Coonhound.

I was at a local show yesterday and got talking to a lady with a coonhound.

I didn't get a pic, but it was very much like this "stock photo";

IMG_1999.JPG.42ec1ce237ac930a22640c477f9d7638.JPG

I'd never seen one in this country before, but the lady said they are starting to get popular. Probably as pets, as I can't see much use for them in the field here.

Still, it was very interesting, to me, to see one and have a chat about it.

If they do get popular, how long before the woke lefties demand a name change ? 

Cheers.

• Like 8

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My earliest memories are of my fathers English coonhounds. We hunted from mules. These mules were bred from a pony to a jack.They could hop a fence.We hauled them in the bed of a

I was at a local show yesterday and got talking to a lady with a coonhound. I didn't get a pic, but it was very much like this "stock photo"; I'd never seen one in this country before,

Maybe  they'll lose popularity as pets if they sing. My neighbouring farm here has a few harrier types that they run with the local foot pack. When I'm walking my dogs in the the morning they (the nei

Posted Images

Been a lot mixed in to deer hunting dogs out here chartpolski. This one being a black and tan, the ones I find most interesting are called English coonhound coincidently. Think it comes from the original English foxhounds the breed came from.  

Edited by stevemac
  • Like 2
24 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I was at a local show yesterday and got talking to a lady with a coonhound.

I didn't get a pic, but it was very much like this "stock photo";

IMG_1999.JPG.42ec1ce237ac930a22640c477f9d7638.JPG

I'd never seen one in this country before, but the lady said they are starting to get popular. Probably as pets, as I can't see much use for them in the field here.

Still, it was very interesting, to me, to see one and have a chat about it.

If they do get popular, how long before the woke lefties demand a name change ? 

Cheers.

New pet faze mate till they realise that the hounds need walked miles not just a daft mile or 2 around towns

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Been a lot mixed in to deer hunting dogs out here chartpolski. This one being a black and tan, the ones I find most interesting are called English coonhound coincidently. Think it comes from the original English foxhounds the breed came from.  

Yeah, a friend of mine down there runs a mixed pack of bloodhounds and beagles on deer, and I see a few black mouth curs and their crosses being used on pigs and deer, so I guess coonhound would fit in, but there's no chance of us ever doing that sort of hunting here, unfortunately ?

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 1

Maybe  they'll lose popularity as pets if they sing. My neighbouring farm here has a few harrier types that they run with the local foot pack. When I'm walking my dogs in the the morning they (the neighbors pack) start to sing soon after daybreak. Woo oo oo woo woo. 

Edited by Maximus Ferret
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have a huge beagle pack less than 500m from me as the crow flies . 

yiu can hear them in full cry when they are getting let out , it’s quite the noise to be honest !! 

A couple on our road bought a pedigree beagle puppy a while back , you never see it getting walked , or off the lead , instead it gets crated all day and you can hear it joining it with the pack in the distance . Last I spoke they wanted to breed it . 

some people eh ? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
16 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

My earliest memories are of my fathers English coonhounds.

Screenshot_20220815-094246_Photos.jpg.f1b849fba1089fc19c9d8d7d167fe9b4.jpg

We hunted from mules.

Screenshot_20220815-094322_Photos.jpg.24f912af7fc15832def224fc69ceea52.jpg

These mules were bred from a pony to a jack.They could hop a fence.We hauled them in the bed of a pick up truck..

Screenshot_20220815-094335_Photos.jpg.7c3a10ad1965c09d05b5236cd950eabc.jpg

Mule truck in the background.I owned a coon lamp before i owned a pair of shoes lol..

Pics of pics sorry for quality.

Some good memories for you there.

• Like 1

Pal of mines moved out to Seattle few year ago some cracking hunting and fishing in the states he invited me and the mrs over few year ago and I got knocked back for a visa sure some parts of Eastern Europe must have similar types of game to the states and a Lott more accessible for most 

4 hours ago, jackthelad said:

Pal of mines moved out to Seattle few year ago some cracking hunting and fishing in the states he invited me and the mrs over few year ago and I got knocked back for a visa sure some parts of Eastern Europe must have similar types of game to the states and a Lott more accessible for most 

That flashing incident come back bit your arse 

• Haha 1