Train strikes

I wasn't going to contribute to this thread, as I don't have a dog in this particular fight.

But I've literally just listened to the Labour Mayor of Manchester, Andy Burnham, being interviewed.

He blames the government 100%, as you would expect, and he said the strikers should get everything they demand.......he then said the outrageously high fares should be dramatically reduced !

Now, it doesn't take a degree in economics to see the complete folly in raising overheads while reducing income, but that's Labours position !

Im in complete support of the right to withhold your labour, but if in doing that could result in the destruction of the enterprise, then surely it's better to get round the table and thrash out a deal agreeable to all parties ?

This strike has turned into the usual Tory v Labour fight, with the workers and commuters suffering in the middle.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think what wilf is saying and what your failing to grasp is that though benifit scroungers are an 'enemy' they are so totally inconsequential, like the railworkers.....yet we are conditioned to hate

Question, how does a railwayman, a working bloke like you, getting an extra few quid effect you exactly ? And if it makes you half an hour or and hour late helping him get an extra few quid, wasn

That would be me. All the way.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Arry said:

Train driver on £40.000 the average is closer to £60.000.

Tens of thousands of rail workers are taking part in the biggest strike for decades. With inflation increasing to 11%, they want a pay rise to match the cost of living. Find out the train driver salary in the UK and what different companies pay. In 2022, the average train driver salary is £59,864/yr

Average Train Driver Salaries Per Year
  2020 2022
GWR - train driver salary - Cashfloat Great Western Railway £56,773 £60,620
SER - train driver salary - Cashfloat Southeastern Railway £53,620 £57,030
London Underground - train driver salary - Cashfloat London Underground £55,711 £59,732
Arriva group - train driver salary - Cashfloat Arriva Group £60,945 £66,677
london midland - train driver salary - Cashfloat London Midland £54,040 £55,854
virgin trains - train driver salary - Cashfloat Virgin Trains £66,231 £74,151

Try surviving on on a pension of £174 a week. Trouble is with percentages is 100% of f**k all is still f**k all. While a small percentage of a big figure is a good wedge.

Now I'm not talking about the Guys on the shovels I bet they are not on good money but the Driver's to me are taking the piss.

Cheers Arry

Now I'm not talking about the Guys on the shovels I bet they are not on good money but the Driver's to me are taking the piss.

☝️ And there you go Arry people keep bleating on about the drivers they are just a small % taking part in this industrial action this is what the government want you to think and with the media in their back pockets it’s working. 

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Occupational pension?

Nope…..I have a telephone ! Lol

Thats my pension.

Now, I have been polite enough to answer your questions, would you answer mine ? 

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

More shite. 

I dont expect anything from the State I support myself and my family.

Benefit scroungers I would put them all in a gas chamber and save the country a fortune to invest in people and businesses that work.

I think what wilf is saying and what your failing to grasp is that though benifit scroungers are an 'enemy' they are so totally inconsequential, like the railworkers.....yet we are conditioned to hate these people more than the man who agreed to pay 30 billion for a failed track and trace. Even if Adolf foxhunter managed to gas every single person on benifits the total amount saved wouldn't even cover the bill for missiles to Ukraine, never mind the aid to India alone (India that is releasing more green house gases than we ever will). It's all smoke and mirrors and the white working British male is not and never has been the problem we are led to believe , though he will always foot the bill.

I'm not seeing any riddles at all 

Our ships sinking because it's rotten below the water line...while the nation argues what colour to paint the crows nest and the mate blames the bosun.

(I guess that little metaphor was a bit of a riddle,did you like it??)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I wasn't going to contribute to this thread, as I don't have a dog in this particular fight.

But I've literally just listened to the Labour Mayor of Manchester, Andy Burnham, being interviewed.

He blames the government 100%, as you would expect, and he said the strikers should get everything they demand.......he then said the outrageously high fares should be dramatically reduced !

Now, it doesn't take a degree in economics to see the complete folly in raising overheads while reducing income, but that's Labours position !

Im in complete support of the right to withhold your labour, but if in doing that could result in the destruction of the enterprise, then surely it's better to get round the table and thrash out a deal agreeable to all parties ?

This strike has turned into the usual Tory v Labour fight, with the workers and commuters suffering in the middle.

Cheers.

An absolutely spot in post…..however, that extremely logical post only makes sense if they were in the least bit interested in balancing the books.

As we have clearly seen for, let just take the last 25 years, nobody is interested in balancing the books.

Theres plenty of money (that don’t exist) for everyone except us poor c**ts…..if every politician, their big business employers and most of the 3rd world are gorging themselves at the trough while we take a kicking, why shouldn’t ordinary blokes get some of that too mate. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, DIDO.1 said:

I think what wilf is saying and what your failing to grasp is that though benifit scroungers are an 'enemy' they are so totally inconsequential, like the railworkers.....yet we are conditioned to hate these people more than the man who agreed to pay 30 billion for a failed track and trace. Even if Adolf foxhunter managed to gas every single person on benifits the total amount saved wouldn't even cover the bill for missiles to Ukraine, never mind the aid to India alone (India that is releasing more green house gases than we ever will). It's all smoke and mirrors and the white working British male is not and never has been the problem we are led to believe , though he will always foot the bill.

Our ships sinking because it's rotten below the water line...while the nation argues what colour to paint the crows nest and the mate blames the bosun.

Brilliant, I liked it ,nicely put ?

2 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Fantastic post mate, spot on ?

Heard the other day ,during the pandemic, covid malarkey, millionaire's, and billionaire's  wealth only increased ,widening the gap between those who have and those that don't, apparently when there's blood on the ground ,invest ! 

• Like 1

The whole rail system is a joke,the gov hires the trains from three big companies at extortionate rates,but the lenders don't pay for nothing else,no matience f**k all.

It's a big scam.

I think iv changed my tune,give them there payrise but I don't think you'd get away with a strike in a building job etc why?

11 minutes ago, Francie said:

The whole rail system is a joke,the gov hires the trains from three big companies at extortionate rates,but the lenders don't pay for nothing else,no matience f**k all.

It's a big scam.

I think iv changed my tune,give them there payrise but I don't think you'd get away with a strike in a building job etc why?

Because there are tens of thousands landing at Dover just waiting to take your job.

Have a look outside any big building project in the city of London and you will see a small village of 3rd world incomers all standing around, dressed like a bottle of Sunny Delight, scratching their bollocks, dreaming of what schoolgirl they are going to rape next and directing a lorry in occasionally ! 

Never hear the media say f**k all about that do we mate.

As I said, they kick us and kiss everyone else’s arse !

Edited by WILF
12 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I love metaphors, and that was one of the best ?

I hope you don't mind if I plagiarise it and use it in the future ? ??

Cheers.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Francie said:

It's a big scam.

I may be completely wrong, but I thought the government owned the infrastructure, the lines, signalling, stations, etc, and the private companies owned the rolling stock and bid for the franchise to use the infrastructure ?

Cheers.

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

I may be completely wrong, but I thought the government owned the infrastructure, the lines, signalling, stations, etc, and the private companies owned the rolling stock and bid for the franchise to use the infrastructure ?

Cheers.

I seen a top boy in the rail chatting about it,the carts are on lease to the goverment,the leasers don't pay for matenance or not just earn big doe charts