Civil unrest, We could learn a lesson from France.

2 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

I can't click on that link and read the words of a little wet communist proffer, I just can't.

This one never gets old though :laugh: ..........

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

James Healy attacked Mr Jones because of his politics and LGBTQ beliefs, the court heard.

I just read that, is it normal for your home to be searched after a pub fight?? 

• Like 1

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I read the name “Owen Jones” and didn’t bother !……a Nazi who thinks everyone else is a Nazi except him ! 

We had people like Owen Jones latching on to us in the miners strike middle class intellectuals who have made a good living by pretending to be on the side of ordinary joe bloggs tbh people like him I

Halfway through writing 'The road to Wigan pier ' ,George Orwell realised that " middle class intellectuals " like the Jones fella ,don't care about the poor or the working class ...they just hate the

28 minutes ago, mackem said:

Only when someone like Owen Jones makes enough noise.

......... he's like the school grass, running to the teacher when he's been told to f**k off in the playground. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, mackem said:

Thats exactly what i thought . The guy who did the assault seemed to admit it quite happily so no need to go looking for evidence id have thought 

• Like 1

We had people like Owen Jones latching on to us in the miners strike middle class intellectuals who have made a good living by pretending to be on the side of ordinary joe bloggs tbh people like him I don't trust them as far as I could throw them he is another who supports open borders which any sane person knows this would be catastrophic for working class communities far worse than it is now.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The most eye opening thing I have seen about Owen Jones is when he meets, and talks with, the creator of the Jonathan Pie character……Pie takes him to the cleaners in truth but in a very nice and calm way.

Worth a watch 

22 minutes ago, WILF said:

The most eye opening thing I have seen about Owen Jones is when he meets, and talks with, the creator of the Jonathan Pie character……Pie takes him to the cleaners in truth but in a very nice and calm way.

Worth a watch 

Jones was on Andrew Neil's show and accused Neil of being far right......Neil tore him to pieces, looked like Jones was going to cry.

Julia Hartley Brewer laughed in Jones face when he accused her of being homophobic and Jones had a hissy fit and stormed off the stage.

Jones and Alistair Campbell are, in my mind, two of the most detestable people in politics, and there are some VERY detestable people in politics !

Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Jones was on Andrew Neil's show and accused Neil of being far right......Neil tore him to pieces, looked like Jones was going to cry.

Julia Hartley Brewer laughed in Jones face when he accused her of being homophobic and Jones had a hissy fit and stormed off the stage.

Jones and Alistair Campbell are, in my mind, two of the most detestable people in politics, and there are some VERY detestable people in politics !

Cheers.

I agree wholeheartedly about Campbell. He has masses of blood on his hands and yet wanders from television studio to radio station bleating about his depression and defending his lies before the gulf war.

Jones is, as tats says, a man who makes his living out of preaching to the working class, but I don't mind him. Sometimes he talks sense imo. Sometimes he doesn't imo.

Brillo pad Neil talks sense a lot of the time. But imo he is far right. He worked for Fox news,  the madmans' fake news channel in America, and is hand in glove with Murdoch. He's good entertainment when he tears politicians from the right and the left apart. Probably the best.

Edited by jukel123
4 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

We had people like Owen Jones latching on to us in the miners strike middle class intellectuals who have made a good living by pretending to be on the side of ordinary joe bloggs tbh people like him I don't trust them as far as I could throw them he is another who supports open borders which any sane person knows this would be catastrophic for working class communities far worse than it is now.

Halfway through writing 'The road to Wigan pier ' ,George Orwell realised that " middle class intellectuals " like the Jones fella ,don't care about the poor or the working class ...they just hate the rich .

• Like 7
4 hours ago, mackem said:

So was it common practice to search someone's house after an altercation at a bar? 

No, but we don't know the full circumstances. My point was that an admission in interview with no other evidence is not enough for a charge to be brought. People change their stories. Let's say he admitted it and a witness described clothing that he was not wearing at the time of arrest. It is possible, if necessary, to locate that clothing. Or recover things for forensics. Otherwise in 2 months time with a new not guilty plea any evidence would be lost.

Marx was the same, a posh boy. He didn't like to rub shoulders with the working class. Orwell was also a middle class intellectual, but he loved the company of the working class and thought them more decent and truthful than others. I agree with that.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Astanley said:

Halfway through writing 'The road to Wigan pier ' ,George Orwell realised that " middle class intellectuals " like the Jones fella ,don't care about the poor or the working class ...they just hate the rich .

Oops, please read the above.

2 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

No, but we don't know the full circumstances. My point was that an admission in interview with no other evidence is not enough for a charge to be brought. People change their stories. Let's say he admitted it and a witness described clothing that he was not wearing at the time of arrest. It is possible, if necessary, to locate that clothing. Or recover things for forensics. Otherwise in 2 months time with a new not guilty plea any evidence would be lost.

The cops had CCTV from the pub, I think the house search must surely have been because Owen Jones was a vociferous high profile pride Queen? 

• Like 2
Just now, mackem said:

The cops had CCTV from the pub, I think the house search must surely have been because Owen Jones was a vociferous high profile pride Queen? 

I don't think that was sufficient to get permission for a search warrant.?

As I said; we don't have all the facts. And the press are quite happy with that.