Jury service

Have just had a letter telling me I am doing jury service in September, quick question, I was always under the impression you only got asked to do this if you were an honest and upstanding member of society without a criminal record, I however am not I have a rather colourful past and quite a long criminal record so how has this happened, is it a clerical error,have  the rules changed, or has it always been like this ????????

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you dont want to do it send a letter thanking them for choosing you as you have waited your whole life to exact revenge on drug dealers, shoplifters, blacks, muslims etc etc. You will get a letter

Do you know what, I’d f***ing loathe having to do that…..my old woman is all like “oh, that would be good” in typical woman fashion to get all the tasty tit bits. Me, I’d dread it…..I just couldn

My brother did jury duty years ago, a very old man was charged with shoplifting, he had walked out of a supermarket with a packet of bacon. As the jury deliberated , my brother said he would neve

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Have just had a letter telling me I am doing jury service in September, quick question, I was always under the impression you only got asked to do this if you were an honest and upstanding member of society without a criminal record, I however am not I have a rather colourful past and quite a long criminal record so how has this happened, is it a clerical error,have  the rules changed, or has it always been like this ????????

I put in a good word for you ;)

• Haha 1

If you dont want to do it send a letter thanking them for choosing you as you have waited your whole life to exact revenge on drug dealers, shoplifters, blacks, muslims etc etc. You will get a letter back within days excluding you from duty..........honestly works ?   

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

Record might be spent but all depends on offence and length sentence you got,I believe its ten years and most offences are spent ,

I couldn't be a part of getting another person jail unless they wrong uns qnd they need the rope  

• Like 3

Do you know what, I’d f***ing loathe having to do that…..my old woman is all like “oh, that would be good” in typical woman fashion to get all the tasty tit bits.

Me, I’d dread it…..I just couldn’t face being in there listening about some child abuse case or child molester….or maybe it would be the other way and you have to sit and watch them send down a couple of lads who are just “at it” and trying to get a living.

Either way, I’d run a mile 

• Like 5

I had arrests for affray and stuff but it never stopped me getting an FAC and a SGC, it was well in the past and the FAO said don’t worry about it…..I’d imagine if they give people like me an FAC then they let most people do jury service. 

My brother did jury duty years ago, a very old man was charged with shoplifting, he had walked out of a supermarket with a packet of bacon.

As the jury deliberated , my brother said he would never find the old boy guilty. He said the old chap may have just forgot he had the bacon, or he may have been desperate for something to eat, and either way, why should 12 people take days off work for the price of a packet of bacon ? 

Common sense prevailed, the old chap was found not guilty......what a waste of time and money.

Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3