What trail camera setup are you using ?

I have had a Browning Recon Force Edge for over 2 years now and i cannot fault it. Great video and sound

and so far 100% reliable. it has been outside now non stop for the entire time running off a small 2.5ah 12v battery

which lasts a good 3 months. it has a security cable around it just in case, but no problems so far.

Always had a healthy population of hares, but the last 2 years have seen numbers jump upwards

despite 2 hare shoots.

hares everywhere

Edited by sich1
  • Like 4

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have had a Browning Recon Force Edge for over 2 years now and i cannot fault it. Great video and sound and so far 100% reliable. it has been outside now non stop for the entire time running off

Set this one today Sich1 a ltl acorn trail cam- fairly sure there's something going to show up on it! Might be a while before i pick it up though.I've another two out atm in similar spots- be great to

A fat one!

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I think its sometimes easy to leave them on familiar ground and end up seeing the same old thing....i keep saying im going to move mine to some far away land instead of whats easy.

Know what you mean. i try to move it every few weeks if nothing of interest shows up.

there are a few spots i avoid due to high animal traffic, getting 400 videos a week takes some looking through !!

one of my favourites with good sound......pair

good hunting

stu

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sich1 said:

Know what you mean. i try to move it every few weeks if nothing of interest shows up.

there are a few spots i avoid due to high animal traffic, getting 400 videos a week takes some looking through !!

one of my favourites with good sound......pair

good hunting

stu

Brilliant mate its nice when it all comes together like that,looks a good spot......looks a nice quality camera that.

I agree ploughing through a bunch of clips that dont really amount to anything is a pain i tend to average out at about 1 clip kept for every 200 i bin !

i dont keep many, just the ones that are a bit special/interesting.

always remember though......block up any holes that earwigs can get in through. i thought the lights on

the menu selector on mine were faulty....no, it was just full of earwigs ! they just love trailcams.

clever bugger

there was a snare just down that track !

• Like 1

That fox was fully aware of your camera, had you recently put it there ? A tip I can’t emphasise enough is the use of a rock or log in front the camera the more animals that stop piss and sniff the busier it gets also holds things up a bit longer 

DBF578F9-9C49-4C26-B8EC-3E4C0AF32C4D.jpeg

C3BC0168-04A4-410B-AD87-90CA267DB8DA.jpeg

D2693BAE-9503-446E-B454-3D38267F7604.jpeg

D33D4340-648B-41D4-A033-6F30B94AAF18.jpeg

87609E18-8694-4E26-91A3-53D952575333.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, sich1 said:

strange fox behaviour this, never seem it on camera before....looks like something bit it lol

jumpy fox ?

It opens your eyes to what actually goes on when we are not there have seen so many things on the trail cams it’s almost like a  sport on its own, ??

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...