Agent Provocateur .

Reading about conspiracy theories on here got me thinking about the chap in the picture wearing a kilt his name was supposedly Bill Ross  jumbo we called him at the pit who started a year or two before the strike after coming down from Scotland who got involved with the union and was very vocal in the strike . I worked with him and even asked him if he fancied a nights poaching which he declined i had him around my house once showing him the dog's and other things used for taking pheasants at night ie guns. Shortly after the strike he just did a midnight flit one night and just disappeared from the village of Maltby its come to light in a few various circles he was a government plant. Would these assumptions be plausible that the government of the time would put people in these positions to spy on the working class.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Reading about conspiracy theories on here got me thinking about the chap in the picture wearing a kilt his name was supposedly Bill Ross  jumbo we called him at the pit who started a year or two before the strike after coming down from Scotland who got involved with the union and was very vocal in the strike . I worked with him and even asked him if he fancied a nights poaching which he declined i had him around my house once showing him the dog's and other things used for taking pheasants at night ie guns. Shortly after the strike he just did a midnight flit one night and just disappeared from the village of Maltby its come to light in a few various circles he was a government plant. Would these assumptions be plausible that the government of the time would put people in these positions to spy on the working class.

I think that was common special branch practice at that time mate.

For a minute when I seen the title I thought it was about the knicker shop, it bought back nasty memories of nipping in to get my wife a present and coming out about £200 lighter for a bra and pair of pants !! Lol ? 

• Haha 5
4 minutes ago, WILF said:

For a minute when I seen the title I thought it was about the knicker shop, it bought back nasty memories of nipping in to get my wife a present and coming out about £200 lighter for a bra and pair of pants !! Lol ? 

He was one of them character's you bump into in life and remember this was nearly 40 years ago i few lads just thought he was a billy bull shitter when he claimed to have had a book on poetry published i know for a fact he used to attend poetry reading gigs and once claimed the Scottish comedian Billy Connelly was going to sue him for using his material.

I just watched a tv series on this a local lad went rouge and took off to the woods with a crossbow and started killing a few folk from the area and they thought he had sussed out the undercover moles from the strike . Turned out he was just killing random folk but there was 6 undercover police placed during the strike 

For the life of me i cant remember what it was called probably come to me tonight LOL 

33 minutes ago, The one said:

I just watched a tv series on this a local lad went rouge and took off to the woods with a crossbow and started killing a few folk from the area and they thought he had sussed out the undercover moles from the strike . Turned out he was just killing random folk but there was 6 undercover police placed during the strike 

For the life of me i cant remember what it was called probably come to me tonight LOL 

Sherwood i watched it recently.

3 hours ago, WILF said:

I thought it was about knickers as well pmsl 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I had some dealings with ‘operation wild boar ‘ back in the 80’s, undercover plod infiltrating Leeds service crew, running around the country with them and getting in a few rucks..some of those lads got 4 years for a bit of nothing really :no:

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Still happening in many walks of life mate, wasn’t there a big ho ha a while back over some undercover plod at green ham common getting a few protesters up the duff before vanishing ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, bell said:

I had some dealings with ‘operation wild boar ‘ back in the 80’s, undercover plod infiltrating Leeds service crew, running around the country with them and getting in a few rucks..some of those lads got 4 years for a bit of nothing really :no:

f**k me that sounds absolutely trivial as f**k . Sorry mate for laughing 

4 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

f**k me that sounds absolutely trivial as f**k . Sorry mate for laughing 

No worries mate, if it had been Rangers or Uncle Wilfs mighty Hammers you would have been all over it :thumbs:

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, bell said:

Were you a "Hooligan" Bell? 

5 minutes ago, bell said:

No worries mate, if it had been Rangers or Uncle Wilfs mighty Hammers you would have been all over it :thumbs:

That’s at least believable to be fair . The idea that lads were getting four years for Fighting at football games with the op targeted at Leeds fans specifically seems like a sieve saving a sinking ship . What a f***ing pointless occupation they pursue . 

• Like 2