Black dog trading

Anybody know if it’s still on the go? Used to see the guy that had it at the game fairs in the summer but not for a few years. Always used to think his leather collars were good quality and reasonably priced. 

• Like 1

On 22/08/2022 at 18:25, Jude said:

Anybody know if it’s still on the go? Used to see the guy that had it at the game fairs in the summer but not for a few years. Always used to think his leather collars were good quality and reasonably priced. 

Yes , he has packed in the Game Fair selling business,...shame because he was always extremely helpful, and was undoubtable, one of the Boys....?

Walked out with the guy, and as a Field Sports Supplier, I found that he was far more useful in the actual hunting field, than many others that I have encountered....

I think the organisers of these large Country Shows, have possibly killed off,.. several of the most interesting and characterful stall holders...?

They made the weekend so expensive, that any man selling sporting gear, really had to go for it, in order to justify the cost of his stall....

As I say, nice old chap....?

• Like 8
38 minutes ago, Chevy Chase said:

You don’t know if they guy has an email address or any other contact details? I’m not on Facebook. Wouldn’t mind trying to track down a copy of some of his dvds 

blackdogtrading@btinternet.com email from about 15year ago. good luck. 

Is Phil on here, mutual friend of Jim etc?

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Old post but thought I’d update, Unfortunately Jim has retired now my dad was good friends with him and is featured alongside my grandad and our old dog in some of his lamping DVD’s, he used to live a few doors up then moved up to Scotland, he’s about as high up the country as you can get now I think but definitely retired, shame as his leather work was some of the best by far and my 13 year old now watches the DVD’s we’ve got copies of they’re worth a watch if you can find them, they may still check the email address but it’s a very old one so no idea myself if they do as haven’t seen Jim or his wife Maggie for years unfortunately but both lovely people and he was always one of those if he didn’t have what you were looking for he’d probably custom make it or pass on details of someone who did.

• Like 2