Aj. V Uysk

Anybody buying the fight, think its going £25 quid. I don't think I bother, Aj will get knock out early in the fight I reckon, Uysk knows he can beat him, and knock him it, seen the pics of him, he looks bigger stronger., than last time. Aj got new team coach, OK changed few things, but it won't help him against Uysk 20 august. 

• Like 1

I'll buy it,I can't really see AJ making a dramatic change,if that was going to happen it would have happened earlier on in his career and chopping and changing trainers lately is a bad sign,a good trainer can bring you on and better what's already there but he can't make you in what you're not

He is game though AJ,takes his losses on the chin,big powerful puncher,more so accumulative rather than 1shot power, not bad selection of shots, but he ain't solving that Usyk puzzle,Usyk going to throw shots from so many angles again it will be unreal, and his footwork is too much for AJ 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

End of the road for Joshua 

No, it's not.  He's only 32, the age when most heavyweights are at their peak.

He's only lost two fights, that really is nothing, never mind how promoters etc bleat on about  being 'undefeated'.

Like I said the other night, sugar ray robinson, lost 19 tines, but is widely regarded as the best boxer of all time.

We can't have it all ways.

That's one area where the UFC gets it right,a fighter gets beat but he isn't finished in the UFC, that and the UFCs competitive match making and fights happen when they should,and quality fights happen with a lot of regularity 

The UFC has its fair share of problems but as far as competitive match making goes it is spot on - you wouldn't be waiting for the UFCs equivalent of Pac V Floyd or Fury vs AJ as long as we do 

As for boxing,I would rather see a fighter be matched competitively all the way through his career,than have a fantastic record that on closer look is full of jank opponents or people who are where they are at due to skullduggery with the sanctioning bodies

Obviously you can't throw someone who has just turned over the wolves, because that is just silly,that and the fact that people want to make as much dough as possible out of fighters, but to me a fighter who has lost to good opposition and came back to still compete at a high level is worth more than someone who loves knocking over a patsy 

Fighters I really like the look of at the moment are bam rodriguez, he is a future world champion for sure, nick ball, and Dalton smith 

Edited by Billy b
  • Like 4
18 minutes ago, shaaark said:

He's only lost two fights, that really is nothing, never mind how promoters etc bleat on about  being 'undefeated'.

Like I said the other night, sugar ray robinson, lost 19 tines, but is widely regarded as the best boxer of all time.

different time shaark aj no sugar ray in 130 fights he lost once to lamotaa who he beat about 4 times 

but i think aj could beat usyk but aj struggles with cardio both very beatable i think 

42 minutes ago, shaaark said:

We’ll see 

On 02/08/2022 at 21:21, Billy b said:

That's one area where the UFC gets it right,a fighter gets beat but he isn't finished in the UFC, that and the UFCs competitive match making and fights happen when they should,and quality fights happen with a lot of regularity 

The UFC has its fair share of problems but as far as competitive match making goes it is spot on - you wouldn't be waiting for the UFCs equivalent of Pac V Floyd or Fury vs AJ as long as we do 

As for boxing,I would rather see a fighter be matched competitively all the way through his career,than have a fantastic record that on closer look is full of jank opponents or people who are where they are at due to skullduggery with the sanctioning bodies

Obviously you can't throw someone who has just turned over the wolves, because that is just silly,that and the fact that people want to make as much dough as possible out of fighters, but to me a fighter who has lost to good opposition and came back to still compete at a high level is worth more than someone who loves knocking over a patsy 

Fighters I really like the look of at the moment are bam rodriguez, he is a future world champion for sure, nick ball, and Dalton smith 

Some good points there.  ?