Wolves fence cut in Canadian zoo

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv watched loads a things on tele about over there but it seems common for them on tele to say the black bears are worse than the brown bears, both are serious animals an only bear I’d like to meet in the woods in a koala bear ??

I'll stick to Paddington, nice marmalade sandwich, not Rupert, he'd bum you ! 

• Haha 2

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aye 25, he said that.

iv'e posted this pic before....this was my fathering laws timber wolf x, mac....from back in the 50's....he's a big dog....

Posted Images

On 23/08/2022 at 07:02, W. Katchum said:

But iv deffo heard there’s much more chance of them doing you than a grizzly 

You are probably right there is more chance of a black bear attacking you than a griz, i cant be arsed looking up the numbers but there is probably 300 or more blacks for every griz in most areas where the populations co exist, and not a lot of areas where griz are common... I can tell you most people out here who are around lots of bears see blacks as a pest / nuisance, and griz as unpredictable and a real danger. Obviously with wild animals making generalizations is not that wise but most black bear are fairly timid and scared of people,  griz just don't give a feck about humans full stop. Any sick or starving bear or a sow with cubs is dangerous, but a sow black will usually bark and send the cubs up a tree, a griz sow will attack u till she doesn't see you as a threat. And griz have a habit of stashing, burying and then protecting kills, and often the first u know your near a kill site is when a griz charges u. The info on fighting a black and playing dead with a griz is true, but only with a bear attacking u if u surprised it or is protecting cubs or a kill. A sick starving bear is trying to eat u, it doesn't matter which type it is....

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I also heard on one same programmes that it might be because blacks live in more heavily wooded areas an scrub an grizzly more open land so chances are you will stumble on an scare a black more often?? 

You need a hurtubise grizzly suit from project grizzly.