Y'all and dogs

1 minute ago, OldPhil said:

Them deer are everyfeckingwhere...?

Different when hunting for profit or the craic,...but now, they are a total embarrassment ..

I keep well-schooled jukels,.. but, those pesky deer are a massive temptation,...and I don't need that kind of heat..

I am an aged person,.. I don't need any stress,.my heart could give out .

I wish some fecker would thin the b*****ds right out... ?

_K1A6960.jpg

Have you seen the plans to allow night shooting? And all year round killing of males. Sure it will be a massacre for a while then price will collapse. 

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man idk what's with you honestly. Yes is polar opposite hence why I'm curious and asking I'm trying to expand my knowledge my guy.  So yes I will show my confusion I will say what think. That's how yo

There’s nothing wrong with wanting the best of things imho mate, I like good kit for anything I do and that extended to not wanting an absolute article at the end of a slip (and believe me, I have had

By far and large yes. But equally that type know f**k all about breeding really, and their interest in blood is superficial, beginning and ending with a bit of paper with some red on it. The lads that

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Have you seen the plans to allow night shooting? And all year round killing of males. Sure it will be a massacre for a while then price will collapse. 

Price has already collapsed and not recovered even now the restaurants are back in action. I’ve been told it’s because the European market has dried up but I don’t know if that’s a fact.

And if we’re all honest, night shooting has been routine for years.

• Like 2

If we ever have another foot and mouth outbreak,it is bound to get into the out of control deer population. Then the UK can say goodbye to its foot and mouth free status  for good, because we will never get rid of it.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

Wee Downs  girl up the road has just been bought a kitten. I'm terrified it will come to a sticky end. Been reinforcing my dog run and garden fencing. I'm continually  checking where the dogs are. Hunting dogs can be a nightmare.

Totally agree, break my heart if a dog of mine had ever killed someones family pet….I always think about scenarios exactly like you are taking about, could belong to a little kid or old lady 

Lucky I don’t have those worries now because my dogs don’t kill anything and any cat as far out as me is feral anyway.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
Just now, Daniel cain said:

Had the pleasure of being able to dig on that place and run untold many moons ago ?

I always used to nearly crash driving past Flitwick turn off and watching the CWD just leisurely walking around the fields ! Lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, WILF said:

I always used to nearly crash driving past Flitwick turn off and watching the CWD just leisurely walking around the fields ! Lol 

first time I went down there on an invite was to dig 2003 ish..spoilt for choice,we used to travel down to a lad,and he would also take us out lamping ....first time I'd ever driven the land so to speak,flying around in a fourtrack or pajehro...like you said there would be that much game our dogs wouldnt know what to pick?...tripping over multiple species?..we were used to walking miles local for the odd one or 2 things...having access to places like that , showed you what you was  really feeding??

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, WILF said:

Compared to the UK it’s a f***ing desert mate ! 
Also, and again this is my part of the world, the topography, forestry, and the nature of farm land make it useless for a decent dog as we know it.

Your 28 inch machine ain’t much use here.

Add to that no driven shoots or keeper estates, what is it ? 2 species of deer, it’s all little gun clubs who want to put down no birds, put f**k all back and spent the season wandering the hedge rows like Elmer Fudd for 1 skinny pheasant.

They genuinely post pictures on WhatsApp groups if they even see a pheasant !! 

Fox shooters bag a few as they peep their head out the forestry.

Other parts of the country would have bigger, open arable fields like we are used to but you still don’t see the amount of gear we do, absolutely not even on the same planet mate. 

Terrierwork I couldn’t speak for because it’s not something you actually witness just driving about.

Bare in mind, I can see herds of Fallow out of the aeroplane window as I’m coming into land at Stanstead ! 

There's most definitely places in Ireland that are almost completely void of any game, I've witnessed a hard hunting footpack cover vast areas from sun up till sun down and not get a sniff of a fox but that was in the south, the area I'm from if foxes, rabbits and hares were your game then there was plenty to go at and definitely no shortage of work for terriers, rabbits all but gone with only small pockets here and there. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

first time I went down there on an invite was to dig 2003 ish..spoilt for choice,we used to travel down to a lad,and he would also take us out lamping ....first time I'd ever driven the land so to speak,flying around in a fourtrack or pajehro...like you said there would be that much game our dogs wouldnt know what to pick?...tripping over multiple species?..we were used to walking miles local for the odd one or 2 things...having access to places like that , showed you what you was  really feeding??

We had that when we traveled up to east anglia; dogs knocking over game down here easy all but stood still because there was hares, munty and roe in every direction and they didn't know what to do

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

There's most definitely places in Ireland that are almost completely void of any game, I've witnessed a hard hunting footpack cover vast areas from sun up till sun down and not get a sniff of a fox but that was in the south, the area I'm from if foxes, rabbits and hares were your game then there was plenty to go at and definitely no shortage of work for terriers, rabbits all but gone with only small pockets here and there. 

Much as you are probably going to hate this comment mate ? you have the British to thank for that, it’s our way we did agriculture that created the environment for game time thrive……we didn’t bother with the west, hence, f****d ! Lol ?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, WILF said:

Much as you are probably going to hate this comment mate ? you have the British to thank for that, it’s our way we did agriculture that created the environment for game time thrive……we didn’t bother with the west, hence, f****d ! Lol ?

The west of Ireland can be a bit bleak alright. Lol. 

57 minutes ago, WILF said:

Its because our mutts are far superior and absolutely smash everything within a 5 mile radius off one slip. 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Don’t bite back but getting kicked about must hurt more then a bite lol 

I won't know about a kick but I can say a bite does hurt for days your hand swellls up and aches for days to? but it gets even more emotional when the runner goes back in whilst it's still locked on ? it makes you appreciate what terriers and fox dogs do whilst grafting 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I won't know about a kick but I can say a bite does hurt for days your hand swellls up and aches for days to? but it gets even more emotional when the runner goes back in whilst it's still locked on ? it makes you appreciate what terriers and fox dogs do whilst grafting 

Lad I know dug one Charlie bit hold of his hand. Lifted his hand and the hounds viewed it ?

• Haha 2