Couple of nights out

Alright everyone thought I would share my last 2 days out with you.

So I was out Sunday night on the farm with my magpie decoy and a bag of rubbish that I use with the decoy I am literally trying everything for these magpies they are gone soon as I see them, they are that good I only come home with a woodpigeon.the night came to an end when the neibouring farms wheat field had caught fire. I phoned the firebrigade and gave them the what3words location.

Night number 2 was last night this time I brought the magpie decoy and a plastic bottle rapped in tinfoil, bingo one magpie in about 15 mins of being there. I now no I need some camoflage netting to sit under as the magpies were landing k  the fence next to me and flying off so lesson learned. That's it for now good luck everyone ? 

20220807_191622.jpg

20220808_193239.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cometa300s said:

It's was to attract the magpies along with the decoy ?

I used to use a few chicken eggs,make shift nest (like you do for a Larsen trap when you need a call bird)and 2/3 decoys....or  sometimes the owl decoy?

if you can get or make a little portable blind/hide you will up your chances,also using a face mask/net??

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I used to use a few chicken eggs,make shift nest (like you do for a Larsen trap when you need a call bird)and 2/3 decoys....or  sometimes the owl decoy?

if you can get or make a little portable blind/hide you will up your chances,also using a face mask/net??

That is my next purchase a blind ? I have a face mask and gloves but it was just too hot yesterday thanks mate ?

9 minutes ago, cometa300s said:

That is my next purchase a blind ? I have a face mask and gloves but it was just too hot yesterday thanks mate ?

I got a 2 piece realtree mesh suit with zip up mozzy face mask built into it,ideal, I just chuck it over what ever I'm wearing,gonna go out for an HR before dark later,couple for the ferretsDSC_2733.JPG.03cbf657151ee0dcbd98c70e576e98c8.JPG?

The pink in the background DC 

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

I got a 2 piece realtree mesh suit with zip up mozzy face mask built into it,ideal, I just chuck it over what ever I'm wearing,gonna go out for an HR before dark later,couple for the ferretsDSC_2733.JPG.03cbf657151ee0dcbd98c70e576e98c8.JPG?

The pink in the background DC .Not dressing up in it for bedroom olympics are you .

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

My ferrets are loving me at the min haha ??

3 hours ago, foxdropper said:

The pink in the background DC 

The pink in the background DC .Not dressing up in it for bedroom olympics are you .

Naaa it's his new camo gear 

Duvet cover my ass 

??????

Atvbjimmy ???

• Haha 1