Mk 1 collar batteries

13 hours ago, cantona said:

What batteries do the mk1 collars take , I’ve lost mine and can’t remember what size, hopefully eBay?

Is it a 15 foot collar ??

I us Renata 393 in my 15 foot collars which I think ia equivalent to A5. I don't use cheap eBay ones any more I had two ferrets in ground and the batteries died (new that day) had to use a third ferret to locate them.

There are I think some different types of mk1 8 foot collars. 

Micro which I think I'm right in saying takes 393 or equivalent A5

An 8 foot collar that has the coax TV cable cap which takes a bigger battery  357  equivalent AG13.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Arry said:

Is it a 15 foot collar ??

I us Renata 393 in my 15 foot collars which I think ia equivalent to A5. I don't use cheap eBay ones any more I had two ferrets in ground and the batteries died (new that day) had to use a third ferret to locate them.

There are I think some different types of mk1 8 foot collars. 

Micro which I think I'm right in saying takes 393 or equivalent A5

An 8 foot collar that has the coax TV cable cap which takes a bigger battery  357  equivalent AG13.

Cheers Arry

15 foot mate, thanks, I used to get them from an opticians who did hearing aid batteries 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Ferretman65 said:

Hearing aid batteries do the best ? 

Never found them reliable. I  "borrowed " a pack from my Mum but they didn't  last long .  Apparently they start to discharge the moment they are exposed to air.

16 hours ago, comanche said:

Never found them reliable. I  "borrowed " a pack from my Mum but they didn't  last long .  Apparently they start to discharge the moment they are exposed to air.

I use my hearing aid battery's in the collars i start mid/late August bin then at the end of the year and the new ones last till binned April 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, cantona said:

What ones then?

Well as said in my post I use Renata set last me all season most years as long as you unscrew the cap when you get home. I know few lads use Ryovac with the same results.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, comanche said:

20220807_105311.jpg.d45452b233887f802d56c7bef47c48c1.jpg

I notice and I have before it say DO NOT USE ZINC AIR BATTERIES. Does anybody know why?? 

I know Renata Silver Oxide has the most reliable Voltage could be that but Zinc Air has the largest 310 mAh so you would think it would last the longest.

Cheers Arry