How do people find the time to run multiple dogs

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bull x lads need 3 or 4 cos they slip.trebled up and the saluki boys never know when 1 is gonna run off never be seen again

If I won the lottery I would buy a massive estate and fill it full of all sorts of game and be out with the dogs every day ….

Only have the one runner now the old dog is ritered and lives with the mother I'm out enough to give 2 dogs the graft but this bitch i got atm does the lot and extremely well and if i had another runn

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, sandymere said:

The Spanish have it that the European hare isn't a  match for the iberian version,  reckon we all have a little blinkered vision. ? a hares a hare on the right ground ?

Trouble is the run off all the while

10 minutes ago, Wideboy said:

Just like you using your dog lead single handed on a fallow buck ffs you couldn’t write it?

i seen loads a belters from the bull x brigade  from using a lead to seeing sheep not slipping until we’re 4 mile away and them running back 4 mile for there favorite quarry after cats ? part time armchair hunters type a dog ? 

1 hour ago, sandymere said:

The Spanish have it that the European hare isn't a  match for the iberian version,  reckon we all have a little blinkered vision. ? a hares a hare on the right ground ?

would love to see some English dogs over there and see if they could stop them

• Like 1

I have a mixed pack of 5. Whippet x, Brittany, JRT, GWP and running dog.

To be fair they don’t all get the same amount of work but they all get enough to keep them happy. On a fox hunting day (which is what I mainly do now) they all get used. 

I don’t include the dogs in my lifestyle, I base my lifestyle around having dogs which makes having 5 fairly simple. 

09A892FD-4FBF-4132-9618-E6B963D3E54C.jpeg

• Like 7
13 hours ago, mC HULL said:

whippet greys and bull xs stop the irish hare ? 

I've run a lot of hares over here,and when you come out with a statement like that,it proves you've never had a dog behind one,I'm not fussed what you think ,but the terrain,the ditches and everything else makes for a hard run,...it's not like open plains as you imagine,which you have developed in your mind's eye,....get over sometime with proper coursing lads and see how you do,you will be in for quiet a surprise....I've yet to see any vids of a bull x getting in to a hare and staying there,...good luck with your sport,....and stop being silly lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1