How do people find the time to run multiple dogs

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bull x lads need 3 or 4 cos they slip.trebled up and the saluki boys never know when 1 is gonna run off never be seen again

If I won the lottery I would buy a massive estate and fill it full of all sorts of game and be out with the dogs every day ….

Only have the one runner now the old dog is ritered and lives with the mother I'm out enough to give 2 dogs the graft but this bitch i got atm does the lot and extremely well and if i had another runn

Posted Images

The flip side of the lads that own multiple runners is churning out untested pups meant to catch the ear of anyone who will listen .I’d rather of gone to a yard with the one well worked bitch and pups than a yard full of whatever’s in fashion all looking fresh and clean muzzled .

For me the graft came before anything and despite the claims of some that dogs escape scars or are very clever ?I’d still like to see a few medals on a dog no matter if it’s only rabbits .A trier will pick up a few medals at some point in its career be it barbed wire or teeth .

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

The flip side of the lads that own multiple runners is churning out untested pups meant to catch the ear of anyone who will listen .I’d rather of gone to a yard with the one well worked bitch and pups than a yard full of whatever’s in fashion all looking fresh and clean muzzled .

For me the graft came before anything and despite the claims of some that dogs escape scars or are very clever ?I’d still like to see a few medals on a dog no matter if it’s only rabbits .A trier will pick up medals at some point in its career be it barbed wire or teeth .

Could just be good healers ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only have the one runner now the old dog is ritered and lives with the mother I'm out enough to give 2 dogs the graft but this bitch i got atm does the lot and extremely well and if i had another runner atm i don't think I'd even give it that much graft of im honest as don't get me wrong she's been off sore and few little niggles but that gives me time to spend doing something else. I show my dogs a hell of a lot of graft and when there fit and injury free all i seem to do is run the arse off her but the odd time she is laid up i take the time just to chill out myself. Currently the bitch I run is about 4 the terrier 10 in september and the old boy was 11 in march 20220319_143517.jpg.46f12dbafbc92f96e1c800aa5bcdd4de.jpg20170216_080031.jpg.37ff2bce5a4bf13eac1666ee28795559.jpg

IMG_20201014_175704.jpg.0d3f8139674cd261f684a19c79ec5fa4.jpg

Still get the two older ones out busting etc but serious graft for them is behind them they have earned there keep 

• Like 13
On 09/08/2022 at 18:23, socks said:

If I won the lottery I would buy a massive estate and fill it full of all sorts of game and be out with the dogs every day ….

Something I’ve thought about , nice wood cabin tucked away , fenced off veg plot some rare breed livestock running around internal gates left open and harvesting with dog or bow n arrow ?

• Like 3
55 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Something I’ve thought about , nice wood cabin tucked away , fenced off veg plot some rare breed livestock running around internal gates left open and harvesting with dog or bow n arrow ?

Sounds good to me mate, Ive started getting a scratch card every month.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Some one some were will be doing it lads if only a few like minded foke could get on the same page the land is out there for the buying and threving on.not for the faint hearted lol as they would say in the country man's weekly

• Like 1
11 hours ago, foxdropper said:

For me the graft came before anything and despite the claims of some that dogs escape scars or are very clever ?I’d still like to see a few medals on a dog no matter if it’s only rabbits .A trier will pick up a few medals at some point in its career be it barbed wire or teeth .

Agree 100% if a dog does teeth regularly it doesn't matter how clever it is or whatever, it's going to get battle scars. 

• Like 1

Hard to believe but the rabbiters of old here used to order dogs 100 at a time. With snake bite, broken limbs and spines and no medical care, the dogs lives were short. They hunted 7 days a week. These days in most places you are lucky to get 100 rabbits in a year and two dogs is enough.

• Like 3