Enough is enough

Just now, chartpolski said:

40 years ago we didn't have £50 a month mobile phone contracts.

We didn't have Amazon Prime, Netflix, Apple, Sky monthly contracts.

We didn't have a new car every two years on lease.

We cooked our own dinners, we didn't have them delivered by Just Eat.

We would get a bus, not an Uber.

Absolutely nothing wrong with any of the above, but if you are going to live above your means, don't blame the government.........blame yourself.

Does anyone take personal responsibility anymore ?

Cheers.

Thank you! It’s so easy and lazy to blame the government for everything. We have cultural burdened ourselves with the highest standard of living, welfare and rights.

Damanding the government do something will result in an ideologue full of empty promises and sound bites utterly ruining us. “Can’t get any worse!” I hear, Yeah alright.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know its cool to jump on the "cost of living" bandwagon but I'm not that old and I can remember as a kid not having central heating and a coal fire in the front room only. Dad used to know the coal

40 years ago we didn't have £50 a month mobile phone contracts. We didn't have Amazon Prime, Netflix, Apple, Sky monthly contracts. We didn't have a new car every two years on lease. We

I know a few lads,work away in the week,come home on the weekends and do £250 plus on the whiff? obviously buying it through the week as well...Mrs asking them where's all the coin? I worked away for

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Talking rubbish again , I'm not a robot just a decent hardworking person , pity many more dont follow suit.

I have no debt and dont rely on benefits.

40 years ago people lived within their means too ,if you couldn't afford it you went without not like the modern society that want everything immediately. 

I am sick of hearing all the sob stories , we are all in the same boat at the minute but I will have to survive on my savings where others expect handouts......parasites.

it doesn’t bother me one bit people playing the system life isn’t for working none stop coming home eating wash bed repeat for 50 year they maybe have more between the ears then we give them credit for 

• Like 1
Just now, mC HULL said:

it doesn’t bother me one bit people playing the system life isn’t for working none stop coming home eating wash bed repeat for 50 year they maybe have more between the ears then we give them credit for 

I take it you are a benefit scrounger with no self respect.

2 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Thank you! It’s so easy and lazy to blame the government for everything. We have cultural burdened ourselves with the highest standard of living, welfare and rights.

Damanding the government do something will result in an ideologue full of empty promises and sound bites utterly ruining us. “Can’t get any worse!” I hear, Yeah alright.

so who to blame in the 60s for 12k get you a mansion that’s like 200k in todays money that house will be 3m 

1 minute ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I take it you are a benefit scrounger with no self respect.

i’ve never signed on in me life wouldn’t know we’re to start but i don’t give a fack what the next man does or want a pat on the back because i’ve worked hard what does self respect have to do with it?

8 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

eeh eh, i remember those days, ive always worked and provided fer my lady, n 2 kiddies, ford cortina at the front door, holidays every year, nowt like age packet in your fist at the end of a working week, did a spell down the pits of lancashire,     Sandhole, n mosley common, i could go on, but im fillin up here, in shelterd  housing waiting go on socks list  :yahoo:

i speak to plenty of old timers and they all say you lads today don’t stand a chance then proceed to say how easy you got a house bought back then and how quick it was paid off 

3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i’ve never signed on in me life wouldn’t know we’re to start but i don’t give a fack what the next man does or want a pat on the back because i’ve worked hard what does self respect have to do with it?

Self respect is what decent hardworking people have whereas benefit parasites dont have much purpose in life.

8 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Welfare state should be a safety net not a fckn lifestyle choice, there are 3rd generation scrounging c@nts in my village, live like fckn animals no self respect and no respect for anyone or anything, pure scum

would they be like that if the pits  etc were still open and if there happy living like that why does it bother you 

Edited by mC HULL
1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

right so the purpose a life is to work hard ? 

If you have any self respect .

You work to give yourself a better life instead of moaning about not getting enough Universal credit, free school meals and living on a shit council estate with all the other misfits in society. 

• Haha 1

If you have any self respect .

You work to give yourself a better life instead of moaning about not getting enough Universal credit, free school meals and living on a shit council estate with all the other misfits in society. 

? and become a knob head like yourself ? 

none a that matters were we are going all that matters is how much time you had free to do as you want and spend it with the family 

working 12 hours 6 days a week for materialistic things definitely isn’t the way 

• Like 2

I also think a lot of it is to do with intelligence. 

Uneducated people cant see the benefit of work....both physically and mentally. 

educated  people do little work they have the robots doing it for them mate you aren’t earning money until your not working for it 

• Sad 1
Just now, mC HULL said:

? and become a knob head like yourself ? 

none a that matters were we are going all that matters is how much time you had free to do as you want and spend it with the family 

working 12 hours 6 days a week for materialistic things definitely isn’t the way 

Never worked 12 hours a day 6 days a week ffs

Still had loads of time with the family and hobbies 

1 hour ago, WILF said:

I think more mums should stay at home, society would be better for it.

We have seen how having to have 2 people working has worked out haven’t we ;) 

My Mrs went part time, self employed when we had the kids... my mum had them on Friday and I dragged them to football on a Saturday when she worked... we were keen for them to have mum around until they started school, I had to work away a lot to make the money we needed, but that's life... I'm completely for pre school kids being brought up by the parents and not shoved in a nursery from morning to night, only my opinion but I think helping financially this system is surely positive to the youngsters...

• Like 2