Cockers

Few of my cockers the Black and Tan bitch is 16 months old and coming on great her father is a pool green gun dog and mother is out of moel famau priorsmeadow Berillo  hunting well and retrieves superb 

choc roan dog pup is 15 weeks old and out of a pool green bitch to ftch kiltenbeck cooper 

first cockers I’ve had and the great little hunting dogs 

FAE654C2-E4D0-46BA-92A7-3C939A01707C.png

488C0FFA-2609-490F-BE43-19D7C7C4C0AF.jpeg

DF26A7D1-5014-40F9-A1D4-AF3EF649438C.png

25542661-62B8-4AE0-8DC7-E11E4CA0DF9B.png

497F2F04-1F22-44FA-9A86-860A5F1B9573.png

0E8D54BE-964C-487A-924F-929C530092E2.png

• Like 13

I've gone over from terriers to cockers, not quite got the killer drive but a joy to run and so easy. Mine love to find deer and give tongue readily (won't ever make ftch!) which suits me, they are from top of the line stock so the trait shouldn't be?? 

8 minutes ago, Dennis up said:

I've gone over from terriers to cockers, not quite got the killer drive but a joy to run and so easy. Mine love to find deer and give tongue readily (won't ever make ftch!) which suits me, they are from top of the line stock so the trait shouldn't be?? 

IMO they're a breed prone to yipping, no matter the breeding. Again, just my opinion, but because of this steadiness work early on is important to avoid it.

But I'm certainly not chasing trophies and would prefer a dog overly steady than overly driven. Having a pup out around chucks at 8 weeks and at 6-8 months walking poults back teaches them a lot about self control.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

You can see the crazy in that choc roan. :laugh:

I love the cockers. They're a good fit for me, personally.

You got into a cocker … Fukcing pervert. 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

IMO they're a breed prone to yipping, no matter the breeding. Again, just my opinion, but because of this steadiness work early on is important to avoid it.

But I'm certainly not chasing trophies and would prefer a dog overly steady than overly driven. Having a pup out around chucks at 8 weeks and at 6-8 months walking poults back teaches them a lot about self control.

Yeah I can see that that would help, I'm only after a good Bush dog that will push anything and everything out to the runners so the steady gundog part is not that important to me. As long as they come in when called and are stock steady I'm happy for them to get on with the job, the noise is actually a bonus. Mute terriers were an issue for us, who'd have thought the solution was a mental cocker ?

• Like 1

One of my bitches, lovely tiny little thing. a year old off a dog called crowdyslack slinky of costapakit ? to one of my older bitches lesburn ibex. 

Have a look at the ukcockerspanieldatabase, great site with lots of ancestry info on your dogs lineage. 

IMG_20220805_092818_edit_208451657542149.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1