Too hot to work....beach time!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Started wotk at 5-30am yesterday, its been a killer this week on the roof... finished at 1pm and buggered off to the beach .. Me and my brother treated ourselves to a jet ski a while back, busine

I,m in negotiations for another boat at the moment if it comes off daughter and grandkids will be moved on as it’s a 70 footer with multiple bedrooms house will be going on the market and I will be ja

Looks like a brilliant day Kev.  We spent the day on a lovely beach in Donegal with beautiful weather and stunning scenery. 

Posted Images

I,m in negotiations for another boat at the moment if it comes off daughter and grandkids will be moved on as it’s a 70 footer with multiple bedrooms house will be going on the market and I will be jacking for good, hopefully next year life will be a beach ?????

• Like 15
7 minutes ago, JBs Left Peg said:

Top Drawer

My pal still down there on.

Went for 10 days stayed 3 weeks as the weather forcast was so good.

Staying in Exmouth mate?

Just now, Greyman said:

I,m in negotiations for another boat at the moment if it comes off daughter and grandkids will be moved on as it’s a 70 footer with multiple bedrooms house will be going on the market and I will be jacking for good, hopefully next year life will be a beach ?????

Nice one Paul, hope it comes off for you mate... I talk to the Mrs a bit about your change of lifestyle, I'm not sure its for her, but something like that (no real ties) would suit me in the future I think...

• Like 1
Just now, NEWKID said:

Nice one Paul, hope it comes off for you mate... I talk to the Mrs a bit about your change of lifestyle, I'm not sure its for her, but something like that (no real ties) would suit me in the future I think...

No point being the richest man in the graveyard mate, time to cash in and enjoy a bit there should still be enough left for the kids when we check out I,m working with blokes in there late 60s that are putting in extra years to top up there pension pots with no guarantee they will ever cash it in last 4/5 years I’ve felt it less and less so now the family are all on board so to speak let’s roll the dice and see what happens, ??

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Greyman said:

No point being the richest man in the graveyard mate, time to cash in and enjoy a bit there should still be enough left for the kids when we check out I,m working with blokes in there late 60s that are putting in extra years to top up there pension pots with no guarantee they will ever cash it in last 4/5 years I’ve felt it less and less so now the family are all on board so to speak let’s roll the dice and see what happens, ??

I set myself to get hard at till 50 then make a decision on what me and the Mrs want to do... 

I've never minded working to be honest, I like the Craic and social its given me for the last 25 years or so... loads of lifelong friends who were apprentices for us and now run their own firms... I like that a lot..

But I'm 46 this year, not old I know, but when you are hard at it from 16, and set up on my own at 19 it takes its toll....basically I feel tired more often now!! Lol

I get exactly why you're doing what you are, I think its great if you can involve the whole family, buying this place I have is about handing on to my kids, something to get them off and running so to speak... but I don't want to be a slave to it myself, so we'll sit down in 4 or 5 years and the kids will be adults, then we can see what we all want to do... but I'm hoping that ain't me on a roof everyday or stuck in the office until I'm 70!! Lol

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, Greyman said:

can you not keep the house and rent it out and get a nice income of it and still have it as an investment 

32 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I hope that all works out for you all mate - it sounds perfect :good:

1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

Started wotk at 5-30am yesterday, its been a killer this week on the roof... finished at 1pm and buggered off to the beach ..

Me and my brother treated ourselves to a jet ski a while back, business expense as a safety craft if doing dock yard work (you know the score...?)... So we went full kit up, barbie, fishing gear, canopy.. even.got an inflatable sofa for the girls.....we were in for the long haul... lolScreenshot_20220812-225759_Gallery.jpg.b4fc9dbd0b76349435cef927fdf07e18.jpg

Geth (white van man) was 2 beaches down on the kayaks with his lad (oliver), we flipped down and took Oliver for a spin... then he started catching bass... he is a proper little angler now...

IMG-20220812-WA0009.jpg.20d3a940f170715035f9b30ee45ed945.jpg

IMG-20220812-WA0008.jpg.b3c95eb1016ca60f62f850ca35e576ad.jpg

We had a fish off the jet ski for some mackerel to chuck on the barbie... only needed half a dozen... managed that.. 

Screenshot_20220812-225836_Gallery.jpg.8a44b6bdf625ce266a4fad8dfec4702e.jpg

Got the jet ski back to my brothers (he lives in Exmouth, right above the beach)..and when we got to the camp the girls were on with the barbie...ideal!

Screenshot_20220812-225847_Gallery.jpg.f23fb753858d4f1d209801afdeb01fd7.jpg

Screenshot_20220812-225906_Gallery.jpg.71c615f1913dae3d71a5d4f14d8de469.jpg

Stayed on the beach yapping until Midnight, it was my sister in laws birthday today so great way to see it in... 

Perfect day...f**k work! Lol

Screenshot_20220812-230033_Gallery.jpg.b544b1942a9b6a0847819fa501dff51a.jpg

Screenshot_20220812-230103_Gallery.jpg.25b41d4097e488034508dab572d4867b.jpg

Screenshot_20220812-230049_Gallery.jpg.dab41aaaa71126abf7f71b95b8c2f3b5.jpg

Screenshot_20220812-230116_Gallery.jpg.a2f478d6078f7b437cadfb0db52ea464.jpg

That is a proper 'feel good' post :yes:

You're a long time dead mate and, that is an excellent way to enjoy your time here - Kudos to you for making it happen :good:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Looks stunning.  I was skimming a attick this week ?

f**k bet you were roasting mate!

I've been re sheeting a sports hall, its been unbearable, been at this game over 25 years and I honestly can't ever remember heat like this... got back on the tools for the summer as we are stacked out and struggling with labour, I've loved it to be honest.... but looking forward to a bit of cooler weather now!

Screenshot_20220813-130006_Gallery.jpg.5270e3a04f6efc135666481be5ef6b12.jpg

9 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Ahh the life’s of the rich eh ? enjoy pal you earned it, heading off ourself just now ?

??...

A canopy from go outdoors and 2nd hand jet ski...hardly Richard Branson mate!! Lol

Enjoy your day mate, sitting out of the sun for a bit, before I head off...think ill take the kayak down to a beach and have a fish...need to be water!

• Haha 1