6 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

first time I went down there on an invite was to dig 2003 ish..spoilt for choice,we used to travel down to a lad,and he would also take us out lamping ....first time I'd ever driven the land so to speak,flying around in a fourtrack or pajehro...like you said there would be that much game our dogs wouldnt know what to pick🙈...tripping over multiple species😁..we were used to walking miles local for the odd one or 2 things...having access to places like that , showed you what you was  really feeding😉👍

We had that when we traveled up to east anglia; dogs knocking over game down here easy all but stood still because there was hares, munty and roe in every direction and they didn't know what to do

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man idk what's with you honestly. Yes is polar opposite hence why I'm curious and asking I'm trying to expand my knowledge my guy.  So yes I will show my confusion I will say what think. That's how yo

By far and large yes. But equally that type know f**k all about breeding really, and their interest in blood is superficial, beginning and ending with a bit of paper with some red on it. The lads that

There’s nothing wrong with wanting the best of things imho mate, I like good kit for anything I do and that extended to not wanting an absolute article at the end of a slip (and believe me, I have had

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

There's most definitely places in Ireland that are almost completely void of any game, I've witnessed a hard hunting footpack cover vast areas from sun up till sun down and not get a sniff of a fox but that was in the south, the area I'm from if foxes, rabbits and hares were your game then there was plenty to go at and definitely no shortage of work for terriers, rabbits all but gone with only small pockets here and there. 

Much as you are probably going to hate this comment mate 😂 you have the British to thank for that, it’s our way we did agriculture that created the environment for game time thrive……we didn’t bother with the west, hence, f****d ! Lol 👍

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, WILF said:

Much as you are probably going to hate this comment mate 😂 you have the British to thank for that, it’s our way we did agriculture that created the environment for game time thrive……we didn’t bother with the west, hence, f****d ! Lol 👍

The west of Ireland can be a bit bleak alright. Lol. 

57 minutes ago, WILF said:

Its because our mutts are far superior and absolutely smash everything within a 5 mile radius off one slip. 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Don’t bite back but getting kicked about must hurt more then a bite lol 

I won't know about a kick but I can say a bite does hurt for days your hand swellls up and aches for days to😉 but it gets even more emotional when the runner goes back in whilst it's still locked on 😂 it makes you appreciate what terriers and fox dogs do whilst grafting 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I won't know about a kick but I can say a bite does hurt for days your hand swellls up and aches for days to😉 but it gets even more emotional when the runner goes back in whilst it's still locked on 😂 it makes you appreciate what terriers and fox dogs do whilst grafting 

Lad I know dug one Charlie bit hold of his hand. Lifted his hand and the hounds viewed it 😂

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Lad I know dug one Charlie bit hold of his hand. Lifted his hand and the hounds viewed it 😂

Been done twice one on the light second on a dig both the same results doesn't help you have so-called mates crying on the floor .

Edited by Blackmag
  • Haha 2
20 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I sd d s JFK gsjjsg dogs dssgsgsg

But Mine were in Jan jon not summer  😂 

Sorry about the above post  jon pup was led on my tab as I was making a brew 

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Astanley said:

How do I get a look at this forum you mentioned Wolfie .

Screenshot_20220825-210544.png.a0984c535cda1a94d04652a3f8294882.png

Got everyone from America's to Aussies to Canadians to Russians. Come in have a chat ,post pics ,argue whatever.  Fel free to ask whatever questions post pics on what y'all do over your way ect . Lota of guys will talk your heads off lol Eveyone will give a you a bit of a hard time for being a Brit but it's out of a good place lol. There all some forum dicks but that's everywhere. Might take a day or two for you profile to get verified though . Just let em know you you heared about the forum from me 🙂 I know there a few from this place over there already and they get along with everyone just fine

Will warn you though , the political and religious thread get a little.... tedious 

Edited by Wolfdog91
  • Like 3
On 24/08/2022 at 07:30, Wolfdog91 said:

So I like to study outdoor culture and subcultures, find it interesting how eveyone tends to hunt fish trap ect and how they specialize in certain things. Well gotta say you guys in the UK have to have one of the biggest obsessions ( and I truly mean that in the best way possible so please don't get bent outta shape) when it comes to dogs. Noticed when someone posts anything and there's a dog y'all key in on that dog. Asking about the breed, blood line ect.

Dont think I've seen it as engrained in hunting culture with anywhere elese like y'all.  Well there some stuff over here that gets close honunds men over here can be pretty.. perticular...But still not quite to extent of you guys. 

What with that ? Seriously from a historical and cultural perspective? I remember seeing some stuff in the history channel about most kings back in the gap had huge kennels full of different breeds for different purposes. Need to find that documentary again , was really good...... Anyhow anyone able to shed some light on this for me? 

We just love our hunting dogs Brother....simple as that really...😉

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

We just love our hunting dogs Brother....simple as that really...😉

pic90.jpg

That black and tan has that look  about him 😉and will run anywhere I like him Phil 

18 hours ago, Blackmag said:

That black and tan has that look  about him 😉and will run anywhere I like him Phil 

Yeah the Black and Tan was my pal's Kelpie,...cracking dog, but sadly passed now...👍

• Like 1
On 25/08/2022 at 18:35, Daniel cain said:

first time I went down there on an invite was to dig 2003 ish..spoilt for choice,we used to travel down to a lad,and he would also take us out lamping ....first time I'd ever driven the land so to speak,flying around in a fourtrack or pajehro...like you said there would be that much game our dogs wouldnt know what to pick🙈...tripping over multiple species😁..we were used to walking miles local for the odd one or 2 things...having access to places like that , showed you what you was  really feeding😉👍

Wasn't a lad called Paul was it ? We were going down around that time it came on top one night driving about he said he'd lost his spaniel earlier in the day we were "looking for it" good job they didn't go to his house it was curled up on the sofa 🤣

• Haha 2