New hutch

Got this made the other week there, 3 levels and the middle partitions too into effectively 6 compartments. Want to make it so the 3 levels can all be accessed if anyone has any ideas? 

F2A5E478-7D1A-4BAA-AB8C-84BE1A546447.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jigsaw said:

I'm on the search for a hutch myself,making one is not an option for me,I'm not good at that stuff,that's a nice set up

Paid £250 for it which I think is very reasonable considering it’s joiner made and was delivered straight to my door ??

• Like 4

Looks great personally I would put one hole on each level and if you ever wanted to close it of just put a concrete paver over it     That’s what I have done to my large cage for when I need to seperate my ferrets. 

Bargain price. There is a company on fb that make hutches and they look superb but 600-700 or more no way. My wood work is useless and the hutch I made out the back from pallets needs 15 people to move it 

Edited by terryd
  • Haha 2
13 hours ago, RossM said:

I thought about corrugated pipe? 

I have ramps, work fine although if fixed permanently they make cleaning difficult. Ferrets only take one step on them so as someone said , maybe just a hole that can be covered and a small step screwed into side. I find ferrets don't always get on so definitely need to be able to separate. A friend used corrugated soil pipe to connect to outside play area and that worked well

Thats a great buy Ross but if it was me I would change them wooden catches for "Hasp and Staple's" mate. If one of the wooden catches dries out and drops the escape artist's will be gone.

With Hasp and Staples you can put some locks on if needed.

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, Arry said:

Thats a great buy Ross but if it was me I would change them wooden catches for "Hasp and Staple's" mate. If one of the wooden catches dries out and drops the escape artist's will be gone.

With Hasp and Staples you can put some locks on if needed.

Cheers Arry

Upside down but done already ????

9769FA32-3D71-4180-B738-E214D0D206D0.jpeg

• Like 1