How do people find the time to run multiple dogs

Seen alot of people with 4/5/6 dogs how do you ever get the time to run and work them all  I've got 1 and that's good enough for me to keep fit and lamp 3 4 times a week in the winter I've had 2 before but just couldn't find the runs or the time for both so once they got older and I got fresh stock I just stuck with keeping 1 dog now

• Like 3

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bull x lads need 3 or 4 cos they slip.trebled up and the saluki boys never know when 1 is gonna run off never be seen again

If I won the lottery I would buy a massive estate and fill it full of all sorts of game and be out with the dogs every day ….

Only have the one runner now the old dog is ritered and lives with the mother I'm out enough to give 2 dogs the graft but this bitch i got atm does the lot and extremely well and if i had another runn

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, the lamping ferreter said:

Seen alot of people with 4/5/6 dogs how do you ever get the time to run and work them all  I've got 1 and that's good enough for me to keep fit and lamp 3 4 times a week in the winter I've had 2 before but just couldn't find the runs or the time for both so once they got older and I got fresh stock I just stuck with keeping 1 dog now

Alright till u get 1 banged up.like 

• Like 6
24 minutes ago, Borr said:

I struggle to find time for one , so she's a pet/worker lol. If I won the lottery...... I'd sack dogs off altogether ?

If I won the lottery I would buy a massive estate and fill it full of all sorts of game and be out with the dogs every day ….

• Like 15

Decent trained dogs can be run singly off slip. Used to do that very thing when I was younger and there were rabbits about .Mother and daughter .

Does no one ever work dogs off slip anymore to heel .Train one you can train another .Jealous retrieves we’re a thing but soon got over that if you keep on top the spare dog .
Times I’ve been out with people who’s dogs are doing somersaults when it ain’t their turn .Very amateur .

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, the lamping ferreter said:

I feel like I had more time when I was a teenager I still find the tome for the 1 dog but how people juggle work home life ect and 3-6/7 dogs is beyond me 

They don’t mate ,it’s a front you learn to spot .Same  as terriers .

You can only work a brace proper or your kidding yourself they are working .
These big leashes you see at shows say a lot about the owner ,feck all about the dogs .

• Like 6
10 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Decent trained dogs can be run singly off slip. Used to do that very thing when I was younger and there were rabbits about .Mother and daughter .

Does no one ever work dogs off slip anymore to heel .Train one you can train another .Jealous retrieves we’re a thing but soon got over that if you keep on top the spare dog .
Times I’ve been out with people who’s dogs are doing somersaults when it ain’t their turn .Very amateur .

My dogs tried chewing the glass on a moter window to try and get out when it's slightly down hate to no what he would do off lead no chance ?

9 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

They don’t mate ,it’s a front you learn to spot .Same  as terriers .

You can only work a brace proper or your kidding yourself they are working .
These big leashes you see at shows say a lot about the owner ,feck all about the dogs .

No you can't work a full pack of lurchers you could terriers bushing and a couple lurcher day time if that's your game but not lamping 

2 minutes ago, the lamping ferreter said:

My dogs tried chewing the glass on a moter window to try and get out when it's slightly down hate to no what he would do off lead no chance ?

No offence mate but that’s your fault not the dogs .

• Like 1
1 minute ago, the lamping ferreter said:

No you can't work a full pack of lurchers you could terriers bushing and a couple lurcher day time if that's your game but not lamping 

Without offending anyone mate bushing can be done with a pack of chihuahuas and isn’t work of any kind .