You still get them….

12 hours ago, jackthelad said:

Boy a no was walking a cane Corso along the canal..... woman asked what kind it was.... jack russell haha

Got me into a fight and arrested when someone asked us if my brother's staffie was a staffie (was a perfect example of one) and I pipes up "no it's a rottweiler for f**ks sake" in a real sarcastic way ??

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Black neck said:

If u want 2 avoid stupid questions from folk ,wait till they say whatever shit it is there saying ,then politely ask if u can finger them 

including the men....lol

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, Black neck said:

If u want 2 avoid stupid questions from folk ,wait till they say whatever shit it is there saying ,then politely ask if u can finger them 

ffs blacky, the world thinks we are a odd fxxxcking bunch as it is ?

• Haha 1

Let’s be fair though, unless your into lurchers or know someone who does… how would you expect most of the general public to know what one is? My neighbour asked me yesterday if my ferret was a stoat. I think we forget that most people arnt into hunting and all the general knowledge that goes with it. 

• Like 2

I am guilty of the opposite. Not the most sociable of people but at 1 time if you bumped into someone with a lurcher they would be a sporting chap or chapess and maybe worth talking to. I have met people and asked the cliche'd "how's it bred?" "done much?", then the owner looks at me as though I'm a nutter and reaching for the phone to call 999. That was before I realised that folk now keep lurchers as pets.

Many times been asked what type of dogs mine are/were and when reply "Jack Russell" they also look at me like I'm a nutter. Look nothing like the pure bred, expensive, black and white piglet that they have on a harness.

• Like 4
On 03/08/2022 at 22:01, moonlighter said:

Let’s be fair though, unless your into lurchers or know someone who does… how would you expect most of the general public to know what one is? My neighbour asked me yesterday if my ferret was a stoat. I think we forget that most people arnt into hunting and all the general knowledge that goes with it. 

Well they know enough about it 2 want to ban every aspect on it apparently ? 

• Like 1

I’ve been asked several times if my GWP was an Irish Wolfhound (he’s about 27kgs) and people have stated that he must be very old (due to having a half grey coat/half liver coat). Also been asked if my young whippet was pointer because the man used to have a pointer and they looked very similar ??‍♂️ 

I had a whippet when I moved here an older women in the next village had two kc whippets she stopped me one day admiring my wee rabbiter next time I seen her she asked if he could go over her bitch aye no problem good she says can I have a look at his pedigree... no papers I said.... Christ the look on her face.... like she had just used shizen for toothpaste ... she never used my wee dug 

2 hours ago, jackthelad said:

I had a whippet when I moved here an older women in the next village had two kc whippets she stopped me one day admiring my wee rabbiter next time I seen her she asked if he could go over her bitch aye no problem good she says can I have a look at his pedigree... no papers I said.... Christ the look on her face.... like she had just used shizen for toothpaste ... she never used my wee dug 

Shizen ??????