Enough is enough

36 minutes ago, mackem said:

How come no one has respect for each other anymore, even just a little? 

He's not been on here in a while now but imo one of the most 'evolved' debaters this site has seen is Chris Jones. Rarely would he lose his respectful tone with an opponent. I really admire it. I believe it shows a level of maturity and mental strength/endurance that for most us doesn't survive 'first contact'.

Tbf you're very good at it too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know its cool to jump on the "cost of living" bandwagon but I'm not that old and I can remember as a kid not having central heating and a coal fire in the front room only. Dad used to know the coal

40 years ago we didn't have £50 a month mobile phone contracts. We didn't have Amazon Prime, Netflix, Apple, Sky monthly contracts. We didn't have a new car every two years on lease. We

I know a few lads,work away in the week,come home on the weekends and do £250 plus on the whiff? obviously buying it through the week as well...Mrs asking them where's all the coin? I worked away for

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

He's not been on here in a while now but imo one of the most 'evolved' debaters this site has seen is Chris Jones. Rarely would he lose his respectful tone with an opponent. I really admire it. I believe it shows a level of maturity and mental strength/endurance that for most us doesn't survive 'first contact'.

Chris is a decent bloke to be honest, always came across as a cool geezer.Its nice to be nice, it's not difficult mate,we are all adults. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

He is that bloke in real life too mate, only met him once at Lowther but what a nice man ?

And believe me, he is a big old unit and if he wanted to be not nice he could be but he wares it well and is decent company.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WILF said:

He is that bloke in real life too mate, only met him once at Lowther but what a nice man ?

And believe me, he is a big old unit and if he wanted to be not nice he could be but he wares it well and is decent company.

It came across. He's a lad I'd quite liked to have met at some point if the opportunity ever arose.

1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

It came across. He's a lad I'd quite liked to have met at some point if the opportunity ever arose.

Absolutely, one of those people you meet fleetingly but you know you’d have been pals.

Stiffmiester knows him too, it bringing a smile to my face as I type this because it was one of those days in the decent company of men who ain’t idiots and have f**k all to prove…..just a really nice, funny and stimulating day. 
Other than Fellman was there to lower the tone ! Lol ? 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, mackem said:

How come no one has respect for each other anymore, even just a little? 

Respect for yourself and those around you has been a silly, old fashioned, small minded, little Englander concept for 25 years now mate……go figure 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, WILF said:

@Born Hunter I’ll tell you another one mate who is the same, Bosun ;) 

What a nice lad ?

I could rattle off a few that come across as similarly self confident and, as you put it, not needing to prove anything. Bosun is certainly one. :thumbs: Thing with Chris though was that he was usually balls deep in the sort of threads on here that are absolutely odds on to go sideways, but he would keep his composure no matter how mental they got. A lot of the other decent lads just keep out of it. Which is a shame, but was what was defining for me.

I remember years ago Bosun calling out a bit of a hero of mine, Ranulph Fiennes, for being an anti. I wasn't having it and we respectfully disagreed. I think it happened a few times. A few years roll on and my 'idol' is publicly petitioning to get one of my closest mates a custodial sentence! :laugh: Fair fucks to Bosun, he was absolutely bang on.

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I could rattle off a few that come across as similarly self confident and, as you put it, not needing to prove anything. Bosun is certainly one. :thumbs: Thing with Chris though was that he was usually balls deep in the sort of threads on here that are absolutely odds on to go sideways, but he would keep his composure no matter how mental they got. A lot of the other decent lads just keep out of it. Which is a shame, but was what was defining for me.

I remember years ago Bosun calling out a bit of a hero of mine, Ranulph Fiennes, for being an anti. I wasn't having it and we respectfully disagreed. I think it happened a few times. A few years roll on and my 'idol' is publicly petitioning to get one of my closest mates a custodial sentence! :laugh: Fair fucks to Bosun, he was absolutely bang on.

My personal way is to talk properly with people who want to talk properly and if they don’t, then we just do the other thing……that’s a pretty decent lesson for life as well I have found.

Most of the shit in here is completely accidental too because people do t take a second to consider what is actually being said by the poster…..they react instead of thinking about it.

• Thanks 1
Just now, Gallagher79 said:

Has Fiennes gone down in your estimations then or not?

It doesn't bother me in the slightest that some people are against hunting for sport truth be told, I can accept their point of view if they are sensible about it.

As an adventurer, no. As someone I'd have liked to spend time with, probably yes. I defended Fiennes as not being an anti, and I was wrong.

I've spent time in the company, and got along with, other out right anti's, not necessarily the active sabing/monitoring types, but flag flying vegan/anti types. But to say it doesn't lowering someone's standing in my eye's would probably be a lie. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Gallagher79 said:

It doesn't really for me as I can sort of understand their point of view as I do feel disgusted when I see something like a tiger being hunted and killed, maybe that's a result of me knowing how endangered they are but the emotion is there nevertheless.

For me it's all about the context as I wouldn't bat an eyelid for many species, very hypocritical but the truth.

I also cringe when I see the constant battle between predators and humans in Africa & Asia but thinking rationally, would we be any different if apex predators were roaming our lands, I doubt it, we would come first every time.

It's just not that complicated for me. I totally understand the anti/vegan view and I thoroughly enjoy being thrust amongst a load of them who can hold a respectful conversation. I don't think less of them for their views. But that man has actively tried to ruin my mates life as a result of his views. And again I get his reasoning and if the shoe was on the other foot I'd probably agree with him. But that's 'shots fired' in a personal situation. When that happens you have to pick your side.

I could still very happily sit down with the great man himself and have a good natter. But I'd be lying if I said I felt the same need to do that now as what I did before.

9 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Not really mate no it was no different to any other male dominated environments some could some couldnt but it was never really about whether you could fight or not it was about whether you was willing to stand your ground regardless of the odds against you.......it was all a load of old bollocks looking back but it did teach boisterous young lads a little bit about integrity and suchlike....hence some lads took part and other lads stood and observed from a safe distance :whistling:

?you can’t fault the lads that couldn’t but stayed like you say shows there character 

no different when younger different estates and schools etc fighting part of growing up better then now all scared to get a hiding rather pull a knife 

9 hours ago, dytkos said:

IMO, the London lads were at it a lot more than others because of the amount of clubs in the area that use the tube and must have met other fans on a weekly basis when going to matches. Pre - surveillance Britain.

Cheers, D.

like you say plenty a clubs doted about compared to elsewhere 

9 minutes ago, Gallagher79 said:

You thinking of getting the stone island gear back out the wardrobe mate?

He is a Plymouth Argyle fan, walks to the match and home again every Saturday ! 

• Haha 4