Jump to content

First x whippet greyhound


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive posted this before , but many years ago, as a lad at school. on my way home if i had no money for the bus, i used to take a short cut up some back streets to get home, there was this black snout s

Seen a lot of first cross non-ped whippet x greyhounds over the years, and owned a few line bred. Insanely fast and easily capable of taking daytime hare, downside is they break easily and most l

Going off on a tangent here but have always liked the attached painting, that has uploaded pissed for some reason. Norman Cornish "Man at Bar With Dog on Lead". The breed is not specified but when tal

Posted Images

7 hours ago, iworkwhippets said:

ive posted this before , but many years ago, as a lad at school. on my way home if i had no money for the bus, i used to take a short cut up some back streets to get home, there was this black snout sticking out under this here gate, me being a dog lover fer as far back as i can remember, climbed on top of the gate see whats [BANNED TEXT], what i saw browt joy to my heart, a thumping great black greyhound type dog, so every day on my way home from school,  or should i say state pen, an evil place, i used to see if the dog was still there, and hopefully waiting for me, cos it used to lick my hand under the gate, then this old lady came to the gate and let me in, and what a welcome i got from the dog, which turned out to be a whip x grey, called bob, i asked if i could take him out at weekend, sure she says, and then says if you like him, you can have him, me and that dog bonded straight away lovely faithful dog,  and the stuff i took with him out in the fields of plenty, i would be id be in prison today 

Nice one mate 👍 

Link to post
11 hours ago, Ferretman65 said:

Nice feet  👌

Both the parents had good deep pads. Most of the working type whippets over here have good feet, they have to for the ground here.

7 hours ago, fred90 said:

I like the look of that little dog mate

She is a good bitch, she has nerves of steel, nothing bothers her, storms, gun shots and she is really obedient without much training. My other whippet/stag is highly strung, willful but still my once in a lifetime lurcher. I'm a bit gutted atm as she is in the vets with liver problems, I don't know if she will make it 🥺. She's getting older at 9.

20180110_124636-1.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
7 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Both the parents had good deep pads. Most of the working type whippets over here have good feet, they have to for the ground here.

She is a good bitch, she has nerves of steel, nothing bothers her, storms, gun shots and she is really obedient without much training. My other whippet/stag is highly strung, willful but still my once in a lifetime lurcher. I'm a bit gutted atm as she is in the vets with liver problems, I don't know if she will make it 🥺. She's getting older at 9.

20180110_124636-1.jpg

Very nice mate I do like the whippets myself hope it's all good for your wee dog in the vets all the best 👍 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
14 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Both the parents had good deep pads. Most of the working type whippets over here have good feet, they have to for the ground here.

She is a good bitch, she has nerves of steel, nothing bothers her, storms, gun shots and she is really obedient without much training. My other whippet/stag is highly strung, willful but still my once in a lifetime lurcher. I'm a bit gutted atm as she is in the vets with liver problems, I don't know if she will make it 🥺. She's getting older at 9.

20180110_124636-1.jpg

Pups a cracker and I hope all turns out OK for the ol girl ,my young lurcher was turning out just nice until she became bang shy because of fireworks  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post

I love whippets. I love greyhounds. To me a cross between the two is the sweet spot for the field. But I am no lurcherman and fully understand that a serious lurcherman will often require a dog with a bit more depending on what is needed to be caught, how much is needed to be caught, how often and where. But a whippet x greyhound will catch most things and are a joy to watch when doing so.

  • Like 9
Link to post

Our Sandy, first cross Whippet/Greyhound. Hard as fecking nails. An avid cat killer that went through a shop window after her prey. In the terriced streets where we lived, she ran cats along the back yard walls, after leaping up off the coal bunkers. She came a cropper many a time, broke toes, ribs and sliced tendons but she never quit on em.

Thats me, on the left, next to mum, our Sandy was my first hunting dog and over the years as i was growing up, we caught loads of stuff, from rabbits to foxes. I foolishly retired her aged 15 whilst she was still catching rabbits and she pined away and died within six months... This is the only photo i have of her.

FB_IMG_1458244826920.jpg

Link to post
14 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Our Sandy, first cross Whippet/Greyhound. Hard as fecking nails. An avid cat killer that went through a shop window after her prey. In the terriced streets where we lived, she ran cats along the back yard walls, after leaping up off the coal bunkers. She came a cropper many a time, broke toes, ribs and sliced tendons but she never quit on em.

Thats me, on the left, next to mum, our Sandy was my first hunting dog and over the years as i was growing up, we caught loads of stuff, from rabbits to foxes. I foolishly retired her aged 15 whilst she was still catching rabbits and she pined away and died within six months... This is the only photo i have of her.

FB_IMG_1458244826920.jpg

good write up bosun and great memory’s beat been stuck in on a computer any day 👍

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post

Extremely fast off the mark, good ferreting dogs, good on the lamp, on the right terrain, But a bit fragile for an all rounder, But as they say, Horses for courses, If they fit your ground and hunting style, then, Hard to beat. 

 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...