Jury service

2 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Yes he could tell a tale the legal representative who went to crown with me he had to represent that nut case from Wath on Dearn who murdered his grandfather and that poor sod in a wheelchair remember him saying he had never been as scared in his life than when he was in his company for the life of me I can't remember his name. 

Think my barrister was called storey going back to 99 so not ? 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you dont want to do it send a letter thanking them for choosing you as you have waited your whole life to exact revenge on drug dealers, shoplifters, blacks, muslims etc etc. You will get a letter

Do you know what, I’d f***ing loathe having to do that…..my old woman is all like “oh, that would be good” in typical woman fashion to get all the tasty tit bits. Me, I’d dread it…..I just couldn

My brother did jury duty years ago, a very old man was charged with shoplifting, he had walked out of a supermarket with a packet of bacon. As the jury deliberated , my brother said he would neve

Posted Images

Last time i got a letter for jury duty i wrote back i was on holiday all that month , they accepted it and never question it . 

Whilst working in security we caught a couple stealing bikes they had cleaned the place out and where even stealing the hire bikes from the racks and they had a tracker in them . They got done for having a pool car as well so me and another guard got called up to give evidence at the crown court total waste of time place has 7 courts and they try 12 cases at a time so there always full loads of witnesses and jurors sitting about . The thief's wait till they see which witnesses have  turned up and change there plea   so your sitting there 4/6 hours to be told your no needed away and claim your expenses back . After that any time the police arrested anybody i put my mate foreword and walked away fcek that as all the bother at university you could be called up once a month  

I’ve been called up twice first time I swerved it second time I had to go I was sitting on a car ringing gangs goings on, i was the only one of the jury who found them not guilty ? I will say one thing it only takes the most minute thing to adjourn a case delay it ect it’s a money pit of wasted time and money I spent more time sitting about than any thing else I hated it.

Dido1. Yes mate. All true. A bit barbaric but it certainly focuses the mind. Chop square in Jeddah is not the place to be and if you are white you are pushed to the front making sure the message is sent. Look back in our history to see the way that criminals were treated and there is not much difference. OMO. Jok.

7 hours ago, The one said:

Last time i got a letter for jury duty i wrote back i was on holiday all that month , they accepted it and never question it . 

Whilst working in security we caught a couple stealing bikes they had cleaned the place out and where even stealing the hire bikes from the racks and they had a tracker in them . They got done for having a pool car as well so me and another guard got called up to give evidence at the crown court total waste of time place has 7 courts and they try 12 cases at a time so there always full loads of witnesses and jurors sitting about . The thief's wait till they see which witnesses have  turned up and change there plea   so your sitting there 4/6 hours to be told your no needed away and claim your expenses back . After that any time the police arrested anybody i put my mate foreword and walked away fcek that as all the bother at university you could be called up once a month  

That is the dilemma for shops and fuel stations. Their staff are always being called to court then sent home when the plea is changed on the day. Makes a mockery of staff rostas and holiday planning.

4 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

That is the dilemma for shops and fuel stations. Their staff are always being called to court then sent home when the plea is changed on the day. Makes a mockery of staff rostas and holiday planning.

If fuel station owners send Mohammed they will have 65 people to chose from on the day hence no bother to rotas ! Lol 

In the 80s I went on the committee of a local social club ,got a visit of the licensing officers ,they said the would oppose the club's license unless I withdrew ,as I was " A man of bad character and an undesirable " ...two days later I got a letter to do jury duty .

• Haha 1
Just now, Astanley said:

In the 80s I went on the committee of a local social club ,got a visit of the licensing officers ,they said the would oppose the club's license unless I withdrew ,as I was " A man of bad character and an undesirable " ...two days later I got a letter to do jury duty .

Surely that description describes all scousers! I guess social clubs are thin on the ground in Liverpool.

Edited by jukel123
  • Haha 2
On 19/08/2022 at 18:42, WILF said:

I had arrests for affray and stuff but it never stopped me getting an FAC and a SGC, it was well in the past and the FAO said don’t worry about it…..I’d imagine if they give people like me an FAC then they let most people do jury service. 

Did you get found guilty of affray ? If so what sentence did you get ? I couldn't see you getting fac with a prison sentence on your record and affray carries a prison sentence 3 Years upwards ,I was charged with affray and told to look at 5 but walked from crown with not guilty. 

If your found not guilty it don't matter as its not on your record so wouldn't affect getting fac but you will always have markers against your name if police was to stop you and pnc you ,

3 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Did you get found guilty of affray ? If so what sentence did you get ? I couldn't see you getting fac with a prison sentence on your record and affray carries a prison sentence 3 Years upwards ,I was charged with affray and told to look at 5 but walked from crown with not guilty. 

If your found not guilty it don't matter as its not on your record so wouldn't affect getting fac but you will always have markers against your name if police was to stop you and pnc you ,

I got charged with affray and pleaded guilty didn't get locked up and have a FAC 

1 minute ago, Chid said:

I got charged with affray and pleaded guilty didn't get locked up and have a FAC 

I forgot to put it all depends on the level of affray as it's a public disorder offence and I believe they is several going from low public disorder right up to affray with violence and starting a riot etc 

16 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I forgot to put it all depends on the level of affray as it's a public disorder offence and I believe they is several going from low public disorder right up to affray with violence and starting a riot etc 

Mine was affray with violence.. 

11 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

No, just cautioned in the end…..it was self defence anyway.

It was quiet funny because when the FAO came round I’d actually forgotten about it and he said “Have you ever been in trouble with the police” and I said “No”

So he says “why have we got this picture of you then ?” and proceeded to hold up a very youthful looking mug shot of yours truly ! 

I laughed and said “Blimey, I don’t look like that anymore do I ?!” …..he was pretty cool, he laughed as well as he could see I had genuinely forgotten which I had. 
If you get a decent man of the world FAO then life’s a lot easier because they are pretty practical about these things 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1