Reliving my youth

1 hour ago, FLATTOP said:

Is that a 250 super dream in the rear of the pic ?, I had a VFR 750 was a good bike to ride lots of momentum and grunt and then I discovered Ducati Monsters I think my Monster ownership spanned over a decade I loved them I miss having a bike haven’t had one for just over a year in a lifetime of always having one about. 

I test rode a 750 vfr years a go but I had an sp1 at the time and it just felt slow ( everything felt slow after the sp ) 

Yer its my cozens 1982 cb250 he's been all over on it 

• Like 1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My brother turned up today, he’d got rid of one of his gsxr track bikes and took a 1995 KLR650 in part ex, anyway his missus went mad because she told him to get rid of a couple of bikes, not swap one

This is mine a Honda xl 600 lmf 1984 so will be tax and mot exempt in couple of years nice for bopping around the back lanes

rebuilt this 2 yrs ago for my 10 yr old,Honda xr80r 1988...bomb proof, nephews all had new crf's same time...they all broke...fixed and sold on,they got jetskis now instead ?

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, vfr400boy said:

I test rode a 750 vfr years a go but I had an sp1 at the time and it just felt slow ( everything felt slow after the sp ) 

Yer its my cozens 1982 cb250 he's been all over on it 

Yeh the Sp1 was a bit special, I used to own the Honda 250 before that the Honda G5 funny powder blue colour it was a big old bus but solid engine as a youngster I used to fly through the Blackwall tunnel flat out on it just nudging a ton ? no silly cameras back then.

• Haha 1

FB_IMG_1597260640129.jpg.bd1258736f5e05ea92e639303806d136.jpg

1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

A mate put a lowering link in his, he's a midget as well. Lol. 

I put talon ones in mine eventually but not after a few mistakes in setting off and stopping ?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Had a DRZ 400e myself, loved that bike and its the one I truly regret parting with. 

I wish I hadn’t sold mine, very easy bike to ride and a lot of fun, I think I sold it for about 1000 quid, definitely be worth more than that now, I had a road legal Suzuki RMX 250 and that was a mental bike to ride on the road, in the end I took all the road gear off it and just used it off road before I killed myself, I think that was an early 90’s, it was a grey import on a Q plate

E303EA80-12BC-4AED-914F-74F81AE36F7C.jpeg

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Stavross said:

I wish I hadn’t sold mine, very easy bike to ride and a lot of fun, I think I sold it for about 1000 quid, definitely be worth more than that now, I had a road legal Suzuki RMX 250 and that was a mental bike to ride on the road, in the end I took all the road gear off it and just used it off road before I killed myself, I think that was an early 90’s, it was a grey import on a Q plate

Bike in front of mine in the pic I put up is a rmx the brother owned , 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Chid said:

Bike in front of mine in the pic I put up is a rmx the brother owned , 

I’ve had loads of 250 2 strokes but out of all of them that’s the one I wish I still had, it was definitely the fastest 2 stroke I’ve had, used to go through pistons like nobody’s business though, I sold it to a 15 year old lad and I used to see him flying around the streets on it, after that I got a Yamaha 426 and that was a completely different animal 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Stavross said:

The previous owner of mine was a mechanic for the TAS suzuki race team and he had done all the upgrades you could ask for, bought it for £2400 through a dealer with 1100 miles on the clock in completely immaculate condition, I rode it for 2 years green laneing  and got 2800 for it trading it in against a new FZ1, the dealership sold it on for 3800. Lol. The same bike today would still be making 4 grand. 

Edited by dogmandont
10 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

The previous owner of mine was a mechanic for the TAZ suzuki race team and he had done all the upgrades you could ask for, bought it for £2400 through a dealer with 1100 miles on the clock in completely immaculate condition, I rode it for 2 years green laneing  and got 2800 for it trading it in against a new FZ1, the dealership sold it on for 3800. Lol. The same bike today would still be making 4 grand. 

It’s crazy how much every has increased in value, I sold my 54 reg ktm 660 about 10 years ago to a mate for 2k he sold it with a lot more mileage and a few more scratches for £3200 last year, used vehicle prices have shot up, bikes and cars, I was in Audi with the missus yesterday to see about ordering her new car, she has a 2 year old S3 at the minute and they offered her 35k for it, in 2 years it just about lost the VAT when they told her what it was worth I could see her eyes light up and went straight for a A5 convertible black edition at 53 grand, how the other half live ??

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Stavross said:

It’s crazy how much every has increased in value, I sold my 54 reg ktm 660 about 10 years ago to a mate for 2k he sold it with a lot more mileage and a few more scratches for £3200 last year, used vehicle prices have shot up, bikes and cars, I was in Audi with the missus yesterday to see about ordering her new car, she has a 2 year old S3 at the minute and they offered her 35k for it, in 2 years it just about lost the VAT when they told her what it was worth I could see her eyes light up and went straight for a A5 convertible black edition at 53 grand, how the other half live ??

Aye things are crazy at the minute. 

Another one I heard was lad had a Hilux paid 15k had it three years 'we buy any car offered him 18k then a lad from there called him back said drive to mates garage and got 21k for it. Certainly difficult to predict these sort of things, and when the arse falls out of it. Lots of supply chain issues in all sorts of markets

36 minutes ago, Borr said:

Another one I heard was lad had a Hilux paid 15k had it three years 'we buy any car offered him 18k then a lad from there called him back said drive to mates garage and got 21k for it. Certainly difficult to predict these sort of things, and when the arse falls out of it. Lots of supply chain issues in all sorts of markets

It’s definitely a supply chain issue that pushing the used vehicle prices up, when the missus ordered her new car yesterday they told her 6-8 months, they couldn’t even give her a build week because they are already a couple of months behind in Germany 

3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

DSC_1405.JPG.79cc821bb6c2d148a60b5ad17011fb2e.JPGDSC_1406.JPG.5b3afa0b0a860ca05da590d0b5a6fc0e.JPGDSC_1403.JPG.02d0a8abf61217de6adda53db6485e20.JPGDSC_1597.JPG.42a5fdc08b44489aae74fca4db15ab56.JPGrebuilt this 2 yrs ago for my 10 yr old,Honda xr80r 1988...bomb proof, nephews all had new crf's same time...they all broke...fixed and sold on,they got jetskis now instead ?DSC_1486.JPG.b90c0bab52111f5714ddd5e9a4e0c849.JPG

Proper smart that ? you really have to go some to kill a Honda XR air cooled lump, they have never really changed anything on them because they just work

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Borr said:

uncle sold his Navara jeep to one of the boys for 4 k..few months later they recalled them and they paid the lad out 9 k,the lad then bought a nice Hilux with the money...my uncle was gutted??

got a Renault 5 GT in my brothers lock up on a c reg...last time I looked they was worth 15k plus for a dog...this one has uprated brakes from the 19 16 v,gearbox from the 21 turbo and a Volvo turbo lump and massive inter cooler under the bonnet,it was around 380 bhp last time we had her on the road....I wish I still had my Evo 2...be worth abit now and the mr2 twin turbo ...put 20 k into that one,was a weapon?

• Like 1