Collie/Greyhound x Bedlington/Kelpie/Whippet/Greyhound

12 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Cracking litter of pups and would think would be the ideal mooching dog like a few others have said my lurcher day's are well and truly over and the feeling a part of me has died.

10 hours ago, Black neck said:

Don't say that ? 

Very sad, but true, for a lot of us.

We like to think, 'yeah, I'll get another for one last go", but the truth of the matter is, it's all gone pear shaped, and is NEVER gonna get any better/easier.

Sad.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, shaaark said:

Very sad, but true, for a lot of us.

We like to think, 'yeah, I'll get another for one last go", but the truth of the matter is, it's all gone pear shaped, and is NEVER gonna get any better/easier.

Sad.

We'll fight them on the beaches 

• Like 1

I understand what some lads are saying in never giving up it gets hard to carry on when age is no longer on your side and it doesn't help when you read garbage like this in the local rag where most members of the public will believe the garbage written and working lurcher ownership will be looked on as though you are scum.

20220826_110524.jpg

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I understand what some lads are saying in never giving up it gets hard to carry on when age is no longer on your side and it doesn't help when you read garbage like this in the local rag where most members of the public will believe the garbage written and working lurcher ownership will be looked on as though you are scum.

20220826_110524.jpg

Haven’t we always been looked at like that anyway.... look at the big shows terriers an lurchers pushed to near outside the venue an then a lot of them won’t even entertain a terrier or Lurcher show .... pink breeks n check shirt brigade for you ......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

Haven’t we always been looked at like that anyway.... look at the big shows terriers an lurchers pushed to near outside the venue an then a lot of them won’t even entertain a terrier or Lurcher show .... pink breeks n check shirt brigade for you ......

Not as bad as it is now mate I have previous for poaching offences with lurchers and a few incidents I was involved in with keeper's back in the day I don't think ordinary joe bloggs put me in the same category as they would today's folks doing a bit of poaching with dog's 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Not as bad as it is now mate I have previous for poaching offences with lurchers and a few incidents I was involved in with keeper's back in the day I don't think ordinary joe bloggs put me in the same category as they would today's folks doing a bit of poaching with dog's 

totally agree with you. a few months back I was on a path next to old railway cutting. little beddywhippet was on a rabbit on the embankments, a chap and his dog were approaching just as the rabbit bolted across the path. he said I was nothing but scum and he would follow me home and tell everyone what I had been doing . said it was illegal, I told him he would have a long walk, he gave up eventually, this is what it's come too. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, fred90 said:

totally agree with you. a few months back I was on a path next to old railway cutting. little beddywhippet was on a rabbit on the embankments, a chap and his dog were approaching just as the rabbit bolted across the path. he said I was nothing but scum and he would follow me home and tell everyone what I had been doing . said it was illegal, I told him he would have a long walk, he gave up eventually, this is what it's come too. 

had it a few times myself over the yrs...last person started to film me...his face was a picture when I took his phone and threw it into a massive bracken bank,cnuts still looking for it??

• Like 5
  • Haha 7
  • 2 weeks later...