What a sky!

30 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Some sky tonight, don't think the pics do it justice... bright pink to the east and orange to the west... stunning!

Screenshot_20220809-210234_Gallery.jpg.3d2b28d69824125172a8257d934ede75.jpg

Screenshot_20220809-210101_Gallery.jpg.7a269eb37c48c3fcf41969d065fafeff.jpg

Screenshot_20220809-205537_Gallery.jpg.2e7709203ed53ea28e0eb172643f64e3.jpg

Screenshot_20220809-210113_Gallery.jpg.6cf72653c653c2ae95547c46eedd2a99.jpg

Do you have bats kev like watching em when skys like that

23 minutes ago, twobob said:

Do you have bats kev like watching em when skys like that

Yes mate, quite a few about tonight....but when the roof needs doing....no we don't, no bats at all!! Lol

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Huge moon rise too

My son follows the moon phases for his fishing, just saw him setting off to work in Chippenham, when he finishes he will drive upto  Tamworth and stay until Sunday, he’s been buzzing for days about this moon ? 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Greyman said:

My son follows the moon phases for his fishing, just saw him setting off to work in Chippenham, when he finishes he will drive upto  Tamworth and stay until Sunday, he’s been buzzing for days about this moon ? 

Oddly enough ive literally just started paying attention to it too. The high tide of a full moon is supposed to be ?

• Like 1

I have noticed this year 2 or 3 times the the tide before the biggest one fishes well. Hard to find patterns and when you think you got it sussed it all goes out window. Last year  best day was a cold east wind and flat sea getting knocked down by wind. Was a cracking session. No sense to it as a rule just got get out 

21 minutes ago, terryd said:

I have noticed this year 2 or 3 times the the tide before the biggest one fishes well. Hard to find patterns and when you think you got it sussed it all goes out window. Last year  best day was a cold east wind and flat sea getting knocked down by wind. Was a cracking session. No sense to it as a rule just got get out 

I suppose it's like anything, there are maybe general rules but they're not the whole equation. How many lads have had memorable nights lamping on a windless full moon? How many signature pheasant drives go into the sun and wind?

For a lot of lads, like myself, you get out when you can and just make the most of it.

• Like 1