What a sky!

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

My son follows the moon phases for his fishing, just saw him setting off to work in Chippenham, when he finishes he will drive upto  Tamworth and stay until Sunday, he’s been buzzing for days about this moon ? 

Does my misses head in; we follow pressure and moon more than anything 

59 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Oddly enough ive literally just started paying attention to it too. The high tide of a full moon is supposed to be ?

Will always be a spring tide mate, personally prefer the new moon. Find some species don't seem to feed with a bright moon

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, terryd said:

I have noticed this year 2 or 3 times the the tide before the biggest one fishes well. Hard to find patterns and when you think you got it sussed it all goes out window. Last year  best day was a cold east wind and flat sea getting knocked down by wind. Was a cracking session. No sense to it as a rule just got get out 

Always fish building tides; best raying tides imo 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I suppose it's like anything, there are maybe general rules but they're not the whole equation. How many lads have had memorable nights lamping on a windless full moon? How many signature pheasant drives go into the sun and wind?

For a lot of lads, like myself, you get out when you can and just make the most of it.

I personally believe there is favourable factors; for my type of fishing no moon, low pressure, bit of surf, water above 13° and its not very often you get them all (when we did we had 25 smalleye between 3 of us in 3 hours) so you have to look for 1 or 2 of these conditions 

2 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

I personally believe there is favourable factors; for my type of fishing no moon, low pressure, bit of surf, water above 13° and its not very often you get them all (when we did we had 25 smalleye between 3 of us in 3 hours) so you have to look for 1 or 2 of these conditions 

The most significant condition I look for is not being 200 miles away from the coast! :laugh:

• Haha 1

For freshwater and especially still water fishing, weather systems matter more then the moon.

I personally never found any correlation between the moon and gravel pit/clay pit/chalk pit fishing 

4 minutes ago, WILF said:

For freshwater and especially still water fishing, weather systems matter more then the moon.

I personally never found any correlation between the moon and gravel pit/clay pit/chalk pit fishing 

Zzzzzzzhhhhh zzzzzzzzhhhhh zzzzzhhhhh

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
28 minutes ago, WILF said:

It's probably the tide more than the moon. I wonder if that means fishing in tide-less saltwater's, like the Med, aren't really effected by the moon? :hmm:

36 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

It's probably the tide more than the moon. I wonder if that means fishing in tide-less saltwater's, like the Med, aren't really effected by the moon? :hmm:

Don’t know enough about sea angling to comment on that mate.

1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

Completely disagree, same tides on no moon and full moon and a new moon or cloud covered moon is much better imo

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Oddly enough ive literally just started paying attention to it too. The high tide of a full moon is supposed to be ?

He’s had a fair few like this and holds a few lake records almost everyone on a full moon 

A5BDF75A-4F45-4D38-BCBD-7B9D8962EC80.jpeg

• Like 2