Enough is enough

1 minute ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Never worked 12 hours a day 6 days a week ffs

Still had loads of time with the family and hobbies 

i have 12 days running 2 days home a fortnight  4 a month 12 hour days 

so i must have more self respect then you then ? 

• Haha 2

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know its cool to jump on the "cost of living" bandwagon but I'm not that old and I can remember as a kid not having central heating and a coal fire in the front room only. Dad used to know the coal

40 years ago we didn't have £50 a month mobile phone contracts. We didn't have Amazon Prime, Netflix, Apple, Sky monthly contracts. We didn't have a new car every two years on lease. We

I know a few lads,work away in the week,come home on the weekends and do £250 plus on the whiff? obviously buying it through the week as well...Mrs asking them where's all the coin? I worked away for

Posted Images

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Also the Mrs should work too, my wife always has instead of sitting on their fat arse on Instagram all day ?

Why should they ??

My missus ain't worked on the payroll for 22yrs..yes she works..looking after the house and bringing up 3 lads..

I would much prefer her doing that than working..

Back in the day the man worked the wife stayed at home..most people from that generation turned out as decent sorts..

A higher % of today's young adults have zero manners..they are even stabbing each other to death..such crimes were a lot rarer back in the day..

Ask yourself why..

• Like 2

I could personally say that my misses holds my house and life together . 

all this stay at home nonsense didn’t work for us . It’s a big ask for a girl whose worked from 15 to wrap it all in at 32 to look after the kids and sit and scrimp and save . Both ours went to nursery , we lived within our means but it wasn’t enough . Not sure if anyones brought up kids lately but it’s a dear doo , with clothes , days out etc but what are you meant to do ? 

Let them go about like urchins ? 
Keep them in the house all day ?

I’ve seen kids of 16 going round in f***ing Dora the explorer tracksuits and play kerbie all summer . How can you look your kids in the eye from your 70” telly giving them a childhood like that ? 

unless your putting 50k a year away , you need 2 wages . My misses knocks her pan in with the kids in the week and does a full time job .  I’m back at weekends and pick up the slack to let her crack on. 

A man once told me a long time ago price is what you pay , value is what you get . 

you certainly get value looking at your kids and misses dressed up tidy , hair done , looking semi respectful when you go about . You get value half hour later when they’re in a river chest high , throwing stones , you get value looking back at photos and then saying “ that was a good day dad” or “remember when we did this mam “ . 

you don’t get value watching Netflix on the buggest telly in the street or going to school in the biggest chuckied motor or act afraid to do anything as your mortgaged into your life . 

life’s not about forward planning but r organising anything , it’s about ducking about , have a crack with people you live and like . I might not leave them with millions apiece , but at least when I’m getting fired in the deck , I only hope my little uns say “ we had fun when we were little “ 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

all this stay at home nonsense didn’t work for us . It’s a big ask for a girl whose worked from 15 to wrap it all in at 32 to look after the kids and sit and scrimp and save . Both ours went to nursery , we lived within our means but it wasn’t enough . Not sure if anyones brought up kids lately but it’s a dear doo , with clothes , days out etc but what are you meant to do ? 

I’ve seen kids of 16 going round in f***ing Dora the explorer tracksuits and play kerbie all summer . How can you look your kids in the eye from your 70” telly giving them a childhood like that ? 

unless your putting 50k a year away , you need 2 wages . My misses knocks her pan in with the kids in the week and does a full time job .  I’m back at weekends and pick up the slack to let her crack on. 

A man once told me a long time ago price is what you pay , value is what you get . 

you certainly get value looking at your kids and misses dressed up tidy , hair done , looking semi respectful when you go about . You get value half hour later when they’re in a river chest high , throwing stones , you get value looking back at photos and then saying “ that was a good day dad” or “remember when we did this mam “ . 

you don’t get value watching Netflix on the buggest telly in the street or going to school in the biggest chuckied motor or act afraid to do anything as your mortgaged into your life . 

life’s not about forward planning but r organising anything , it’s about ducking about , have a crack with people you live and like . I might not leave them with millions apiece , but at least when I’m getting fired in the deck , I only hope my little uns say “ we had fun when we were little “ 

Fuxking spot on

Me and mine; misses, kids and mates and there's are all rarely home. You'll find us up rivers, on beaches, down the woods or anywhere outside upto who knows what but you'll rarely find us at home 

8 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Who's the robot now ????

Never needed to work such shit hours ?

? no self respect ? ? 

when i’ve done this for 6 month it’s allowed me to as i want for the autumn winter and not have to worry is so it agian if need be but there’s working to live and living to work  they are completely different 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Very good post mate... 

6 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

we have kids and ourlass likes to go to work 

but me little 6 year old is definitely a street urchin out and about in and out

differnet  a gardens all day ? 

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

we have kids and ourlass likes to go to work 

but me little 6 year old is definitely a street urchin out and about in and out

differnet  a gardens all day ? 

Your misunderstanding that mate . I bet he don’t go about in half masts and Asda trainers whilst you sit watching the horses though ??

34 minutes ago, JBs Left Peg said:

Charts easy to say once retired but kids nowdays will struggle to get on the property ladder and that’s wrong.

Anyone willing to go to work 40 hours per week should be able to afford their own home and when the system is fixed to stop that then the system is broke .

I never mentioned getting on the property ladder ?

Im talking about living within our means.

I agree it's extremely difficult to get onto the property ladder, but I know plenty of 30-40 year olds, including relatives, who have maxed out credit cards, overdrafts, up to their eyes in debt, just to have the latest iPhone and a new leased motor.

Their priorities seem to be live for today, "keep up with the Jones's ".

My priority would be to live within my means and save up the deposit for a mortgage.

But each to their own.....I choose my path, it may not be the path others choose.

Cheers.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Your misunderstanding that mate . I bet he don’t go about in half masts and Asda trainers whilst you sit watching the horses though ??

no mate all nike haurachi and air force ? 

i was a f****r and useless with the horses when younger  i wouldn’t dare now ?

was scarbourgh at weekend not in car she wanted to go on a train kids  

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

no mate all nike haurachi and air force ? 

i was a f****r and useless with the horses when younger  i wouldn’t dare now ?

was scarbourgh at weekend not in car she wanted to go on a train kids  

Were at Scarborough at weekend and going London on train next month . . Boy  is proper excited 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Were at Scarborough at weekend and going London on train next month . . Boy  is proper excited 

she loved the train and the speed boat my memorys as a kid  at scarbourough was getting dragged up and down the hills and getting sunstroke ?