Jury service

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you dont want to do it send a letter thanking them for choosing you as you have waited your whole life to exact revenge on drug dealers, shoplifters, blacks, muslims etc etc. You will get a letter

Do you know what, I’d f***ing loathe having to do that…..my old woman is all like “oh, that would be good” in typical woman fashion to get all the tasty tit bits. Me, I’d dread it…..I just couldn

My brother did jury duty years ago, a very old man was charged with shoplifting, he had walked out of a supermarket with a packet of bacon. As the jury deliberated , my brother said he would neve

Posted Images

Guys. All this talk about shoplifting and the consequences really break my heart. However. Charts help me here. Jeddah is the place where any criminal activity is punished. I’ve been there and witnessed the carnage. When you are on chop square, as has been said before, there is no remorse. If you are a thief, your hand is removed. If you you are a bigamist then, yep you’ve guessed it. I’ve seen women being buried and stoned to death. This in the middle of Rhiyad. Here we are moaning about what should be done to stop crime. I think maybe we should have a look at proper retribution to all the criminals out there. Not only that, this is a small island and we are accepting the scum of the earth who are, unfortunately landing on our South Coast, where, guess what, crime and attacks are most prevevant. OMO..Jok

34 minutes ago, jok said:

Guys. All this talk about shoplifting and the consequences really break my heart. However. Charts help me here. Jeddah is the place where any criminal activity is punished. I’ve been there and witnessed the carnage. When you are on chop square, as has been said before, there is no remorse. If you are a thief, your hand is removed. If you you are a bigamist then, yep you’ve guessed it. I’ve seen women being buried and stoned to death. This in the middle of Rhiyad. Here we are moaning about what should be done to stop crime. I think maybe we should have a look at proper retribution to all the criminals out there. Not only that, this is a small island and we are accepting the scum of the earth who are, unfortunately landing on our South Coast, where, guess what, crime and attacks are most prevevant. OMO..Jok

You really seen a woman stoned to death?

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Skimmed most the thread but I will say this, crown court or the equivalent is the only real hope you got of a fair trial/hearing, magistrates courts are nowt more than kangaroo courts, an id always try an appeal or get me case took upto the big guy in a wig, most magistrates don’t even know what kinda cake they having for tea break never mind the law, they only there to brag at golf or baking club the pompous ole cnuts. Coppers an magistrates are all that’s wrong with our legal system, the crooks are far more honest imho 

Your worried about magistrates.....jock wants to chop hands off! ?

1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

Perhaps I do. As I've said with most comments, I'm not 100%. 

I have actually  said....up to to 2 years now and can commit to crown for sentencing.

Again I cleared up my point that you aren't going to get 18 month for a pack of bacon or a KitKat. With many other things coming into play and other offences maybe. 

He got 18 for taking the mick and taking it to crown ,the lad was a prolific shop lifter and his mum was a beak qnd sat on the bench in corby for years ,they should do away with magistrate courts qs alls they are is police courts who favour the prosecution, petty crimes should have fix penalty fines and everything else should go up the road to crown where at least you get a fair trial and the person passing sentence actually knows the law unlike the no nothing magistrate. 

39 minutes ago, jok said:

Stoning was before my time. I was in Riyadh in '78 and was shown a taped off area in a downtown car park where a woman had been stoned to death some years before.

Evidently a jcb dug a hole and she was put in it, then a tipper truck tipped a load of hardcore on her, then it was tarmaced over. I never heard of any stonings after that.

I saw plenty of beheadings and a few hands removed. I saw a Pakistani family executed for drug smuggling, father, mother, son and his wife.

Father and son were beheaded, mother and wife were shot.

My son saw eight men being beheaded by two executioners at one go.

weirdest thing was a doctor had to examine the body with a stethoscope, to make sure they were dead, even when the head was completely severed !

The fillipino ambulance men would run to pick up the corpses and try to beat each other to avoid getting the head end, as they would have to pick up the head and balance it on the stretcher.

Horrific ? I guess so, but those executed were murderers, rapists, paedophiles, drug dealers.......when in Riyadh, do as the Arabs do, or face the consequences.

Cheers.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I not worried about them mate. I just know to avoid them at all cost, iv been in more than 1 situation where iv been told to sit down, shut up an let the fools carry on, we take it to big court when they finish ranting an have it dealt with properly, an it was more than 2 diff briefs who told me this on diff occasions an ye know what, I sat down, let the spitefully old cnuts say there bit an let them feel good about themselves till they could get home an sack the cleaner or summat haha, took it to big boy court where the law is the rule of the day an not some dryed up old dyke who thinks she god with an arsehole sat either side ?

I know you mate an we have chatted an I think it’s great your doing it, but it’s too little far too late, them little dictator types have been around far too long to let things change, before you know it you’ll be sat between 2 drag queens if the cops are anything to go by ?

Sit down shut up ? I got 3 weeks jail for laughing in court years ago ,fcuk how can they lock ya up for laughing. 

13 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Sit down shut up ? I got 3 weeks jail for laughing in court years ago ,fcuk how can they lock ya up for laughing. 

but they did...lol

its respect....simple as that is assume they thought you were being disrespectful

4 minutes ago, TOMO said:

but they did...lol

its respect....simple as that is assume they thought you were being disrespectful

It was court day and lots of people waiting to go to court so it got noisy in the waiting area qnd outside of the court so the beaks decided they wanted silence so they could hear themselves talking about cricket ,golf or whatever they talk sbout when going out to consider what sentence to pass so they sent for police and walked each person into court and they wanted everyone to say "sorry for talking "and I laughed at them as what fcuking right have they got to tell me to be quite when I'm not even in the court but out side standing on steps ,it didn't go down well when I asked to double or quit on the 3 weeks contempt of court .

Sorry ,I'd rather choke than say it 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It is a strange system. On one hand you have got defendants who, despite swearing an oath to tell the truth, are expected to lie. And if they are caught out lying there is no additional punishment. Witnesses however can and have been jailed for lying. 

Magistrates have no legal knowledge or training and are recruited from groups of people who know little about how the people they preside over live. Judges are even further removed from the reality of life. A lot of the barristers I've come across were clowns and I met quite a few solicitors who were more bent than their clients.

But what is the alternative? Sharia law imposed by tyrant dictators and hard core religious zealots? No justice system and pay protection money to a criminal gang? I'd like to hear the alternative views of the critics. Who would they turn to if some nasty men turned up demanding cash?

Shoplifting is seen as a soft crime, like tax evasion. People don't realise that shoplifting increases the cost of living. Tax evasion increases your tax bill. Retailers add what they have stolen to their prices. So every time you buy a KitKat or Mars bar, or anything else, you pay a surcharge to make up what the retailer has lost through theft. Same with the idiots who put bricks through bus shelters. Makes the cost of public transport higher for those that use it and your council tax takes a hike. 

The system ain't perfect, but I haven't heard anyone suggest a feasible better one.

1 hour ago, Nicepix said:

It is a strange system. On one hand you have got defendants who, despite swearing an oath to tell the truth, are expected to lie. And if they are caught out lying there is no additional punishment. Witnesses however can and have been jailed for lying. 

Magistrates have no legal knowledge or training and are recruited from groups of people who know little about how the people they preside over live. Judges are even further removed from the reality of life. A lot of the barristers I've come across were clowns and I met quite a few solicitors who were more bent than their clients.

But what is the alternative? Sharia law imposed by tyrant dictators and hard core religious zealots? No justice system and pay protection money to a criminal gang? I'd like to hear the alternative views of the critics. Who would they turn to if some nasty men turned up demanding cash?

Shoplifting is seen as a soft crime, like tax evasion. People don't realise that shoplifting increases the cost of living. Tax evasion increases your tax bill. Retailers add what they have stolen to their prices. So every time you buy a KitKat or Mars bar, or anything else, you pay a surcharge to make up what the retailer has lost through theft. Same with the idiots who put bricks through bus shelters. Makes the cost of public transport higher for those that use it and your council tax takes a hike. 

The system ain't perfect, but I haven't heard anyone suggest a feasible better one.

As Churchill said " democracy isn't perfect, but it's the least worst of all the others".

Much the same for our justice system, it's not great, but it's better than the alternatives.

I was once in a debate asking what could replace democracy. I said a benevolent dictatorship, like Solomon, but the problem there is that dictators don't stay benevolent once they gain power.

Richard Littlejohns statement " power corrupts....and absolute power absolutely corrupts" is the perfect description for our politicians, judges and police, sadly.

Cheers.

• Like 5

Good luck with it Greyman i hope to god they never send for me the last time i was in crown court was when i had a run in with 3 gamekeepers' and the two coppers who were going to have to lie on oath as some evidence came forward making the 3 keeper's complete liar's i accepted the deal my barrister did with the CPS behind closed doors before the jury was sworn in  and walked free from the court thanks to the legal team from the well known Rotherham solicitor and writer of books who has now passed away the late Steve Smith. Out of the two 3 keeper's and two coppers sad as it is one of each later committed suicide later on in their lives.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Good luck with it Greyman i hope to god they never send for me the last time i was in crown court was when i had a run in with 3 gamekeepers' and the two coppers who were going to have to lie on oath as some evidence came forward making the 3 keeper's complete liar's i accepted the deal my barrister did with the CPS behind closed doors before the jury was sworn in  and walked free from the court thanks to the legal team from the well known Rotherham solicitor and writer of books who has now passed away the late Steve Smith. Out of the two 3 keeper's and two coppers sad as it is one of each later committed suicide later on in their lives.

Steve smith was my solicitor too. Great stories he use to tell with hells angels 

1 minute ago, keepdiggin said:

Steve smith was my solicitor too. Great stories he use to tell with hells angels 

Yes he could tell a tale the legal representative who went to crown with me he had to represent that nut case from Wath on Dearn who murdered his grandfather and that poor sod in a wheelchair remember him saying he had never been as scared in his life than when he was in his company for the life of me I can't remember his name.