Me: ”nah”

(Before I could tell him)

Auld boy: “greyhound?”

Me: “Naw…. She’s a lurcher”

Auld boy: “aw right, aye”…….

(15 second pause)

Auld boy: “pure?”

Me: ??‍♂️…….. “Aye mate”

Thought about waiting till he said “doesn’t look like a lurcher” and then educating him but sensible got the better of me so I climbed a fence and f****d off through a field.

081C8CBE-262A-4A4A-A6BA-6C5F9EEA10FE.jpeg

• Like 11

50 minutes ago, vfr400boy said:

I was delivering to a building site n some labourer with dread locks had a lurcher sat next to him, I said is he a beddie gray ? The lad said no no he's a lurcher! 

Obviously a pedigree one ?

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, RossM said:

Out with dugs this morning,

Some auld boy: “Is it a whippet?”

Me: ”nah”

(Before I could tell him)

Auld boy: “greyhound?”

Me: “Naw…. She’s a lurcher”

Auld boy: “aw right, aye”…….

(15 second pause)

Auld boy: “pure?”

Me: ??‍♂️…….. “Aye mate”

Thought about waiting till he said “doesn’t look like a lurcher” and then educating him but sensible got the better of me so I climbed a fence and f****d off through a field.

081C8CBE-262A-4A4A-A6BA-6C5F9EEA10FE.jpeg

I actually like when somebody asks about the dogs with a bit of interest, makes a change from the cnuts looking at you like your a serial killer. Lol. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You can see em a mile off.

I pick what I say to whom I meet. She is a rescue dog to general public, a worker to farmers, a mongrel I picked up to Nike Air max/traccy bottom 'dog lads', or a 1/8bed 3/8whip 1/2grey who could've done better without me holding her back to proper dog men.

To most around me I just say rescue. Easier than trying to explain what a mix is when your talking to someone holding a French bulldog or a sproodle or some shite.

• Like 4

I had one ask what kind ….. saluki x greyhound was my answer….. bare in mind he looks like a white wirehair pointer ….. oh i love Salukis is he pure bred ….. yes of course 

couldnt look less like a saluki unless he was a bullcross

they don’t reach the level of despair I feel when I see someone with a harness on a dog and it’s pulling to the end of its lead and there happy to go for a walk arm getting pulled out socket ….. And to be honest the worst that i regularly see are cocker even pups now you’ve got 10/12 years maybe of that arm getting stretched my four year old can walk that saluki cross on a lead and he’s only 9 month 

• Like 1

My old dog had short black coat and I used to get asked if he was a greyhound from time to time and when I told them he was a lurcher the usual reply was that it didn’t look like a lurcher because they have long coats . One even told me he wasn’t because his mate bred pedigree lurchers and they don’t look like that 

• Haha 3