Y'all and dogs

5 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Lad I know dug one Charlie bit hold of his hand. Lifted his hand and the hounds viewed it ?

Been done twice one on the light second on a dig both the same results doesn't help you have so-called mates crying on the floor .

Edited by Blackmag
  • Haha 2

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man idk what's with you honestly. Yes is polar opposite hence why I'm curious and asking I'm trying to expand my knowledge my guy.  So yes I will show my confusion I will say what think. That's how yo

There’s nothing wrong with wanting the best of things imho mate, I like good kit for anything I do and that extended to not wanting an absolute article at the end of a slip (and believe me, I have had

By far and large yes. But equally that type know f**k all about breeding really, and their interest in blood is superficial, beginning and ending with a bit of paper with some red on it. The lads that

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Astanley said:

How do I get a look at this forum you mentioned Wolfie .

Screenshot_20220825-210544.png.a0984c535cda1a94d04652a3f8294882.png

Got everyone from America's to Aussies to Canadians to Russians. Come in have a chat ,post pics ,argue whatever.  Fel free to ask whatever questions post pics on what y'all do over your way ect . Lota of guys will talk your heads off lol Eveyone will give a you a bit of a hard time for being a Brit but it's out of a good place lol. There all some forum dicks but that's everywhere. Might take a day or two for you profile to get verified though . Just let em know you you heared about the forum from me ? I know there a few from this place over there already and they get along with everyone just fine

Will warn you though , the political and religious thread get a little.... tedious 

Edited by Wolfdog91
  • Like 3
On 24/08/2022 at 07:30, Wolfdog91 said:

So I like to study outdoor culture and subcultures, find it interesting how eveyone tends to hunt fish trap ect and how they specialize in certain things. Well gotta say you guys in the UK have to have one of the biggest obsessions ( and I truly mean that in the best way possible so please don't get bent outta shape) when it comes to dogs. Noticed when someone posts anything and there's a dog y'all key in on that dog. Asking about the breed, blood line ect.

Dont think I've seen it as engrained in hunting culture with anywhere elese like y'all.  Well there some stuff over here that gets close honunds men over here can be pretty.. perticular...But still not quite to extent of you guys. 

What with that ? Seriously from a historical and cultural perspective? I remember seeing some stuff in the history channel about most kings back in the gap had huge kennels full of different breeds for different purposes. Need to find that documentary again , was really good...... Anyhow anyone able to shed some light on this for me? 

We just love our hunting dogs Brother....simple as that really...?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
On 25/08/2022 at 18:35, Daniel cain said:

first time I went down there on an invite was to dig 2003 ish..spoilt for choice,we used to travel down to a lad,and he would also take us out lamping ....first time I'd ever driven the land so to speak,flying around in a fourtrack or pajehro...like you said there would be that much game our dogs wouldnt know what to pick?...tripping over multiple species?..we were used to walking miles local for the odd one or 2 things...having access to places like that , showed you what you was  really feeding??

Wasn't a lad called Paul was it ? We were going down around that time it came on top one night driving about he said he'd lost his spaniel earlier in the day we were "looking for it" good job they didn't go to his house it was curled up on the sofa ?

• Haha 2
On 25/08/2022 at 19:35, Daniel cain said:

first time I went down there on an invite was to dig 2003 ish..spoilt for choice,we used to travel down to a lad,and he would also take us out lamping ....first time I'd ever driven the land so to speak,flying around in a fourtrack or pajehro...like you said there would be that much game our dogs wouldnt know what to pick?...tripping over multiple species?..we were used to walking miles local for the odd one or 2 things...having access to places like that , showed you what you was  really feeding??

How do the dogs react to that scenario. Do they follow the first one that catches their eye to the end or would they  change to an easier target as the chase develops? 

Edited by Nicepix
1 hour ago, Nicepix said:

How do the dogs react to that scenario. Do they follow the first one that catches their eye to the end or would they  change to an easier target as the chase develops? 

Depends if things stay in a group or a couple split off and they can single something out…..but initially, it confuses the hell out of them.

Its the herd doing it’s job 

Edited by WILF
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, WILF said:

Depends if things stay in a group or a couple split off and they can single something out…..but initially, it confuses the hell out of them.

Its the herd doing it’s job 

Thanks. 

It is the hunting side of canine-ology that fascinates me. Normally the hunt would start with a stalk then a well worked ambush with a possible encirclement prior to the chase and ambush.  But in the situation you describe the dogs have to learn new tactics. I wondered whether they stayed true to their quarry or changed to individuals that had splintered off or were lagging behind.

1 hour ago, Nicepix said:

Thanks. 

It is the hunting side of canine-ology that fascinates me. Normally the hunt would start with a stalk then a well worked ambush with a possible encirclement prior to the chase and ambush.  But in the situation you describe the dogs have to learn new tactics. I wondered whether they stayed true to their quarry or changed to individuals that had splintered off or were lagging behind.

That’s just my experience of course, I’d suspect dogs who are worked much more regularly learn a bit more and develop accordingly mate.

10 hours ago, WILF said:

That’s just my experience of course, I’d suspect dogs who are worked much more regularly learn a bit more and develop accordingly mate.

Yes, I am sure that they do. We used to set up different scenarios to see what the dogs did. You can only learn these rhings by watching them. Then trying to work out the whys and wherefores. 

On 24/08/2022 at 09:54, chartpolski said:

If you come on a U.K. hunting site, you may think we are all dog mad.

If you went on a U.K. Trainspotters site, you would be convinced we are all mad !

Neither is true........we're just eccentric ! ?? !

Cheers.

What like this guy Charts just a small sample there’s loads on the tube ?

• Haha 1