Reliving my youth

My brother turned up today, he’d got rid of one of his gsxr track bikes and took a 1995 KLR650 in part ex, anyway his missus went mad because she told him to get rid of a couple of bikes, not swap one for another, so he said can I put it round here, it’s all legal so you can use it, well, from the minute I left the drive it was like I was back in my 20’s, proper hooligan bike, recently I’ve been thinking of getting another bike and as I’m getting on a bit now I was thinking about a Suzuki GSR750 after been out on this this afternoon I want my KTM660 supermoto back ??

A5A99DF4-770E-4436-BC6E-481FF4B0106A.jpeg

• Like 15

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My brother turned up today, he’d got rid of one of his gsxr track bikes and took a 1995 KLR650 in part ex, anyway his missus went mad because she told him to get rid of a couple of bikes, not swap one

This is mine a Honda xl 600 lmf 1984 so will be tax and mot exempt in couple of years nice for bopping around the back lanes

rebuilt this 2 yrs ago for my 10 yr old,Honda xr80r 1988...bomb proof, nephews all had new crf's same time...they all broke...fixed and sold on,they got jetskis now instead ?

Posted Images

So your brother's not only getting a kicking from his Mrs  he's going to get a clip round the ear from yours as well.  He ain't going to be able to keep it quiet that its round at yours because your  Mrs will have been transmitting the story.  They all do it all of the time.   Have you had the ...you were TOLD yet.?  !  Hooligan you. ??

• Haha 1

His missus already knows he’s got it, he’s having a new garage built so put his 4 bikes in the back room of the house on the understanding he would sell a track bike and his GS, turns out he just did what he always does and ignored her and she’s gone mental, I wouldn’t tell the missus it’s in the garage because she’ll want to go out on it and there’s nothing worse than not being able ride it like a nutter ?

• Haha 1

I had a yam xt660r n that felt like you was riding a feild bike on the road was good fun , and not to fast so no points on license , but it was a bit crap on the road n a bit crap off road ha still a fun bike tho 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, vfr400boy said:

I had a yam xt660r n that felt like you was riding a feild bike on the road was good fun , and not to fast so no points on license , but it was a bit crap on the road n a bit crap off road ha still a fun bike tho 

I had a Suzuki DRZ 400 E and that was just a field bike on the road, not fast at all so no points for speeding but I’ve no idea how I didn’t get banned on it because it spent more time on paths and grass than on the road and straight across roundabouts instead of round them ? the KTM660 supermoto I had was a load of fun, 4 stroke single, so it used to fire once every lamppost, if you didn’t ride it flat out everywhere it would shake the fillings from your teeth, I’ve been having a look after riding that old thumper and found another KTM (640 LC4 ) not far from me for a couple of grand, it’s only got 5k on the clock and almost 20 years old, now that could be down to 2 reasons firstly it’s been owned by old people and it’s frightened the sh*t out of them or secondly it’s a KTM and it would never start, when I was into motocross bikes KTM used to stand for KICK for TWENTY MINUTES ? they were terrible to start, I’ve seen people trying to tow start them with cars

1E98A28F-0EDE-409D-BB8E-B607C489E14F.png

50 minutes ago, greg64 said:

This is mine a Honda xl 600 lmf 1984 so will be tax and mot exempt in couple of years nice for bopping around the back lanes

24E1D86D-923F-43D5-8C28-D49447FC351D.jpeg

Always liked the old xl s , and old Africa twins wish I'd of bought one a few years ago before the prices went up , iv a few classic bikes now and a vfr800fi wich to be fair ticks alot of boxes 

20220625_204000.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Mate of mine recently revamped a mako 590 .Scared the crap out of .You’d never think I rode a 480 back in the day .

The torque is mental on that mako .Air cooled too .

i never knew that maico made a 590,i know they made  a 490 which was a beast back in the day and they even made a water cooled two stroke 700   which i think is the biggest ,i used to have a Montessa capra 414 and that was hard enough to keep the front end down

Edited by greg64
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Stavross said:

I had a Suzuki DRZ 400 E and that was just a field bike on the road, not fast at all so no points for speeding but I’ve no idea how I didn’t get banned on it because it spent more time on paths and grass than on the road and straight across roundabouts instead of round them ? the KTM660 supermoto I had was a load of fun, 4 stroke single, so it used to fire once every lamppost, if you didn’t ride it flat out everywhere it would shake the fillings from your teeth, I’ve been having a look after riding that old thumper and found another KTM (640 LC4 ) not far from me for a couple of grand, it’s only got 5k on the clock and almost 20 years old, now that could be down to 2 reasons firstly it’s been owned by old people and it’s frightened the sh*t out of them or secondly it’s a KTM and it would never start, when I was into motocross bikes KTM used to stand for KICK for TWENTY MINUTES ? they were terrible to start, I’ve seen people trying to tow start them with cars

1E98A28F-0EDE-409D-BB8E-B607C489E14F.png

Had a DRZ 400e myself, loved that bike and its the one I truly regret parting with. 

18 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Had a DRZ 400e myself, loved that bike and its the one I truly regret parting with. 

Had one myself for off road use though being a midget I couldn't touch the floor ?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, greg64 said:

i never knew that maico made a 590,i know they made  a 490 which was a beast back in the day and they even made a water cooled two stroke 700   which i think is the biggest ,i used to have a Montessa capra 414 and that was hard enough to keep the front end down

Your right mate ,was a 490 now rebored .

Pic not his but same bike .They did a 500 in blue as well .

DB5C2E43-574A-4450-9F8E-CF92C45A2FE0.jpeg

• Like 1
8 hours ago, vfr400boy said:

Always liked the old xl s , and old Africa twins wish I'd of bought one a few years ago before the prices went up , iv a few classic bikes now and a vfr800fi wich to be fair ticks alot of boxes 

20220625_204000.jpg

Is that a 250 super dream in the rear of the pic ?, I had a VFR 750 was a good bike to ride lots of momentum and grunt and then I discovered Ducati Monsters I think my Monster ownership spanned over a decade I loved them I miss having a bike haven’t had one for just over a year in a lifetime of always having one about.