they have had a look at what works for others and tried that……they are only playing by the rules the government have set. 
It would totally illogical to do otherwise because that has been proven pointless 

And if I was to support their chosen path of action (criminal damage) then by principal I would have to support the right to graffiti the cenotaph, for whatever political reason. Which I opposed in principal, as much as I was opposed to the political reason of those that did it.

I get it, 'what works is right'. I'm just not sure I'm willing to throw away my principals quite that easily.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

Iam picking and pointing a house now reckon that old biddy better on the hammer and chisel than a boy working wae us 

Get her in, she might get a few hours community service and need some rehabilitation and community payback ?

• Haha 1