Back stabbing work colleagues

Ive learnt over the yrs not to get to friendly with folks I work with...I tell everyone the same thing..."I'm here to earn money ,not make friends" I'm lucky now,I work for 2 lads who look after me, supply a vehicle and fuel,pay my tax and stamp,90% of the time,I work on my own,just the way I like it...I worked for this same groundworks/construction firm for 12yrs...used to see so many lads coming and going...lots would be found out and  gone by first break?stopped asking them their names,there's plenty out there who are willing to muff some arse,drop other lads in it, because they think it keeps them safe....every dog has its day....what goes around,comes around ??

• Like 10

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny enough I was just sat in my van in the car park of a large factory I,m working in having a fag, the receptionist came out to tell me someone had just came in and reported me for smoking on site,

Ive learnt over the yrs not to get to friendly with folks I work with...I tell everyone the same thing..."I'm here to earn money ,not make friends" I'm lucky now,I work for 2 lads who look after me, s

When I got measured up for a protective vest, in  those you had to choose between knife proof or bullet proof, they didn't do vests that protected from both. So when Don, the gay Italian tailor who us

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, WILF said:

I’d obviously report you to the party for re-education for being a red ! Lol ? 

If you think I'm red, you should meet my Mrs. Very gentle woman until she's provoked by politicians. Then she's scary.

• Haha 1

mid management is the perfect roll for back stabbers..

this has never really affected me as ive been self employed since I hit my 20's and pick and chose my jobs. 

but from a bloke stood looking in on work places from the outside ive never met such a shower of backstabbing incompetent shit, from personal observations id say 90% of them are or were shit at there jobs and want a title and will throw anyone below them under the bus.. they dont generally have enough balls to challenge colleagues above but will take credit for anything regardless of who actually did it. 

I was on a site years ago and there was a lad/ site engineer who was like this, he use to crawl round me for ways to sort problems out and try and impress the directors with his amazing solutions!

so I set him up with possibly the worst and completely wrong way of going about something which he promptly spouted out in-front of a full team of directors... my mate was nearly crying when he let rip with his new master plan and all the big wigs were pissin them selves as to how much of a Cnut he made himself look. 

like the old saying goes theres more than one way to skin a cat :) 

ive always told me kids its easier to set a trap for people than wild animals

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

I'm currently experiencing it all at the moment, about 6 months ago I found out that one of the helms and crew member were having an affair, to which I told them i couldn't care less it dosnt bother me and we carried on drinking in the pub having a laugh, next day I went back home to Yorkshire for a week just to return with sexual harassment complaints from the people mentioned above.... 6 months of suspension later I've been proven innocent, but still not allowed to return to my duties as the person in question keeps placing complaints and has now stated she fears incase i touch her or worse... even tho I've been proven innocent in the investigation and she was found to be lying, I was still the one punished while they were given a promotion. Crazy world we live in.

• Like 1

As kids the ol man pretty much forced me and my brother to get trades mine was joinery but i had absolutely no interest in it and quickly realised that working on sites with blokes i didnt like or trust just wasnt for me and so started looking to things i could do alone simply because when i was alone i knew i was with someone i could trust.....fortunately i made lifelong friends who had the same mindset and we went from strength to strength doing our own things but i dont think i had the traits to work hard at something i wasnt interested in so wouldnt of lasted 5 minutes in a 9 to 5.....but i can fully respect people who do.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Ive learnt over the yrs not to get to friendly with folks I work with...I tell everyone the same thing..."I'm here to earn money ,not make friends" I'm lucky now,I work for 2 lads who look after me, supply a vehicle and fuel,pay my tax and stamp,90% of the time,I work on my own,just the way I like it...I worked for this same groundworks/construction firm for 12yrs...used to see so many lads coming and going...lots would be found out and  gone by first break?stopped asking them their names,there's plenty out there who are willing to muff some arse,drop other lads in it, because they think it keeps them safe....every dog has its day....what goes around,comes around ??

That’s it mate head down arse up Iv worked wae the same lads 20 years near had our arguments and fights but we still out .... had a guy in winter putting copes on a dyke he never came back after lunch ... try not to talk to anyone on site unless I need to like you said there not yerimage.jpg.689bb4b72b690846a32735d657bc2469.jpg pals some shizen on sites nowadays glad it’s more estate work we get now

• Like 2

worked with lots of arsehole creepers, and plenty that would daub you in at the drop of hat, shit on you , and walk all over to get to the top, get them in most places where a lot of people work together, used to take them to one side and have a quiet word , when no one was about, some of them had good names on them there was whispering green grass, toe nails cause that was all you could see as he was that far up the bosses arse, another was sweet lips after a jim reeves song, cause  this arehole was always on the phone grassing somebody up,as ialways used to say if i couldnt hold   my job through graft, iwouldnt hold it through grassing folk up and creeping, at the end of the day if push come to shove they would go down the road like the rest, seen lads lives wrecked by these brown nosed scum anothe good saying used to be i see the boss has grown 4 legs whys that because such and such is running round with his head stuck up his arse, used to be all in a days work lol.

• Like 3

Guess the whole bit about back-stabbing is that it’s done behind your back so you don’t know. Had a few instances where I suspect I’ve been removed from a situation because of my mouth, but never able to prove anything.

Things have changed a lot in the 30 odd years I’ve been working. I remember guys rolling about on the floor settling ‘disagreements’…., nowadays it’d be instant dismissal if you even threatened to give someone a slap unless they wound their neck in. Seen or heard of a few lads losing long service jobs with pensions etc. because some (usually young) cnut made a complaint that they’d been ‘threatened with violence’. 
Not trying to condone violence, but I preferred the old school ways…, think people were more honest and accountable when they prospect of a fat lip lay in wait for those who got wide, or who crossed their work mates.

• Like 10
10 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

Guess the whole bit about back-stabbing is that it’s done behind your back so you don’t know. Had a few instances where I suspect I’ve been removed from a situation because of my mouth, but never able to prove anything.

Things have changed a lot in the 30 odd years I’ve been working. I remember guys rolling about on the floor settling ‘disagreements’…., nowadays it’d be instant dismissal if you even threatened to give someone a slap unless they wound their neck in. Seen or heard of a few lads losing long service jobs with pensions etc. because some (usually young) cnut made a complaint that they’d been ‘threatened with violence’. 
Not trying to condone violence, but I preferred the old school ways…, think people were more honest and accountable when they prospect of a fat lip lay in wait for those who got wide, or who crossed their work mates.

\your a man after my own heart pesky, experienced the same situations many times over the years, allways used to keep my head down and avoid the dangerous ones as much as possible,knew the right creeps to tell if you wanted something to get back to the bosses,caught lots out like that, never understood what they got out of getting ordinary working class men the sack through their sleazy under handed ways.

• Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

Be about 35yearago.. first site I worked on as an apprentice, was a big shopping centre, tower cranes the lot!

the concrete ganger who piped the conc was a big x-marine and one of the lads had a spat… they took it off site to a park near by and settled there differences.. never forget that?

was an eye opener to a young lad, a line was drawn and differences sorted

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Construction is full of knee creepers and crawlers always looking to feather their own nest and as you say they're fcukin useless, plenty so called joiners that couldn't join hands at a sing song but talk a great job 

• Like 2

Interesting hearing what many of you guys talk about regarding working on various sites. As a student i spent my summers labouring on building sites. I always found there was a constant p*ss taking of us college boys, but provided we rolled up our sleeves and were prepared to pitch in and do our bit, we were given a grudging respect we were also young and fit, "he's studying at Uni but he is prepared to do a hard days graft for a days pay", i did not see the back stabbing you guys talk about, there would be an extra 10min stop at 10am, and lunch then...we all got on with it. ....as an aside returning to college after a summer working on a building site saw us with a toned physique and tanned bodies throw in pre season rugby training as well ....first few weeks of college was fun! ?

Edited by Aled
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Aled said:

Interesting hearing what many of you guys talk about regarding working on various sites. As a student i spent my summers labouring on building sites. I always found there was a constant p*ss taking of us college boys, but provided we rolled up our sleeves and were prepared to pitch in and do our bit, we were giving a grudging respect we were also young and fit, "he's studying at Uni but he is prepared to do a hard days graft for a days pay", i did not see the back stabbing you guys talk about, there would be an extra 10min stop at 10am, and lunch then...we all got on with it. ....as an aside returning to college after a summer working on a building site saw us with a toned physique and tanned bodies throw in pre season rugby training as well ....first few weeks of college was fun! ?

You’d get piss taken just for being young it’s all part of parcel of site life?
times have changed and a young game lad would be welcome now as this new generation are just lazy thick cnuts ?

• Like 3

I worked with two men in the states years ago , sal and jimmy. Sal was about 5' 10" and about 230 pounds and easy going , he liked to smoke weed every day . Jimmy was 6'5" and about 215 pounds and would come in to work at 5 am high on coke . Jimmy had done 12 years behind the wire in NY state for manslaughter. Jimmy was working on my crew but any time Sal was working with us there was agro between them. Jimmy always started the bullshite . I was the foreman and any time  this happened ,i would tell them to shut to F--k up and get back to work. I had to take a day of work and the boss put them working together . That day i got a call about 14.00 to tell me Sal was in intensive care and the cops were looking for Jimmy .Sal recoverd and told the cops that Jimmy attacked him with a brick, but two eyewitness said there was no brick and they did not see the fight start . Jimmy said Sal attacked him and it was self defence , Jimmy was fined $1000 .  If Jimmy did not die from an overdose or got killed in a street fight , it would not surprise me if he is in a cell doing life.                                             

• Sad 2